Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:59 pm If you go here and log with your Arturia account you shall see the offer.
while we're at it...:
are there any plans on supporting the new MTS-ESP ODDsound tuning system ?

https://oddsound.com/
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=563023

Is it me or have the preset next/last arrows stopped working? (stand alone)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

new arturia release and once again no way to access the software center. what a tease. but awesome (free) update!

Has the overall cpu usage been improved in this new version ?

Software center doesn't work, but direct download from website did... :)

gondii wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:11 pm new arturia release and once again no way to access the software center. what a tease. but awesome (free) update!
I don't know if they'll be any more reliable than using ASC, but there are direct download links on the Pigments resources page:

https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /resources

Confusingly, there's also this bit:
Arturia wrote:Now that you're the proud owner of 500 sounds tailor-made for Pigments 3, you just need to install them to unlock its full-color potential and get creative.
which I took to mean that they were giving Pigments 2 owners the Spectrum pack as well as the free upgrade to 3. So I went ahead and downloaded/installed all those too, but of course they don't show up in the Pigments preset browser because I don't actually own them. If it sounds too good to be true...

It's a great update though, for sure!

Kevin [Arturia] wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:59 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:57 pm Where? I've owned Pigments since v1 but not seeing a bundle anywhere, just the individual soundsets in the store inside of Pigments.
If you go here and log with your Arturia account you shall see the offer.
Hi Kevin, That's not correct. I own Pigments and I get the message that says I should be able to buy the new preset pack for $19, but the BUY NOW button says: $49 (with $99 marked out) and if I click it, it plans to charge me $49.

rezoneight wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:57 pm Where? I've owned Pigments since v1 but not seeing a bundle anywhere, just the individual soundsets in the store inside of Pigments.
I've done that, upgraded to Pigments 3 through ASC fine, but when logged in it just shows me to pay $49 to upgrade to Pigments 3 with free presets rather than this $19 preset offer.

Is this something to do with my original v1 Pigments license being a crossgrade deal that was running for V Collection owners when it first got released?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Jesus, what an update! And all those modulation bugs with the unison has been fixed too! Thank you guys.
Last edited by Igro on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I realized I had never even tried the demo of Pigments before. Partly because I've got a ton of other synths but party because of the requirement for the ASC. With the giveaways of the Juno Chorus and Rev Plate effects plugins I relented and installed the ASC. So now no excuse not to demo.

So I did and because of the near no-brainer cross grade deal I couldn't resist and picked up Pigments.

Nothing really ground breaking but it is a very nice synth and for the price there's no room for complaints. :tu:
Vortifex wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm
abducted wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:18 pm Has the overall cpu usage been improved in this new version ?
Idk if it's just my perception but to me it actually feels worse in terms of CPU. A lot of these new presets are sending FL's CPU meter (yes I know it's for underruns) past 40% and my CPU is decent. I noticed they limited the polyphony on a lot of them.
It does seem fairly CPU hungry on some factory patches taking my i7 8700K near 40% on some patches but I'll see how it does on the types of patches I normally make.
cthonophonic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:22 pm
Arturia wrote:Now that you're the proud owner of 500 sounds tailor-made for Pigments 3, you just need to install them to unlock its full-color potential and get creative.
which I took to mean that they were giving Pigments 2 owners the Spectrum pack as well as the free upgrade to 3. So I went ahead and downloaded/installed all those too, but of course they don't show up in the Pigments preset browser because I don't actually own them.
Same here. I'd swear it said the Spectrum patches were included and I get the same "Now that you're the proud owner of 500 sounds" text as you do.

Installed all the different files but they still don't show up even in "Owned Banks". Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Anyway I'm off to make some sounds.......... :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I have Pigments 3 running and just purchased the presets and also the Jupiter-V4 crossgrade on top. But Arturia servers are a mess currently. I was now able to download the V4 directly form the website, but the download button for the presets leads to a "page not found". No chance at the ASC. But that's alright, got plenty to play with for now.

Just one thing... do you guys also have insane CPU usage with the new sound engine?

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:23 pm
I've done that, upgraded to Pigments 3 through ASC fine, but when logged in it just shows me to pay $49 to upgrade to Pigments 3 with free presets rather than this $19 preset offer.

Is this something to do with my original v1 Pigments license being a crossgrade deal that was running for V Collection owners when it first got released?
I had the exact same issue as you (and I also got the crossgrade deal). I just logged out and back in and the price now displays correctly.

Give that a shot.

starting to become my favorite synth. I was thinking of getting Hive 2 but now I'm wondering what it would offer for sound experimentation that Pigments doesn't!
Last edited by killmaster on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks Kevin, not working properly in Firefox for me. Tried Safari and seeing the pricing.

Return to “Instruments”