Softube Model 84 (Juno 106)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Model 84 Polyphonic Synthesizer

I purchased the Model 84, it sounds great !

I can confirm, I see no split/doubling feature on the GUI.

Sounds fantastic (demo'ing). I can't say if it sounds better than the Roland Cloud 106 because I don't have access to that anymore, but it sure looks better, and is much more pleasant to program...

I'm a big fan of the Model 72 as well. It has the biggest balls of any Minimoog emulation I've played.

I've decided at this point that Softube is the company that needs to make a CS-80... they'd nail the UI, the sound, the performance functionality....c'mon Softube. You know you wanna..... :hyper: :hyper:

yeah a cs-80 would be nice, but also the arp2500 or 2600

best option is to get all the modules in softube modular :)

canadian_moose wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:15 am
Muziksculp wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:11 am
Aloysius wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:28 pm U-No-LX is not a Juno 106 emulation
Yeah. True. I didn't notice it's the Juno 60.

So, how good is the Softube Model 84 (Roland Juno 106 Emulation) ?
If you watch the two videos from the start of the thread then both Starsky Carr and Matt Johnson think its spot on.
Matt Johnson was being paid to say he likes it. It's best to judge for oneself or at least listen to the opinions of people who aren't being paid by the developers.

Has Jordan Rudess endorsed it yet? ;)

Turning off OpenGL graphics inside the plugin helped me with a problem on Windows 10.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Vortifex wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 am

If you watch the two videos from the start of the thread then both Starsky Carr and Matt Johnson think its spot on.
Matt Johnson was being paid to say he likes it. It's best to judge for oneself or at least listen to the opinions of people who aren't being paid by the developers.
Having followed Matt’s channel for sometime now, I doubt very much that he would say what he’s saying if he didn’t actually think that was the case.

There are also plenty of other opinions to back but Matt’s claim but hey ho, if you think he’s a paid shill then that’s up to you.

deleted
Last edited by canadian_moose on Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

canadian_moose wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:29 am
canadian_moose wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:29 am
Vortifex wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 am

Having followed Matt’s channel for sometime now, I doubt very much that he would say what he’s saying if he didn’t actually think that was the case.

There are also plenty of other opinions to back up Matt’s claim but hey ho, if you think he’s a paid shill then that’s up to you.

Also not sure he needs the money from Softube to be honest. Do you?

Duplicate deleted

I'm not criticising him personally. It doesn't matter who it is, if someone is being paid to advertise something - which he was - then you should take what they are saying with a mountain of salt.

You know... I don't know if it's "paid" or not (I doubt it), but, I really have no illusions that such videos are often "coloured" by the relationship between the company and the artist (artist gets the instruments which is not released yet, for demonstration, and, simply, marketing purposes). It's a win-win: Artist gets recognition, brand gets recognition. I don't think anyone really would benefit from artists slagging off products. That alone will already make it biased.

Doesn't matter though. I don't expect it to be a fair test or assessment. I don't even expect that from specalized press which tests the plugins. It's always a hand in hand between artists, press, and the companies developing plugins.

There are demos, so, who cares anyway?

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:59 am You know... I don't know if it's "paid" or not (I doubt it)
It literally says paid promotion on the video. Anyway I don't want to drag this topic on, I was just responding to the notion that an opinion given in an advert is worth something. As always, trust your own ears.

Honestly, what makes the Softube version better than the Cherry Audio $29 version?

simmo75 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:56 pm Honestly, what makes the Softube version better than the Cherry Audio $29 version?
There are already some posts comparing them earlier in this thread. In a nutshell, Cherry’s version is great value for the price, but Softube’s is a much more convincing emulation.
I hate signatures too.

Return to “Instruments”