Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ou_Tis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:52 pm
lpr wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:16 pm What you dudes waiting for to go on sale? For me it’s Obsession and Quanta.
Plugin Boutique sent out an "exclusive coupon" for 40% off all Audiodamage (including Quanta) today. Not sure if the code is only for the recipient or shareable though.
Well let's see, shall we? The code I got is: 5isaf8n7

I have a hunch that the codes are probably all the same, but if not, I've got no plans to use mine.

Uncle E wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:34 pm
10bd01 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:18 pm Yeah, if I were to sell I'd not want to waste the time responding to all of those messages. But maybe they don't? Maybe they just take the highest offer and ignore everyone else? It's super weird, I don't really get it either. Also, what's "reasonable"? mladi seemed to be being sarcastic earlier about a user making a "generous" offer of $15 for a $200 plug as if that's somehow unreasonable and laughable. I bought the PA Focusrite for $10.71 as advertised by a user here on KVR. That's a $349 dollar plugin list price, and I have many more examples of similar situations - so if you think getting a $15 offer for a $200 plugin here on KVR is unreasonable you may want to get your head checked (again, depending on the plugin).
Now that you mention it, I've gotten a $349 plugin for $15 here. Of course, we all know it was really just a $15 plugin to begin with. ;)
I've talked about real value plugins not what you can get for a few bucks like the PA Focusrite.. ..list price $349.. LOL.. anyway you guyz should don't care about other people business that much you do. It's a free world anyway. How it comes you people think you can decide what's right here or wrong? I will from now on sell without an asking price just for the fun of it. :hihi:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

cthonophonic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:21 pm
lpr wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:16 pm What you dudes waiting for to go on sale? For me it’s Obsession and Quanta.
Plugin Boutique sent out an "exclusive coupon" for 40% off all Audiodamage (including Quanta) today. Not sure if the code is only for the recipient or shareable though.
Well let's see, shall we? The code I got is: 5isaf8n7

I have a hunch that the codes are probably all the same, but if not, I've got no plans to use mine.
Seems it's the same code for everyone then, since mine's the same.

mladi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 pm I've talked about real value plugins not what you can get for a few bucks like the PA Focusrite.. ..list price $349.. LOL.. anyway you guyz should don't care about other people business that much you do. It's a free world anyway. How it comes you people think you can decide what's right here or wrong? I will from now on sell without an asking price just for the fun of it. :hihi:
Yes, I agree. I wasn't criticizing you or even commenting on your post. People are doing a great job of keeping their fs/wtb posts within their own threads, anyway, so it's easy to avoid if you don't like the way someone is doing it.

Quite frankly, the people not posting prices are just creating more work for themselves. They're hurting themselves more than anyone else.

mladi wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:27 pm I've talked about real value plugins not what you can get for a few bucks like the PA Focusrite.. ..list price $349.. LOL.. anyway you guyz should don't care about other people business that much you do. It's a free world anyway. How it comes you people think you can decide what's right here or wrong? I will from now on sell without an asking price just for the fun of it. :hihi:
I don't think either one of us were deciding what's right or wrong - we we're expressing what we do and don't like and also considering why people may do something we don't really understand. Do whatever you want - have fun selling without an asking price just to spite people(?), but if you think it's a "free world" then you really "should do" be looking into getting that head checked.

cthonophonic wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:21 pm
If
Well let's see, shall we? The codes I got is: 5isaf8n7

Thank you bro I got it!!!!

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm Frankly, I hate that too, though. People should state some prices, not wait for 20 price offers, and then pick the guy who offered the most. Not really classy.

If you want to sell your stuff, name a price. It isn't difficult.
Case in point - I just purchased a plugin, got a message back to send the Paypal fee as well. I added 5% - I've tried calculators online in the past and they're always wrong so I always send 5% now - and...he sends the difference back with the response email (which to his credit DID have the transfer information). I sent the difference but he was likely slightly shorted what he expected as there was likely a fee on the difference, but I already told him I'm not sending any more.

Am I supposed to have a crystal ball that tells me exactly what his Paypal fee is? Wtf. I feel like maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to start a thread outing the people who are doing this so those of us that don't want to deal with this can avoid them, but if it doesn't get stickied I don't think it would matter very much, though maybe if it was consistently updated(?). This individual didn't state that paypal fees were being asked on the product I purchased, only on iLok products which mine was not - some don't post that at all but bait you into buying and then pop the fee on you after you message them, which IMO is total b.s.

Anyone have a $25 PA voucher I could use? Can trade a $50 for it

10bd01 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:27 pm Frankly, I hate that too, though. People should state some prices, not wait for 20 price offers, and then pick the guy who offered the most. Not really classy.

Case in point - I just purchased a plugin, got a message back to send the Paypal fee as well. I added 5% - I've tried calculators online in the past and they're always wrong so I always send 5% now - and...he sends the difference back with the response email (which to his credit DID have the transfer information). I sent the difference but he was likely slightly shorted what he expected as there was likely a fee on the difference, but I already told him I'm not sending any more.

Am I supposed to have a crystal ball that tells me exactly what his Paypal fee is? Wtf. I feel like maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to start a thread outing the people who are doing this so those of us that don't want to deal with this can avoid them, but if it doesn't get stickied I don't think it would matter very much, though maybe if it was consistently updated(?). This individual didn't state that paypal fees were being asked on the product I purchased, only on iLok products which mine was not - some don't post that at all but bait you into buying and then pop the fee on you after you message them, which IMO is total b.s.
I always just set the price and absorb the PayPal fee myself. As you say, too hard to guestimate it.

fairlyclose wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:34 am I always just set the price and absorb the PayPal fee myself. As you say, too hard to guestimate it.
I thought that was how it should be done around here, it was stated sometime sellers shouldn't ask for the fees, their choice to use PP, their fees, price accordingly.

10bd01 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 am

You should def give them bad feedback. I wouldn't deal with someone like that 100% and I'd expect no one else would want to either on here.

If I was to give an opinion.... :tu:
Prices here should Inc all fees.or be v clear...
Here n there time wasters and tight ..s hols..
..add pp fee.blahblah..wtf...
What a joke ...send my yr best offer too...
Its like being in a sandpit with a 2y old...
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

There's a feedback thread for exactly these reports you know? 😉

I usually add a bit for fees as a buyer. I've never had a complaint, but lately I tend to let the seller know in advance how much I propose to send via Paypal, so they have a chance to object.

andi75 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:06 am What is the code for the Plugin Alliance sale? I don't have a mail yet...
This. And now it's over already?! So pissed to have missed it because of this! :x

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”