FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:35 am
Hugh Mann wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:21 am
Kom wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:58 pm I really hope they address this online only setup. if BFD3 or 4 isn't available to use offline, I will have to switch over to Superior Drummer. Really disappointing.
this is really crazy and unbelievable. And unacceptable. I bought this to use at gigs. I was very excited to get this software. But how can I use this live? there is no wifi at a gig. Maybe some random hotspot. And cell signals aren't always available in some buildings. not something you can rely on for gigs. so if I try to use this live, and I get no wifi, I cant use this??? how crazy is that! Inmusic, please rethink this very unprofessional way of thinking! I think people need to keep the pressure up too. maybe if enough people complain, they will realize this huge mistake.
Drew said they're looking into it and raised the issue. Why not give them a chance? Hint: you can stay on the FXPansion version of BFD3 until the teething issues are sorted unless you need to reinstall. No need for anyone to panic (or update right now actually).
Looking into if enough people complain, probably, lol. I have no choice but to give them a chance. I really like this software. I just bought it days ago. So I have no older version to go back to. How would I authorize the older version if all I have is an Inmusic serial and account? I'll gladly use an older version if I can. Otherwise, this is a huge deal if you wan to gig and play live with this, like I do.

It sounds like they understand. I just hope the decision makers get on board.

The Support agent I have had an email conversation with has said that the behaviour of the License manager was not as expected. Given that users were not able to work offline, He also said that it was planned to require users to log in once a month, but that many on the team were lobbying to go back to how it was with Fxpansion and this was the expected outcome. So fingers crossed.

Yeah, I'll ditch any software that has to 'phone home' other than when I'm installing updates or expansions. Not sure I see the purpose of this unless they want to sneak a subscription plan in (another thing I will never do for any product).

Asking again.... any info on the deadline for the upgrade offer from earlier BFD versions?
Thanks,
Mario

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:59 pm
pough wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:56 pm
plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:24 pm ...added to my foe list.
I'm not sure if it matters, but silhouette already retracted the sentiment and changed the original so as not to disrespect others who prefer a different workflow.
I took that into consideration. shithouette only changed their post after they were called out for being an ahole. You don't win points for that.
you do actually. we can't all be perfect from the get go, and we've all said stupid shit on occasion. as long as you own up to it and correct it, no harm done. i mean, i obviously can't tell you what to do or how to think, but this kind of attitude is just as uncalled for as was the original post.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Yo yo yo!

Okay, so anyone who needs replacement serials for BFD1, BFD2, SP1, SP2, and ZP1, please private message me. I will need your:
- FXpansion username
- Product serial number(s)
- inMusic Profile username

I'll then get back to you with serial numbers. Apologize for the rather manual way of doing this, but it's the best I've got right now!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Thx Drew! PM sent. By the way: Here, the migration worked well, and this is with a huge BFD collection. Hoping for M1/Apple Silicon compatibility somewhere down the road, would love to use the plug in in Logic again. In the meantime, patiently waiting. :-)

tq wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:41 pm Thx Drew! PM sent. By the way: Here, the migration worked well, and this is with a huge BFD collection. Hoping for M1/Apple Silicon compatibility somewhere down the road, would love to use the plug in in Logic again. In the meantime, patiently waiting. :-)
It's on the roadmap for sure. Next few months.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Hi Drew,

No apology necessary; I don't imagine this has been an easy "trek", so to speak. Thank you so much for taking care of us.

Dan
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

dlandis wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:40 pm Hi Drew,

No apology necessary; I don't imagine this has been an easy "trek", so to speak. Thank you so much for taking care of us.

Dan
Dan, I rode my Trek 25 miles yesterday and it seems way easier than this :lol:

shanabit wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:38 pm
dlandis wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:40 pm Hi Drew,

Dan
Dan, I rode my Trek 25 miles yesterday and it seems way easier than this :lol:
Mountain or Road bike, off-road or road conditions?

These details are important :D
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

New account and I can't PM Drew, so I'm just posting a couple of comments.

Hopefully this does it. I think I read that you need to post a couple times before you can PM?

Edit: Yup, that worked. PM sent. Excited to get my old BFD libraries working again.

I did the account transfer and selected a free BFD expansion kit, for which I received a license key/serial number via e-mail. However, I do not see the free expansion in my account, and don't see anywhere to add it (the "Register New Product" button asks for a hardware serial number). Has anyone else had this issue?

Return to “Instruments”