DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

1378919320102020 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:56 am Push 1 + Bitwig Studio 2 = still old controller script 2.00... ?

Obliged to upgrade Bitwig ? :s
Older scripts are still available on my website.

oakenhurst wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:29 am Thanks to Moss for making these great extensions! I've just started using my Novation Launchpad Mini Mk3 with Bitwig, but there's a clear delay when launching clips in the session mode. All 'launch quantize' settings are off, and I can launch the same clips with zero audible delay from the keys of my Keystep. The Launchpad triggers MIDI instruments in Bitwig with zero delay, and also launches clips with no delay in Ableton Live 10. I've followed the setup instructions closely, and I've updated the firmware for the Launchpad to the latest version. I'm running Bitwig 3.3.1 on MacOS with a reasonably fast 2015 Macbook Pro.

Is this a known issue, or am I missing something obvious?
No, this is not a known issue. And I sadly also do have no idea what could cause this.

moss wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 am
I am trying to get one for quite some time now but no luck so far.
I hope you have luck soon, I am having a lot of fun with mine, and it is said there is a big firmware update coming to it.

It really makes me wish BWS would have its own standalone.

moss wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:28 am
pc999 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:18 pm
moss wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:46 am
proteus-ix wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:40 pm Any plans / ETA on a script for MPC One? I would also love one for the Maschine Jam, but I see you already ruled that out.
Akai is pretty married to Ableton but I can check if something is possible. Yes, Maschine Jam is dead as confirmed by NI.
Any chance of a script for Akai Force?
I am trying to get one for quite some time now but no luck so far.
I was thinking about something. Why not make a kitty for controller you want ? I know you don't want to get paid for all your incredible work, but i am shure many people would be able to help you get controllers (and akai force to) to work on.If you do that i would be more than happy to participate even if you don't dev on a particular controller . That would be the least for all your incredible work !

Yesss my dude, I'm finally starting to get my head around things......so good, thank you :D

I do have one question though... it it possible that there is a hidden setting somewhere to to change the behaviour of clip selection to mimic Ableton. I seem to remember that changing track would automatically select the running clip from that track. It took me so long to figure out select + pad in session mode to select clips. I was getting tripped out by weird sequences from other devices. haha.

Anyway, thankyou!

How cool is the raindrop sequencer! *dance*

I have a Yamaha dm1000 mixer which implements Mackie HUI protocol. It has 16 faders and maps these across two midi ports. The first midi port addresses 1-8 and the second port 9-16.

Using the Mackie HUI controller in Bitwig connected to the first midi port, all the functions work for the first 8 channels (faders pans, meters, display etc.) and the non-channel related functions like function buttons and time display are working.

If I add a second HUI controller in Bitwig connected to the second midi port, the controls/meters/displays on the yamaha for channels 9-16 mirror those for channels 1-8.

Would it be possible to implement a 16 channel version of the HUI that connects to two midi ports, like the MCU+extender versions?

There are a bunch of other Yamaha mixers that implement HUI. Yamaha 01v and 01v96 both implement the same 16 channel HUI. Yamaha 02R, 02R96 and DM2000 implement a 24 channel version over 3 midi ports.

Josephhh wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:10 pm I do have one question though... it it possible that there is a hidden setting somewhere to to change the behaviour of clip selection to mimic Ableton. I seem to remember that changing track would automatically select the running clip from that track. It took me so long to figure out select + pad in session mode to select clips. I was getting tripped out by weird sequences from other devices. haha.
Yes, clip selection is still an open issue. I tried to implement it that way but it some weird side effects.

widdly wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:49 am I have a Yamaha dm1000 mixer which implements Mackie HUI protocol. It has 16 faders and maps these across two midi ports. The first midi port addresses 1-8 and the second port 9-16.

Using the Mackie HUI controller in Bitwig connected to the first midi port, all the functions work for the first 8 channels (faders pans, meters, display etc.) and the non-channel related functions like function buttons and time display are working.

If I add a second HUI controller in Bitwig connected to the second midi port, the controls/meters/displays on the yamaha for channels 9-16 mirror those for channels 1-8.

Would it be possible to implement a 16 channel version of the HUI that connects to two midi ports, like the MCU+extender versions?

There are a bunch of other Yamaha mixers that implement HUI. Yamaha 01v and 01v96 both implement the same 16 channel HUI. Yamaha 02R, 02R96 and DM2000 implement a 24 channel version over 3 midi ports.
Thanks for the info. This is really news for me that there are controllers which use multiple HUI devices. HUI was never designed for that.
Also quite suprising that companies still release such old stuff, even MCU is totally outdated but HUI, hmm.
I can put it on the wishlist but to be honest I am not to keen to look into it...

Hi,

I am using Novation 49SL MKiii.

I'm having a little trouble with the Automation Write mode, which can be selected from Bitwig's PLAY MENU, because the TOUCH MODE does not work.

Even if I select TOUCH MODE, it works as WRITE MODE.
Is this a specification or a bug or something?
If anyone knows how to change the mode, I'd be glad to know.

By the way, this is also the case with My APC40 (MK1).
And with PUSH 2, I can select TOUCH MODE normally.

Thanks,

tmmk wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:19 pm Hi,

I'm having a little trouble with the Automation Write mode, which can be selected from Bitwig's PLAY MENU, because the TOUCH MODE does not work.

Thanks,
Neither the APC40 nor the SL MkIII have knobs which send touch events, therefore touch mode is not available on these devices.

moss wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:46 am
tmmk wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:19 pm Hi,

Thanks,
Neither the APC40 nor the SL MkIII have knobs which send touch events, therefore touch mode is not available on these devices.
I Understood that caused by HW specification.
Thank you so much. :)

Best Regards,

Hi Moss,

I have some question about the Novation SL Mk III documentation on github.

https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... SLMkIII.md

There is a comment in the Workflow section as follows.
"Change the scale and root note in the document settings."

How specifically can I change the scale and root note in "IN CONTROL" mode of SL MKiii?
Also, what do you mean by "document settings" here?

Thanks,

tmmk wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:29 pm There is a comment in the Workflow section as follows.
"Change the scale and root note in the document settings."

How specifically can I change the scale and root note in "IN CONTROL" mode of SL MKiii?
Also, what do you mean by "document settings" here?
The options are only in the document settings and not on the device.
To see the document settings open the right hand pane, which contains also the browser and select the pane "Studio I/O" on the bottom.
Click the little arrow before the script name to reveal the document settings. These settings are stored with every project individually.

moss wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:20 am Also quite suprising that companies still release such old stuff, even MCU is totally outdated but HUI, hmm.
I can put it on the wishlist but to be honest I am not to keen to look into it...
These are mixers from around 2005 so they are quite old too. I will take a look at your code and see if it is something I could do myself.

widdly wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:52 pm
moss wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:20 am Also quite suprising that companies still release such old stuff, even MCU is totally outdated but HUI, hmm.
These are mixers from around 2005 so they are quite old too. I will take a look at your code and see if it is something I could do myself.
I already had a go at it yesterday. The code is checked in if you want to test it. There are now extensions showing up for 1, 2 or 3 HUI devices. I tested it with my iCON and Novation SL MkIII, which have only a limited subset of HUI, so fingers crossed.

Return to “Controller Scripting”