THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for?

Official support for: bitwig.com

Select THREE features you'd pay upgrade price for!

On-line collaboration
1%
Step recording
4%
Mixed track heights
2%
Resizeable mixer faders
2%
Proper feedback routing (tracks, sends, Grid)
2%
Alias / Linked Clips
3%
Automation clips
6%
Scene follow-actions
1%
Audio & MIDI Comping
10%
Retrospective recording
7%
Native pitch correction (ala Melodyne)
2%
Video track / playback
3%
Grid containers
5%
MIDI Grid
12%
UI builder (knobs, faders, buttons, X/Y as remote pages)
4%
FL-like piano-roll features
13%
Scoring / notation support
1%
Data zoom / logarythmic waveform view
1%
Apple Silicon native support
3%
Audio to MIDI
3%
ARA support
6%
MSEG
9%

Total votes: 578

RELATED
PRODUCTS

A non-Java non-patterny API. I'd pay £500 for that right now.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

I would be lovely to be able to lock the piano roll to a scale / scales . Main scale .green midi notes. secondary yellow for example..
...in short . Some sort of scale/chord Ai assistant..... :clap: thx.. :love:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Grid containers would really clean up organisation. Grid in grid or so. :o

'FL-like piano-roll features' - I just bought FL Studio, I get it now! ;-)
( also add 'Edison like audio editing'!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

For me it is (probably never gonna happen) 😅 :
More flexible routing (for 3D audio/Ambisonics etc. )
Lv2-support
Video-playback

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:26 am 'FL-like piano-roll features' - I just bought FL Studio, I get it now! ;-)
Damn you, man! You'll mention it one more time & I'm getting the demo again ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I would right away pay an upgrade fee for the feedback routing alone.

antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:10 am
SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:26 am 'FL-like piano-roll features' - I just bought FL Studio, I get it now! ;-)
Damn you, man! You'll mention it one more time & I'm getting the demo again ;)
Yeh, I must have demoed half a dozen times before I ‘got it’ and took the plunge. :wink: it is one of the best demos in the business, you can even save (just not reopen), so you can give it a good go whilst waiting for Bitwig 4 to drop.

I think it’s the not being able to sell it thing that always put me off just buying it to tinker around, but that is somewhat offset by the frequent updates and all updates being free. Did you know it works as a plug in?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I chose online collaboration, Audio and MIDI comping, and Video Track/playback.
I believe MIDI grid, Apple Silicon Support and resizable faders are a given.

What isn't on here I would like to see is Bitwig as a VSTi.

SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:46 pmYeh, I must have demoed half a dozen times before I ‘got it’ and took the plunge. :wink: it is one of the best demos in the business, you can even save (just not reopen), so you can give it a good go whilst waiting for Bitwig 4 to drop.
Demoed it again today. Still not for me - I don't like the GUI and menu-diving. And trying to keep things organised and orderly would drive me crazy. Maybe v21 will improve things, but I doubt it. There's way too much legacy stuff they have to drag behind for compatibility ...and current users.
SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:46 pmDid you know it works as a plug in?
Yes, but that doesn't have any value to me.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:46 pmDid you know it works as a plug in?
Yes, but that doesn't have any value to me.
Yeh, it can seem that way...so many “things’ and ways to work! I guess that’s what happens when you keep adding stuff people ask for for 21 years and somewhat apt for this thread!

I bought the all plug in version and figured even if I just used FL as a drum machine and instrument and fx rack in my other DAWs it was good value...a bit like reason rack! Anyway, here is a video of someone doing just that in Bitwig to stay on topic a bit!

https://youtu.be/Tdlx7HAV9Bo

+1 Groove Pool.

The issue with adding in video is that it's fundamentally not what Bitwig was ever directed towards. Once you build in video, it starts pulling the app toward needing configurable multichannel implemented at the track level, which in turn affects the plugin API and monitoring, etc., ad nauseam. You also need cue points in addition to markers, and some ability to reset the beat clock as well as meter on those cues, otherwise your grid will quickly become useless. Over the years it leads you to a huge effort, while the app still needs basic features to cover its core audience optimally. Then you have Jack of all trades, master of none. It would become a huge piece of software like Cubase. If someone wants to do video, they should try Cubase - its feature set is great for that purpose - or another DAW.

amg56 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:15 am +1 Groove Pool.

The issue with adding in video is that it's fundamentally not what Bitwig was ever directed towards. Once you build in video, it starts pulling the app toward needing configurable multichannel implemented at the track level, which in turn affects the plugin API and monitoring, etc., ad nauseam. You also need cue points in addition to markers, and some ability to reset the beat clock as well as meter on those cues, otherwise your grid will quickly become useless. Over the years it leads you to a huge effort, while the app still needs basic features to cover its core audience optimally. Then you have Jack of all trades, master of none. It would become a huge piece of software like Cubase. If someone wants to do video, they should try Cubase - its feature set is great for that purpose - or another DAW.
It doesn't have to be "great", just something on the lines of what Live offers.
Most of us that want that kind of feature already have a DAW like DP, Cubase or Logic that has good or great movie features. Bitwig, like Live, offers some things the others don't in terms of film scoring, more in the vein of foley and special FX work. If I want micro editing level control over film scoring I'm going to be using DP, but that isn't always what's needed.

Plus, one of Lives IMO big advantages is the integration of Jitter. You could literally run an entire show from Live on a laptop, including video DJing on the fly. That said IMO the fundamentals of Bitwig are better, better commands and UX in general, Live always feel like carpal tunnel in the making compared. So I pretty much want my cake and to eat it too.

I'd really like to see big update to Windows touch. I'd settle for them ironing out some of the automation-drawing quirks.

I would like to see Pd integration in the Grid. A way to create Grid objects with Pd and a UI for Grid patches. It would be the equivalent of M4L, but better. The licensing of Pd would allow that! It could be made a bit like MobMuPlat which allows to create music apps for mobile devices with Pd. Instead of the ugly UI elements of MobMuPlat we would get the nice Bitwig elements...

Return to “Bitwig”