Anyone using Superior Drummer 3 for Electronic/Hip-Hop music?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No.....

Just kidding. I don't have this but I do have AD and a few other nice "real drum" products. I do tons of hip hop and electronic stuff and I regularly program up my own breaks and then chop em up in a sampler and get down like that. Having something like Vybz or rc20 is a bonus for dirtying these sorts of things up in this kind of use.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:25 am No.....

Just kidding. I don't have this but I do have AD and a few other nice "real drum" products. I do tons of hip hop and electronic stuff and I regularly program up my own breaks and then chop em up in a sampler and get down like that. Having something like Vybz or rc20 is a bonus for dirtying these sorts of things up in this kind of use.

JJ
Thanks for your suggestion.

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:47 am Anyone tried this?

https://www.toontrack.com/product/electronic-edge-ezx/
Not yet, but I do have my eye on it. It's a bit expensive for me, though, especially considering I already have lots of options for electronic sounds (Battery 4, Polyplex, DrumComputer, XO). Guess Electronic Edge EZX might not be worth it for me.

With these acoustic drums from Superior Drummer 3, how do you use the reverb? Do you only dial in the room ambience from the library itself or use external reverb processing too?

Typically, I use drum samples and route them to the reverb bus and dial it as needed to make them sit with other instruments in the mix. But with SD3 in particular it would be good to get some advice.

Return to “Instruments”