Best overall software reverb under $250?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicReverb Redline Reverb Schroeder Reverb

My favourites:

Blackhole
Sonsig Rev-A
Lustrous PLates
Cinematic Rooms
CRTIV Reverb
TSAR-1

Aparently, the best overall reverb under $250 is a complete list of almost all known software reverbs (which combined, probably costs more than $250).

Ok .... :?

Ghost Dog wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:36 am Aparently, the best overall reverb under $250 is a complete list of almost all known software reverbs (which combined, probably costs more than $250).

Well, the question is a bit like asking what's the best overall "date" one can have for under $250. Well friend, that depends on your tastes, now doesn't it?

ghettosynth wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:56 am
Ghost Dog wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:36 am Aparently, the best overall reverb under $250 is a complete list of almost all known software reverbs (which combined, probably costs more than $250).

Well, the question is a bit like asking what's the best overall "date" one can have for under $250. Well friend, that depends on your tastes, now doesn't it?
My comment was just a playful joke in a stating-the-very-obvious manner (it's not like anyone really expects a unique/undisputed answer to such a question on such a forum). :)

My quest for THE reverb kind of died down (not that I could afford all the ones I wanted) once I created a mix template with sends to three or four reverb options already in place on every track. Not I blend several reverbs, add some delays if so fits (which may go to reverbs themselves), and voila!

I wouldn't recommend using one reverb. Just like with synths, they're all flavours. A cook doesn't solely use oregano as well. ;)

Most more flexible reverbs which aren't more or less “one trick ponies“ (not that these are necessarily a bad thing either) are more akin a more or less complete palette of spices though and not just oregano.
Of course you might still prefer specific salts, chilis, curry, etc.
Last edited by FapFilter on Tue May 04, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

chk071 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:47 am I wouldn't recommend using one reverb. Just like with synths, they're all flavours. A cook doesn't solely use oregano as well. ;)
Not a good or fitting analogy at all, I think. Oregano is bound to be just oregano and nothing else. However most reverbs are very flexible and often come with a variety of different algorithms and therefor it's up to you to turn them into the spice you want/ need. I have of course a multitude of reverb plugins too, but that's basically just gearlust - but new toys can be inspiring, so it's all good...

Edit: Fapfilter beat me to it...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yes, some are more versatile than others. But, they all have their specific tone/flavour. I would feel extremely limited with just one reverb. Up to the point where I'd say that I can't make music like that.

Trust me when I say I tried that. Just like i tried to find the one synth which does it all. It simply doesn't exist. Would be nice if it did.

Since ya budget is on the higher end for reverbs, just get the Relab bundle and be done with it. It covers all the basis you would ever need from a reverb despite them being models

Besides those, UVI Plate, 2C Audio verbs and Altiverb, i haven't so much as glanced at another reverb in years
I

chk071 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:02 am Yes, some are more versatile than others. But, they all have their specific tone/flavour. I would feel extremely limited with just one reverb. Up to the point where I'd say that I can't make music like that.
You claim that yet I bet you couldn't tell most them apart if your life depended on it in a blind shootout (if someone else had tweaked them).
Trust me when I say I tried that. Just like i tried to find the one synth which does it all. It simply doesn't exist. Would be nice if it did.
I can gladly say that there is not a single tool, not a single kind of instrument I could not make music without - not in the slightest. It's all just tools, after all.
I'm sure it's all in your mind. Limits you believe in do exist - for you, that is - because you bvelieve in them.

I make fun of myself all the time because I own so much gear - so many guitars, amps, keyboards, stomp-boxes and what not - stuff that takes up a lot of space - rooms full of gear that I don't need.
I would just lie to myself if I claimed I did.
Last edited by jens on Tue May 04, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:00 pm I can gladly say that there is not a single tool, not a single kind of instrument I could not make music without - not in the slightest. It's all just tools, after all.
I'm afraid that you, once again, misunderstood what I said. I said that they're all different flavours, and that I couldn't just make music with a single reverb, or a single synth. Not that I couldn't make music with one specific reverb or synth.

I can also make music with some cardbox. Did that, at a friends home, he used to play his guitar, and I played drums on some cardboxes. Sounded like shit though. ;)

Anyway. Do what you like. I won't stop posting my opinion here, although you obviously would like to stop me to. I'll let you have your opinion as well, regardless of how unworldly I think it is.

the right reverb on your cardboard drums would have done wonders!

Yet another attempt at increasing the drama level?

Why would I want to stop you from posting? :? :o

It's pretty funny how you react to my reply - basically passive-agressively trying to shut me up, while pretending it was the other way around. :lol: You're a funny dude. :-D

vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:08 pm the right reverb on your cardboard drums would have done wonders!
Probably. :lol:
jens wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:09 pm Yet another attempt at increasing the drama level?

Why would I want to stop you from posting? :? :o

It's pretty funny how you react to my reply - basically passive-agressively trying to shut me up, while pretending it was the other way around. :lol: You're a funny dude. :-D
Oh come on. You can't possibly be thinking that 99,9% of your posts here aren't pretty aggressive. ;)

See, I don't have an issue with discussing, but, not in the way you act here and in the Humble Bundle thread. That just isn't cool. I respect you and your opinion if you respect me and mine. It has to be mutual. Otherwise... I just don't see the point.

So, yeah, cut the "funny dude" stuff, and things like that.

Return to “Effects”