Arturia Pigments 3 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pigments 5

Neon Breath wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:58 pm Fantastic update full of new candies in there. Additive Synthesis is giving a new tentacle to this already powerful sonic monster.

That new utility oscillator is pretty cool too, for adding textures and strange noises in there in a matter of a few clicks.

And more importantly... Free!! Well done Arturia :clap:
What do you mean FREE?
I own Pigmends.
I can get the version 3 for Free???

classic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:25 pm
Neon Breath wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:58 pm Fantastic update full of new candies in there. Additive Synthesis is giving a new tentacle to this already powerful sonic monster.

That new utility oscillator is pretty cool too, for adding textures and strange noises in there in a matter of a few clicks.

What do you mean FREE?
I own Pigmends.
yes, free upgrade for pigments owners. You can pay 19 $/€ for the extra preset pack too if you want, but the upgrade to v3 is free and does itself come with a number of new ‘v3’ presets.
Just login to ASC (Arturia Software Center) and the update should be available in there.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

The free preset package is also interesting. 500 additional presets sorted by category. Some very interesting pads/textures that almost reminds me a bit to Omnisphere. However, some of them are quite heavy on the CPU, probably 8x Unison and long release times as well...

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:29 pm
classic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:25 pm

What do you mean FREE?
I own Pigmends.
yes, free upgrade for pigments owners. You can pay 19 $/€ for the extra preset pack too if you want, but the upgrade to v3 is free and does itself come with a number of new ‘v3’ presets.
Just login to ASC (Arturia Software Center) and the update should be available in there.
Is it free for Pigments 1 owners as well?

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 pm
The Pigments 1 > 2 upgrade in 12/2019 was free, so I don't see why not?

https://www.engadget.com/arturia-pigmen ... 04649.html
It was great when it was originally announced in 2018. And the free, massive upgrade to Pigments 2 in December of 2019
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Nice. :)

macmuse wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:01 pm About the Spectrum sound sets—this is a separate purchase? If so, I don't see anywhere you can listen to the audio/presets for it to see if you even want it, if it's just a preset bank? Then I read where some people are saying it is supposed to be included with 3.0?
Go to Arturia website, first page. Go to latest sound banks. It's the first 5 soundbanks, with a music/audio demo each.

small showcase; additve, granular, wavetable, analog. 3 x Pigments 3, with some post-processing: Softube Tape....

presets from scratch, including the home brewed samples.

https://soundcloud.com/user-873737123/t ... t-and-past

chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:07 pm I think you convinced me... :D

I'm so weak...

No, really, the synth is a lot of fun. Arturia have a real winner here. So fun to program. The sequencer is top dollar as well.

Didn't buy a synth for quite a while now anyway. Guess I'll sleep a final night over it, and "bite the bullet" tomorrow. ;)

BTW, the synth got maximum points on every single German review I found so far.
The only weak point was maybe some low end power, and they just added a sub oscillator. The analog section sounds more like a VA to me but trying to emulate analog isn’t what it’s for IMO, leave that to Diva.

Beyond that they get most things right, for what I do with it, it’s like Falcon, minus some Kontakt like features.

machinesworking wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:09 pm

I'm so weak...

No, really, the synth is a lot of fun. Arturia have a real winner here. So fun to program. The sequencer is top dollar as well.

Didn't buy a synth for quite a while now anyway. Guess I'll sleep a final night over it, and "bite the bullet" tomorrow. ;)

The only weak point was maybe some low end power, and they just added a sub oscillator. The analog section sounds more like a VA to me but trying to emulate analog isn’t what it’s for IMO, leave that to Diva.

Beyond that they get most things right, for what I do with it, it’s like Falcon, minus some Kontakt like features.
low end power, yes sometimes too low, but therefore the multi-band compressor. easy to tweak, to get the sound you want.

I'm so weak...

just curious what are you listening for or looking at when you determine Pigments is not as good at emulating analog compared to Diva?
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

zzz00m wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:51 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 pm
The Pigments 1 > 2 upgrade in 12/2019 was free, so I don't see why not?

https://www.engadget.com/arturia-pigmen ... 04649.html
It was great when it was originally announced in 2018. And the free, massive upgrade to Pigments 2 in December of 2019
yup.. this!! ^^ upgrade is free. it has been free since i bought it years ago at intro price. keep up the great stuff arturia. i feel i should buy the new pig3 preset pack to compensate them.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Just pulled the trigger on Pigments after mulling it over for months. €49, bargain! First impressions are that it’s way more usable in pop and electronic genres than marketing implies. I was concerned that it’s more geared towards sound designers, who I’m sure would also love it. Really impressed so far.

telecode wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:47 pm

I'm so weak...

just curious what are you listening for or looking at when you determine Pigments is not as good at emulating analog compared to Diva?
Raw oscillator sound, the filters are pretty good, but Diva has a big initial osc sound like the analogs I own. That’s the main difference to me, it’s just easier to dial in Moog / Oberheim type sounds with Diva. Like I mentioned already though, that’s an overplayed feature, mixing in real analog is IMO more work than soft synths. I don’t think I’ve done more than a half dozen songs with only analog, and those are sparse Kraftwerk level arrangements.

The concept that any synth is geared to a certain "genre" is marketing fluff. A synth is a synth. It's what you do with it that matters.

Marketing often sells genre specific presets. That sells synths. But that doesn't mean a synth is limited to them.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”