Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Fantastic update full of new candies in there. Additive Synthesis is giving a new tentacle to this already powerful sonic monster.

That new utility oscillator is pretty cool too, for adding textures and strange noises in there in a matter of a few clicks.

And more importantly... Free!! Well done Arturia :clap:

Initial thoughts - additive synthesis module sounds really clear and high quality to me

Spectrum sound packs - the JP8000 Supersaw patches sound really really good to me - some of best I've heard. I was surprised to see used VA oscillators that some on criticise

aMUSEd wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:32 pm If it encourages you to make more Pigments soundsets then it's got to be OK :)
Pigments is truly a joy to work with, and I am actually making a new collection of sounds for it so I'm really looking forward adding the new v3 features in it. I'm especially looking forward to checking out the new compressor. I'm not a big fan of the old compressor, it feels like the old Omnisphere compressors - great for small peaks and stuff - but breaks up immediately when you start pushing it.

Arturia is becoming more and more one of my favourite developers :tu:
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

muki wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:52 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:41 pm Has anyone else been getting "flashes" of the GUI ? Every once in a while the gui will "flash"
not yet,
but i had those "flashes" with v1 quite often
not so with v2 - not in logic, hostingAU didn't work at all concerning gfx
Yes, I am getting such flashes occasionally.

There is GUI problem with Massive X which is much more worse though (it is related to Intel on-board graphics).

Just realised that I have registered the free REV PLATE-140 at some point, and now when looking at my account, I can get Pigment 3 for only 69 euro's. That's crazy cheap for a 199 euro synth :o

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:41 pm
Most of the people who complain about anything "not sounding like the original" have never owned, played, or even been in the same room as the original. :hihi:

Anyway if you own DUNE 3 or Vital you can use the wave forms made in them as Wavetables in Pigments.
Yeah I’ve owned a Memorymoog since 1985. It’s an amazing piece of gear, but I think people put too much emphasis on an individual synths sound alone outside of a song or mix. Even with the MM you end up applying EQ etc. to it in a mix, to carve out its place etc. Pretty much the same reasons that people complain about Arturia or soft synths in general are the reasons why they get used by me. A full spectrum muddy, fat or saturated sound takes up all the room in a mix..

Somehow I managed to not know that Pigments Wavetable allowed for importing, that’s fantastic!

pretty sweet update... not to mention this is the second version update for free. keep up the good work arturia and thanks :party:
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

It would be cool to have the ability to change the phase of the oscillators in VA section.
A similar relationship of phases between two SAW waves can sound harsh. 90 degree offset would give a more smoother sound.

(In WT section I managed to achieve this with a third party wavetables)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:26 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:41 pm Has anyone else been getting "flashes" of the GUI ? Every once in a while the gui will "flash"
not yet,
There is GUI problem with Massive X which is much more worse though (it is related to Intel on-board graphics).
I think it might be the fact that when my mouse cursor goes to the Master Volume knob it brushes by the light bulb icon that shows preset "Tips". Even when the light bulb icon is not lit up it does the same thing.

That causes the gui to flash as it then shows the preset tips which I've tried to completely turn off with no success. Since my eyes are on the cursor all they see is the flash.

That might be it but I'll keep an eye out to see if that is indeed what's happening.

Is there no way to adjust individual Partials in the Additive engine? I've not found any way to adjust the partials but maybe I'm missing it. Maybe I'll have to break down and RTFM, something I am usually loath to do....

Pigments is a whole lot of fun to patch...... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You can edit parts of the spectrum using harmonic module filters, but not individual harmonics.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:01 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:26 pm
not yet,
I think it might be the fact that when my mouse cursor goes to the Master Volume knob it brushes by the light bulb icon that shows preset "Tips". Even when the light bulb icon is not lit up it does the same thing.

That causes the gui to flash as it then shows the preset tips which I've tried to completely turn off with no success. Since my eyes are on the cursor all they see is the flash.

That might be it but I'll keep an eye out to see if that is indeed what's happening.
EXACTLY. It looks to me like is a "minor GUI sensitivity" bug rather than a big problem and something that can probably be fixed if we let Arturia know about this. I will try after getting my current reports addressed. :tu:

Any info on how long the intro/crossgrade pricing will be valid? Still on the fence, but, I need a couple more days to decide.

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:51 pm Any info on how long the intro/crossgrade pricing will be valid? Still on the fence, but, I need a couple more days to decide.
Pigments is a no brainer IMO, especially for sub $99.
The GUI is so well designed, it’s easily one of the more usable complex synths out there.

It’s in my top five for sure. The granular engine can be a pig, but i haven’t seen one that wasn’t.

I think you convinced me... :D

I'm so weak...

No, really, the synth is a lot of fun. Arturia have a real winner here. So fun to program. The sequencer is top dollar as well.

Didn't buy a synth for quite a while now anyway. Guess I'll sleep a final night over it, and "bite the bullet" tomorrow. ;)

BTW, the synth got maximum points on every single German review I found so far.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:51 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:31 pm I was having trouble running the software yesterday. I'm guessing their site was under some strain. It wouldn't connect via the software and the new license wasn't listed in my account if I logged directly into the website. I'll just keep trying.
but the license for Pigments is listed in your account? just download that, it will be Pigments 3, they haven't given you a new license for Pigments 3 they've just updated your old license. You can't get Pigments 2 anymore.
Adc worked fine today. So all good. I don't like that they are replacing the old versions (generally speaking of rather have old versions for full backwards compatibility). This thing is pretty neat. I really like how the effects can be routed now.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Instruments”