Twister Sister - MIDI Fighter Twister controller extension

KVRist
130 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Tue May 04, 2021 11:18 am

Dozius wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:30 am
The knobs are set to relative and don't store any kind of position state. All Bitwig sees from the controller is increment/decrement pulses, so I don't see how this could be coming from the extension side. Seems like the issue is with Bitwig. Maybe try reporting the bug to the Bitwig team and see what they say.
Right, I was suspecting Bitwig's API and meant that as apparent behavior rather than something MFT/extension was actually doing, thanks for confirming.

I'm happy to send a bug report, but I fear I'm not qualified enough to provide enough context as explanation of what's going on. Like, I could intuit the problem is happening `createRelativeBinOffsetCCValueMatcher`, but I'm not sure.

KVRian

Topic Starter

918 posts since 26 Oct, 2005 from Canada City

Post Tue May 04, 2021 5:15 pm

I don't think anything more technical than what you posted before is needed. A relative hardware knob is not behaving as expected should be enough.

Besides, there is no visibility into the implementation behind the API, so trying to narrow it down to any specific part of the relative hardware interface isn't really possible. Only the Bitwig developers know what's really going on in there, let them deal with it. :)

KVRist
130 posts since 18 Sep, 2020

Post Wed May 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Submitted.

Return to “Controller Scripting”