Ensoniq DP/Pro with digital I/O

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This brings up memories... I'd love to see Ensoniq come back to the market. One of my first synths was an SQ1 workstation, and it was an absolutely amazing machine. I have played many many synths since, but the keyboard action for fast leads on the SQ1 is still unmatched.
Eion Flow: Lush, cinematic electronica from the urban galaxy that is Tokyo, Japan. More on eionflow.com | Facebook | Soundcloud

I heard someone was using the Ensoniq DP2 as a compressor to process the audio from his MPC 2000, to get that ensoniq crunchy grain.
But everytime I'm reading a review, people are just saying that is a fabolous reverb and phaser.
Do you guys recommend it as a compressor ?

Hello..! I had 2 of these, and sold the one with no Digital I/O... it's a fantastic processor, I use it to auto-generate sonic landscapes (the patchability and modulation capabilities are fantastic).

Anyway I have my last DP/Pro up for sale, it includes the Digital I/O option and works perfectly..

jones-y wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:52 pm Owning an ASR 10 (same effects chip as DP-4 - the DP-2 was a slightly updated 2 channel version of the DP-4) and having owned an ASR X (same effects chip as DP Pro), I can testify to the excellence of Ensoniq's modulation based effects (chorus, flanger, and phaser). Due to the fact that Ensoniq was first and foremost a synth/sampler company, their effects units definitely fall on the creative side in comparison to other mid range effects units of the era. Unfortunately, they also fall into the hard to program side of camp too...

Excellent effects units, even today! I actually happen to like their AD/DA stages, but then again I'm an old sampler aficionado, so take that with a grain of salt...
Agreed. I've got an ASR 10 Rack and it is a beast. Excellent sound and FX. Paid something like $2k for it new way back in the day. Really no way to work it into my current DAW rig, but every once in a while I'll run my guitar through it and just play. The DP4 was, IIRC, something like 4 ASR FX units in sequence.

There were also some great 3rd party FX configurations available for the ASR as well, and I have a few of those.

Ensoniq was one of those companies that took a very expensive technology and put it at a price point that was way more affordable. If memory serves, the founders broke off from Compaq and leveraged that experience. I really miss their stuff. I also had an ESQ 1 and a Mirage. Crazy tech at the time.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

zmix wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm Hello..! I had 2 of these, and sold the one with no Digital I/O... it's a fantastic processor, I use it to auto-generate sonic landscapes (the patchability and modulation capabilities are fantastic).

Anyway I have my last DP/Pro up for sale, it includes the Digital I/O option and works perfectly..
Hi Zmix,
Do you still have your DP/Pro available? I sold mine a few years ago and really regret it.
Let me know ;)

zmix wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:34 pm Hello..! I had 2 of these, and sold the one with no Digital I/O... it's a fantastic processor, I use it to auto-generate sonic landscapes (the patchability and modulation capabilities are fantastic).

Hi do you still have your DP pro? It would be nice to clone the Digital IO board. Do you have some detailed pictures of the board (2 sides)?
Thanks

I love my DP/Pro large room reverbs. Especially on 90s Kurzweil (K2600) organ patches.

The customization options make the DP/Pro a great complement to the K2600 VAST, but each takes commitment and time to pay off.

dyrec wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:54 am Hi do you still have your DP pro? It would be nice to clone the Digital IO board. Do you have some detailed pictures of the board (2 sides)?
Thanks
dyrec, please PM me. I can help you with the DP/Pro digital IO project.

If someone is cloning the Digital I/O board for the DP-Pro, I would ABSOLUTELY like to get one of these boards. Happy to help finance this project. I'd LOVE to get digital I/O going on my DP Pro (especially becasue I HAD one at one point. Why oh why did I send it back to Ensoniq ;-).

At MatthewKVR and Dyrec - I've attempted to PM both of you about this project but haven't been sucessful. Please do try to PM me if you are engaged in making clone Digita I/O boards for the DP-Pro. I'd be HAPPY to buy a few from you.

Hi @MatthewKVR and @vanceg1. I'm late on this one, I'll send you PMs asap. Have a nice end of the year ;)

Would be well up for this. Don’t suppose anyone knows about a battery issue with the pro? I replace it and it drains again within a day. I’ve found the same issue reported on another forum years back. Was hoping there’s an easy fix.

Hi guys, you probably are the only ones on earth having a DP Pro like me.
I noticed that when I send midi clock to my DP Pro from Cubase, with the DP Pro "Tempo source" set to "MIDI Clock", the timing is messed up (like really fast) so the midi clock sync is useless on this FX.
It's another bug I experienced amongst the 1000 other.

I have the OS version 1.10 (latest one)

Do you have the same issue?

let me know, thanks
Damien

Hi I was wondering if anyone was interested in selling a DP Pro. lmk!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”