Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Whenever I see somebody saying you can use any synth and you get the same result, I wait for the next post with a smile. :)

PS : Babyface Pro FS, Event Opal
aviary-image-1618963857457.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DJErmac on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

And then you’ve got all the plugins in the chain you can place after Pigments, even filters if you want e.g. through Voltage Modular.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

The Arturia Sound Store within Pigments is empty for me and the download link for the Spectrum Sound Pack in My Arturia account is wrong.

For anyone else having trouble installing it, you can find it here - https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... /resources

I believe you need to run the Arturia Software Center and sync after installing to see the presets in Pigments.

nick batt aka sonicstate aka sonicLab had a look at v3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySmtrvS ... sonicstate

t-h-i-s i-s n-o-t f-a-i-r !

wow - what a nice update

the harmonic osc is brilliant!

and very very good presets! cudos to the sound designers
it's not fair, because now i have to spend the rest of the week (or even month) with
playing through all presets :lol:

thanks arturia!

:tu: :tu: :tu:

gondii wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:20 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:16 pm I think there is still no way to disable ALL the FX with a single click, which is disappointing and something that I wished for in Pigments 2.
But you an disable all the fx per lane (a, b and bus). So it's three clicks at most if you use all the possible fx. I think that's pretty valid still... (I know you said "all")
Yes, I know. But I think it makes sense to have a single FX disable button. Equator2 for example added this option in their recent update and I think there are some other synths I have that have this feature. Not a major issue, but it's certainly more than "nice to have" for me. Will make a request to Arturia if I buy Pigments 3.

muki wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:00 am nick batt aka sonicstate aka sonicLab had a look at v3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySmtrvS ... sonicstate
Great video. Is it just because it is new or shiny or it is really sounding better now? :o

Re: cpu hit. I'm looking for a multi-core switch, can't find it. Am I missing something?

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 pm
EnGee wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:35 pm Is the cpu usage is more than with Massive X for example?
Pretty similar, I would say.
Indeed!

Well, after few tries I could downloaded it and installed it. The price was a no brainer for me ($50 or was $49!). I haven't enough time to explore it, but from just 10 mins going the presets, I noticed some presets are really very good but some are awful.

Anyway, I like it and looking to make my own presets with it, as it's a wonderful synth for sound design. The sound possibilities are endless now with so many syntheses there! I know with what I'll spend my night :D

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:41 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:26 pm
EnGee wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:35 pm Is the cpu usage is more than with Massive X for example?
Pretty similar, I would say.

I really love the operation. Wished my other synths would be so easy to operate. Who needs a manual for this? :)
Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:23 pm Yeah, I personally don't like Arturia's sound
I'm not really a fan too, but, Pigments is alright really. I always thought their genereal sound engine is fine. It's just the filters which could be more wild, in all of their synths. On the other hand, for a synth like Pigments, I think the filters are OK. Nothing extraordinary special, but, OK.
Well, I don't feel very confortable saying that in this thread, but I find Arturia's sound kinda "plasticky", 2D (highly subjective, I know), no matter which Arturia's synth. Maybe it's aliasing? Maybe it's the filters, as you said? I don't know. I just don't get along with their synths. Which is a shame, as I think they work pretty hard (I don't see any other company putting that much effort in their flagship synth!)
I can clearly hear the difference between Arturia synths and eg. Hive 2. Arturia synths sounds flat, lack depth imo. I mean out of the box. Yes, I can process it further to bring back what's initially missing but it doesn't change the fact that their synths have their own "trademark sound". I really dislike most of their filters (moog's filter especially). I wish I could put 3rd party plugin/external processing in the chain to replace these filters. It would be awesome :)

By saying that I like Pigments 2 for its features, GUI and sequencer and I'm using it successfully. I even produced one House/Techno track fully in P2 (drums triggered in P2 sequencer). It just require a bit more tweaking than Hive, Repro or MX.

P3 update sounds great and I can't wait to try it today. I would say that the fact that they added such features for free is kinda revolutionary ;) Not many companies do that, some would charge 5 update rates for what Arturia give here for free.

So even tgat i dislike some features of Arturia synths, I still have respect for this company for other features that I really like.

The VA section in Pigments 3 still sounds pretty bad to me, which is weird since I like some of their VA synths. I think it's mostly down to the pulse wave sounding bad, and weird distortion when playing multiple notes at the same time. Sounds vaguely like clipping but the output isn't showing anywhere near clipping, so if it is clipping it's some sort of internal gain staging clipping that the synth isn't warning me about. I hear this on lots of softsynths where it sounds bad when not playing monophonically. My hardware Alexis Ion sounded like this too...great for monophonic stuff, weird and distorted for chords without clear separation between notes.
pixel85 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:43 am I can clearly hear the difference between Arturia synths and eg. Hive 2. Arturia synths sounds flat, lack depth imo.
I own and love every U-He synth and...

It really depends on the Arturia synth. Some of them sound great especially the newer ones like jupiter v4, and the Juno emulation.

I probably reach for the Jun-6v more than any single U-He synth. It is right up there with U-He in sound while being super fun to use.
Last edited by briefcasemanx on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

I don't think Arturia synths all sound the same!! Even between the same group (digital synths for example) everyone sounds completely different!
I agree that Modular and ARP 2600 don't sound like a real hardware, but the last ones sound really good (And different) Matrix-12, Jup-8 v4, ... etc.

Pigments 2 didn't give me something I don't have already, but Pigments 3 (called only Pigments now, right?) seems a monster. I think Arturia knew how to enhance it and took notes of its weak points. Really good job :tu:

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cryophonik wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:56 pm Announcing Pigments 3. We put some new stuff in it that you might like, or maybe not, but we think it's alright. Maybe you will too? Whatever.
:lol:

THANK YOU ARTURIA for making this a free update! :party:

It's an awesome synth, sounds great and the colours make it super-easy to see what's going on, and they're quite innovative at that. Plus, as someone said, the sequencer is superb. :tu:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

EnGee wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:56 am Pigments 2 didn't give me something I don't have already, but Pigments 3 (called only Pigments now, right?) seems a monster. I think Arturia knew how to enhance it and took notes of its weak points. Really good job :tu:
Pigments 2 (also a free update! :love: ) gave us granular synthesis as I recall it. That expanded the use of the synth tremendously for me. The CPU consumption is a bit too high for using it on every track (plus the tracks would get muddy after a while, I presume), but Pigments is great for synth solos etc, using granular synthesis to spice/mess things up.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Return to “Instruments”