Mapping Modulation Wheel to Gain

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wanted map Modulation Wheel to Gain but connected it doesn't work properly. What could be the reason?
dg_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

How do you mean "didn't work properly"? Did anything happen at all? I can't remember exactly the routing but if the synth isn't passing through MIDI Events, it may be the messages aren't getting to the mixer strip. You could wrap the synth in a MUX that copies all Event In to Event Out, as well as to the synth's Event In (that will also show if it's got an Event Out -- if not, that's likely the cause).

When I connect Pitch Bend to Gain it's fine. It looks like the Modulation Wheel cannot be connected to the Gain.

How do you mean "didn't work properly"? Did anything happen at all? I can't remember exactly the routing but if the synth isn't passing through MIDI Events, it may be the messages aren't getting to the mixer strip. You could wrap the synth in a MUX that copies all Event In to Event Out, as well as to the synth's Event In (that will also show if it's got an Event Out -- if not, that's likely the cause).
Thank you for uour advice.

Zasdg wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:08 am When I connect Pitch Bend to Gain it's fine. It looks like the Modulation Wheel cannot be connected to the Gain.
Yes it can.

Note that if you map a controller to the gain of rack X, then rack X must be the active rack in order to receive the MIDI input.

There's also Project->MIDI Input Channel Targets, which allows you to target a channel to a specific module in the project.
http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mul ... -menu.html for more info.

Return to “MUTOOLS”