donkeyt - Superspreader- indie rokkkk.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This was going to be my entry into this month's KVR song contest, had I been able to both read the rules, and finish it on time (intellectually challenged and also lazy - good combo :scared: ).

After arseing around with ambient, piano balladry, and the Rs and the Bs, thought it was time for some of the olde-time geetar indie rokk (proper music, like..). A bit 'busy' in the arrangement (throw enough shite in three and a half minutes and some will stick...), but think it just about works... :scared:

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... reader.mp3

dodgy! :hihi:

nice work as ever! 8)

klj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

po
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:45 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:28 pm This was going to be my entry into this month's KVR song contest, had I been able to both read the rules, and finish it on time (intellectually challenged and also lazy - good combo :scared: ).

After arseing around with ambient, piano balladry, and the Rs and the Bs, thought it was time for some of the olde-time geetar indie rokk (proper music, like..). A bit 'busy' in the arrangement (throw enough shite in three and a half minutes and some will stick...), but think it just about works... :scared:

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/don ... reader.mp3

Not able to check out your work mate.

This has happened a few times before.

I get disconnected when I try to connect to your song.

I can reconnect. And everything works. But then it cuts off. This happened before. I know it sounds mad. But I have had real difficulty listening to your music.

I won't try again, because my internet will get cut off.

It sounds f**king insane. But I just can't listen to your music on my network.

I just tried again. Got disconnected.

Ah well.
:o I assure you my administrative powers don't go as far as cutting off the internet! Weird one..

Here you go, a google drive link;

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z5nUVb ... sp=sharing

I always round them all up every year or so (depending on just how lazy I'm being) and put them on Bandcamp as free anyhow, but I'll try and remember to post Google Drive links for new ones.

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:31 pm dodgy! :hihi:
Metaphor, my dear boy. It's obviously about people who talk bollocks/spread rumours etc, not an epidemiological treatise. :hihi:

donkey tugger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:32 pm
Metaphor, my dear boy. It's obviously about people who talk bollocks/spread rumours etc, not an epidemiological treatise. :hihi:
:lol: i meant the band!
sounded like one of theirs in some parts!
was a bit of kasabian, with the more rock! bits too.

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:43 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:32 pm
:lol: i meant the band!
sounded like one of theirs in some parts!
was a bit of kasabian, with the more rock! bits too.
:lol:

If you would just use the capital letters to denote a definite article now and again..

Cool! Good rock song and performance. Well recorded and mixed.

Good work! Nice drum sound.. As always, reminds me of good, old Bob Mould back in the 80s..

#]'[;po
Last edited by codec_spurt on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

markkuja wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:13 am Cool! Good rock song and performance. Well recorded and mixed.
Cheers!

htcnext2 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:38 pm Nice drum sound..
The majority of the drums (except crash and ride from Addictive Drums) are the 'Motown Vol 6' free kit from Past To Future Samples;

https://gumroad.com/pasttofuturesamples

Lots of free/cheap gems on there if you're into your retro stuff. :love:

codec_spurt wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:45 am But sometimes it's good to just knock one out.

:o Missus..

Throwaway is a good description, 10 minutes to write, but a long time twatting about with the production. Been doing so much other stuff recently I wanted (for my waning sanity..) to see if I could still write some manner of pop song. Job done I think.. :hihi:

Been a long while since I listened to Dead Can Dance - mebbe it's time for a 4AD period!

DT, sorry I took so long to get to this, especially since I love listening to your stuff.

Anyway, right from the get go, love the bass playing. Is that a real bass? I know you play guitar but didn't know you played bass.

The song itself is so well written. I can honestly say I enjoyed every second of it. And you really mixed up the arrangement nicely. I would love to study the project file for this song. I think it would give me some insight into creating a truly interesting arrangement.

What else can I say? 5 out of 5 stars.

You really need to post more often. Or maybe not. Maybe it's because you don't crank things out like an assembly line that your stuff is so good.

There is a lesson there somewhere.

Return to “Music Cafe”