Unfiltered Audio Lion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still had the VST2 version of 1.1.1 on my machine and that works fine. Also, BYOME v1.1.3 and TRIAD v1.1.3 work fine.

Anyone else noticing pitch bend not working in v1.3.0 ? What I am seeing is for some patches the bend will not work while a note is held down. Only when I retrigger a note while still holding bend, will it seem to affect the pitch.
Last edited by zippo99 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

zippo99 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 pm Anyone else noticing pitch bend not working in v1.1.3 ?
v1.1.3 is quite old, isn't it?
the new version is v1.3.0 and here pichbend is working flawlessly
(mac, mojave, logic)

stefangx wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:27 am I just downloaded and installed Lion 1.3.0 on Windows 10 from the Plugin Alliance downloader and now I can no longer modulate anything.

I see the line when holding down the mouse but it does not connect to the modulation ports. If I open one of my presets I see the connections and everything is being modulated properly, but the modulation disappears once I try to edit them.

I tried in Bitwig and Studio One.

Anyone else having this issue?
You know, that reminds me of an issue I had with Falcon a while ago. Support and I could not figure it out, until I realized that it was happening when the UI was straddling two monitors. When I shrunk the UI the problem stopped.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zippo99 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 pm Anyone else noticing pitch bend not working in v1.3.0 ? What I am seeing is for some patches the bend will not work while a note is held down. Only when I retrigger a note while still holding bend, will it seem to affect the pitch.
Lol... For anyone else having pitch bend issues in Ableton, be sure to disable MPE mode for the plugin in Ableton unless you are using an actual MPE enabled controller. Otherwise pitch bend wont work properly. Seems that since this plugin supports MPE it is enabled in Ableton by default.

thelizard wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:44 pm Thanks for the heads up. I'm not able to reproduce it on my Windows computer with an NVIDIA card, but I have some ideas as to what can cause this.

stefangx, I'm also using a 3440x1440 monitor. When you switch to 100% desktop scaling, did you close Ableton and reopen it?
Michael, I had the same problem as the other folks here. I had to adjust the display settings from 125% to 100% in Windows. At that point, the latch locations were properly aligned in Lion’s GUI. This wasn’t an issue in the earlier version; it is only an issue with 1.3. I'm using a custom laptop with Windows 10, Reaper, a Nvidia 1060Ti graphics card and a Core i5 from 2017.

P.S. I really like Lion. I’ve only had it for a little over a week and a half and it makes such neat patches. You and your team did a really great job with it.

The envelopes are definitely ”broken”. There’s always a little attack slope, even when you have attack set to 0.002 (min value), it sounds like there’s 30ms or so attack dialed in always. I first thought that the filters were just slow to respond, but I tested them with FL Studio's Envelope Controller plugin and they sound as snappy as any synth out there. The envelope attack value is also noticable when modulating other parameters like the pitch for instance. Makes it impossible to make snappy kick drums (sine wave pitch drops).

On the other hand, I do appreciate that the envelope (and the synth in general) has a unique sound. Envelope controlled filter sounds become ”brassy” and bubbly because of the missing snappiness. But ultimately would love to have the option to do both, but I can always work around it using FL envelope controller if I really need to have snappy sounds from this synth.

EDIT: Noticed that I was using version 1.1, so I updated to the new 1.3 version in hopes of fixed envelopes and now I'm having the same GUI scaling issue as everyone else above. Also using windows system scaling 125%, if I turn it to 100% the plugin works great, but I can't use it since everything else is too small then. This is the only plugin that has this issue. :(

For people experiencing the Windows DPI scaling issue, try this older build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr8gttsyuii0f ... 0.zip?dl=0
It patches the oscillator reset issue, but it doesn't have the MTS-ESP feature. We're working on tracking down the DPI scaling issue, which crept in when updating from JUCE 5 to 6 (the build above is JUCE 5). I'm out of town on vacation this week, but I'll be back on my Windows computer on Monday.

thelizard wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:15 pm For people experiencing the Windows DPI scaling issue, try this older build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qr8gttsyuii0f ... 0.zip?dl=0
It patches the oscillator reset issue, but it doesn't have the MTS-ESP feature. We're working on tracking down the DPI scaling issue, which crept in when updating from JUCE 5 to 6 (the build above is JUCE 5). I'm out of town on vacation this week, but I'll be back on my Windows computer on Monday.
aha JUCE, touchscreen... sometimes LION chokes on the touchscreen... is built in touchscreen stuff, in JUCE...

o well, this version works, and i can use it on both my systems, without problems.

have a nice vacation (and i am mangling LION now, with MPE, and o well...)

thelizard wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:15 pm For people experiencing the Windows DPI scaling issue, try this older build: ...
Speaking of "different build" - is there any way one can be informed of the availability of updates for any of your plugins? The PA installation manager was supposed to have a "check for updates" function a while ago already, iirc, but seeing that there´s apparently nothing on the horizon - would it be possible for you to create a mailing list with the sole purpose of informing users on updates?

epiphaneia wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 6:55 pm
thelizard wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:15 pm For people experiencing the Windows DPI scaling issue, try this older build: ...
Speaking of "different build" - is there any way one can be informed of the availability of updates for any of your plugins? The PA installation manager was supposed to have a "check for updates" function a while ago already, iirc, but seeing that there´s apparently nothing on the horizon - would it be possible for you to create a mailing list with the sole purpose of informing users on updates?
Yes, please. I have a few PA plug-ins (including a few from Unfiltered Audio), and the "update" process has always been a pain.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

lion mods.jpg
What is the reason for the kind of "banding" I see when I modulate any of the oscillator knobs?
It makes things a bit unclear, and doesn't happen with any of the fx knobs. Just osc and filter knobs...

Edit: NVM I figured it out. It signifies that your mod source is polyphonic or monophonic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zoidkirb wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:39 am lion mods.jpg
What is the reason for the kind of "banding" I see when I modulate any of the oscillator knobs?
It makes things a bit unclear, and doesn't happen with any of the fx knobs. Just osc and filter knobs...

Edit: NVM I figured it out. It signifies that your mod source is polyphonic or monophonic.
great what it see what each voice does, also for MPE patching, when it becomes complex. always ears first, bit still.

Hi everyone, I isolated what was happening with Windows HiDPI scaling. If you're on Windows and ran into the issue where you couldn't use the modulation cables properly, please test this build and let me know if it fixes it for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fxiusg2v3h17 ... 4.zip?dl=0

(I realized that this build still says "1.3.0". I'll bump the version number before I send it to PA)

thelizard wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:59 pm Hi everyone, I isolated what was happening with Windows HiDPI scaling. If you're on Windows and ran into the issue where you couldn't use the modulation cables properly, please test this build and let me know if it fixes it for you:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0fxiusg2v3h17 ... 4.zip?dl=0

(I realized that this build still says "1.3.0". I'll bump the version number before I send it to PA)
This version works better but the mouse has to be just above the mod point for it to be detected and if I zoom the gui it breaks the ports again.

EDIT: On Reaper 6.28 WIN10. VSTi2 and VSTi3 are both affected.

Return to “Instruments”