2021: A Year in Gear (What You've Bought or Want to Buy in 2021)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:02 am
Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:47 am
vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:54 am none yet! 0!
nowhere has had any stock of the things!!! :x
:roll: "preempted", does not qualify as "showing restraint"... sorry. :shrug:

Whereas ghettosynth, has become borderline militant on occasion, in his resistance to temptation. :wink:
is that a posh way of saying he's a tight arse?
:lol: ... nah, I suspect he is just very 'focused' and rational, and can discern (for the most part) what will and will not prove viable or worthwhile for his needs, as well as considering the 'cost-return' investment ratio. A good place to be. 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

:hihi:

vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:15 am:hihi:
You noticed how I ever-so poshly showed restraint by not adding "for a tight arse" to the last line there, didn't you? :lol:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

indeed!
it's better than being refused service i suppose! starting to feel like my money isn't good enough for anyone :cry:

vurt wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:30 am indeed!
it's better than being refused service i suppose! starting to feel like my money isn't good enough for anyone :cry:
Well, if it's any consolation, you're certainly not alone. I've also run into "out of stock" too many times to count, throughout the past year and a half. Starting with industrial grade respirators and filters for them, which were suddenly allocated for government agencies, and first responders only.

Then electronics/computer components, and pretty-much everything I needed quickly, including food. I can't risk going out shopping for several reasons, so am dependent on my family for groceries, and my online ordering, which I ship to them, to avoid issue with deliveries to my building. Been quite a 'test' all around. :hug:

yup, im just waiting on my mum to bring my shopping :oops:
it's been a tough year realising just how vulnerable i am :o

hopefully that side of things will improve, and some sense of freedom will be regained :hug:

So far I've only bought guitar and bass strings, pots, guitar nuts and some commercial profiles for the Kemper and....nothing more. Do I need more? Mabye more guitars? We'll see. :wink:
Last edited by Daimonicon on Tue May 04, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daimonicon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:23 am ...

Is anyone doing the Oxi plunge since it's gone live? I had been considering it, but I want to see what the take is after it gets into people's hands.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:03 am
elxsound wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:32 pm 0-Coast has landed. This should help me tide things over for a bit. There are so many nice bits of their other modules in this thing. It reminds me of getting the tasters from a brewery and all 9 glasses are pretty much the size of a bottle of beer.
Cool for you! and a great analogy! :hihi:
elxsound wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:56 pm I’m gonna shop for blank plates to keep me from the jumping the gun on other modules.
[cue: deadpan voice-over] "... later that day"
elxsound wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:32 pm I ordered the TipTop Audio Fold Processor. I honestly don't know where this module will be long-term, but I got caught up on DivKid's channel, and I really like how this one performed.
so much for the highly coveted "Model of restraint, forum User of the month" award. :wink:
Hahaha... yeah, I hate empty spots and those blanks won't come for another week!

The worst part is that I don't know when MI's Blades will actually be stocked.

I am looking to get Morphagene, but my plan (for now) is another 20HP Pod. It might sound crazy because of the cost for just one, but this does much of what I like in Blooper and I'd like to keep Morphagene portable for recording into and then combining with the other devices on playback. In my head, this works well.

My only goal for the near future is to stay far, far away from a legit rack! Those empty spaces would kill me.

elxsound wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:51 pm Is anyone doing the Oxi plunge since it's gone live? I had been considering it, but I want to see what the take is after it gets into people's hands.
I had planned to, but I have enough stuff on pre-order and so I decided against. I'll wait until next year!

I am thinking about the Oxi still. I gotta catch up on it again before I decide. I too have some other stuff on pre-order that I have to pony up for around the same time apparently. Mostly though, I just need to have a look at it again and decide. :shrug:

elxsound wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:51 pm Is anyone doing the Oxi plunge since it's gone live?
me, but i've made VIP reservation several months ago and was waiting for official start of the campaign.

for amount of features per cm³ it's no-brainer.

and pads. i love pads. i typically use my Squarp Pyramid with attached Launchpad to launch things quicker. Oxi has a lot of onboard pads.

chaocrator wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:35 pm
elxsound wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:51 pm Is anyone doing the Oxi plunge since it's gone live?
me, but i've made VIP reservation several months ago and was waiting for official start of the campaign.

for amount of features per cm³ it's no-brainer.

and pads. i love pads. i typically use my Squarp Pyramid with attached Launchpad to launch things quicker. Oxi has a lot of onboard pads.
I think the VIP deal is probably the only way I would have taken the plunge this year.

This year, I do think I'll likely end up with the Korg SQ 64 and I'm hoping that drops soon. One site is showing May 11th and I'm hoping that's right.

The size of the OXI is what I love the most. It's definitely well thought out.

elxsound wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:02 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:03 am
elxsound wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:32 pm 0-Coast has landed. This should help me tide things over for a bit. There are so many nice bits of their other modules in this thing. It reminds me of getting the tasters from a brewery and all 9 glasses are pretty much the size of a bottle of beer.
Cool for you! and a great analogy! :hihi:
elxsound wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:56 pm I’m gonna shop for blank plates to keep me from the jumping the gun on other modules.
[cue: deadpan voice-over] "... later that day"
elxsound wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:32 pm I ordered the TipTop Audio Fold Processor. I honestly don't know where this module will be long-term, but I got caught up on DivKid's channel, and I really like how this one performed.
so much for the highly coveted "Model of restraint, forum User of the month" award. :wink:
Hahaha... yeah, I hate empty spots and those blanks won't come for another week!

The worst part is that I don't know when MI's Blades will actually be stocked.

I am looking to get Morphagene, but my plan (for now) is another 20HP Pod. It might sound crazy because of the cost for just one, but this does much of what I like in Blooper and I'd like to keep Morphagene portable for recording into and then combining with the other devices on playback. In my head, this works well.

My only goal for the near future is to stay far, far away from a legit rack! Those empty spaces would kill me.
i can use the strega reels from the make noise site in morphagene :D

(not quite the complete experience, but better than a kick in the love spuds)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”