Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

wagtunes wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:53 pm Thank you. Like I said, I know what I read.
But Tek is right. Everybody does it. I'm just sick of it.
I think what happened was, while reading your gripe about thier marketing, I was actually enjoying playing Pigments 3 and it was making my wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality. :borg:

From the Pigments page at Arturia:

1. An infinite spectrum of sound Pigments 3 raises the bar for VST instruments (probably true)

2. surpassing the capabilities of premium hardware synths and plugins alike (subjective opinion and untested, might apply to some synths, but not all)

3. making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality" (marketing bullshit 101... how could they know what my wildest fantasy is?)

But bottom line, it's an awesome synth, and a very nice free upgrade from Arturia! Well done! :clap:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Does this replace your Pigments 2 installation, or do they exist side by side like Equator and Equator 2? The talk of the heavy CPU load makes me nervous about just giving up Pigments 2. Thanks in advance.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

Pigments must have one of the best sequencers in any VST, I absolutely love it! It’s a Fabulous synth, great update. Well done and thank you Arturia for making this a free update, very generous. :hug:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

BassMasterK wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:58 pm Does this replace your Pigments 2 installation
Yes that appears to be the case. Only one instance of Pigments is installed.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Can't download the demo, but, I'm watching a video, and, I must say, that's a seriously impressive feature set. And, Arturia typical, a very nice GUI, and easy operation. Well done, Arturia.

The Utility tool is great for doing claps and synthetic snares in no time, especially now that Arturia finally made all envelopes sound the same when routing to various volume knobs. Just that you know, you can add more samples to the Utility modules. Top stuff.

This is a great update! I'm loving the new harmonic engine and the utility engine is well implemented. I think with the FX page tweaks they've also improved on what was already an excellent UI, and the new added FX are welcome. I don't ever buy presets, but this time I also bought the new soundpack for 19.99, and I must say I'm very glad I did - I've so far only had a quick play through one of the five packs, but for me there seems like a lot of usable sounds. It's a bit of a powerhouse. It got a fair amount of use from me before, but I think going forward I'll be reaching for it more and more.

I didn't like Pigments 2, but this one, with additive engine, seems nice 👍
I think I'll login and buy it.
Is the cpu usage is more than with Massive X for example?

I wasn't sure before biting the bullet but it looks like Pigments has NKS support for factory presets, however the new sound packs don't appear to support it.

I wasn't super jazzed about Pigments before, I liked some stuff but the GUI just felt a bit clunky and flashy for my tastes, but this time around I tried the presets (kudos to the sound designers, preset surfing on this thing is great) and got comfortable with the interface a bit more and since their upgrade paths are generous, the value was too good to pass up!

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:30 pm
Seems like everyone is high today. lol Ya ok that's a but much, this especially "making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality" :roll: - I missed that when I read through the page. You're right Wag...

Marketing people don't really get it. I've worked in the industry and know first hand that marketing will ignore any evidence that their approach is disliked by customers. its mostly because the net result is profitable.
He wasn't right. What he said was nonsense made up by someone else, not Arturia. They made up their own nonsense but they never said:
...some incredible, new never before in the history of mankind, synth?
Do you think these companies wont do marketing? For christ's sake they call it a "polychrome synthesizer", from the first day.
An infinite spectrum of sound
Pigments 3 raises the bar for VST instruments, surpassing the capabilities of premium hardware synths and plugins alike, making your wildest sonic fantasy a full-color reality
It's all playing on the whole color thing they've got going on in the name and the UI since day one. Should they say it lowers the bar? Keeps the bar in place? It certainly surpasses most of their own hardware. Surpasses what a Prophet-5 can do. There is a long list of both hardware and VSTs it can be said about.

Never understand why people cant be happy with free upgrades and instead want stir up shit over something the company never said.

New Arturia ad to appease the KVR whiners:

Announcing Pigments 3. We put some new stuff in it that you might like, or maybe not, but we think it's alright. Maybe you will too? Whatever.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

They can say whatever they like when it’s a free update, I mean who reads that stuff anyway right!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 pm They can say whatever they like when it’s a free update, I mean who reads that stuff anyway right!
Exactly! Why people care about the marketing?! Let them say it is the best synth ever existed! All the beers I buy is the best beer in the world! That is all on the shelfs!

I tried the Pigments 1 demo when it came out, and thought "this is nice but I don't need it."

I think I completely spaced on Pigments 2, I didn't remember that there even was one.

Tried it again, and even with the nice discount Arturia's offering me, I'm still going to pass. The additive mode is neat but it's pretty hard to impress me after getting an Odessa. :D

ASC is a huge mess though, I hope they can get that straightened out someday so they can have a release that isn't so painful.

Return to “Instruments”