Twister Sister - MIDI Fighter Twister controller extension

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dozius wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:30 pm The knobs are set to relative and don't store any kind of position state. All Bitwig sees from the controller is increment/decrement pulses, so I don't see how this could be coming from the extension side. Seems like the issue is with Bitwig. Maybe try reporting the bug to the Bitwig team and see what they say.
Right, I was suspecting Bitwig's API and meant that as apparent behavior rather than something MFT/extension was actually doing, thanks for confirming.

I'm happy to send a bug report, but I fear I'm not qualified enough to provide enough context as explanation of what's going on. Like, I could intuit the problem is happening `createRelativeBinOffsetCCValueMatcher`, but I'm not sure.

I don't think anything more technical than what you posted before is needed. A relative hardware knob is not behaving as expected should be enough.

Besides, there is no visibility into the implementation behind the API, so trying to narrow it down to any specific part of the relative hardware interface isn't really possible. Only the Bitwig developers know what's really going on in there, let them deal with it. :)

Submitted.

Btw, installation path is broken:

Code: Select all

[INFO] --- copy-rename-maven-plugin:1.0.1:copy (install-extension) @ twister-sister ---
[INFO] Copied /Users/user/work/bitwig/TwistedSister/target/twister-sister-1.0.1.jar to /Users/user/work/bitwig/TwistedSister/~/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/TwisterSister.bwextension
PR opened.

minortom wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:37 pm Submitted.
Not very effective, haven't heard anything back, the bug is still present in 4.0.1 and it makes Twister's relative knobs painful to use with automation. To restate, when moving the knob (with createRelativeBinOffsetCCValueMatcher) it ignores the current automated value and offsets from the last known hardware knob value — even though the LED ring display is correct. In other words, knob.targetValue() is correct, but hardware knob is apparently not aware.

I can help explain how to reproduce this, but it will probably help if someone else sends in an additional bug report. Sent a followup email.

minortom wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:01 am Btw, installation path is broken:

[INFO] --- copy-rename-maven-plugin:1.0.1:copy (install-extension) @ twister-sister ---
[INFO] Copied /Users/user/work/bitwig/TwistedSister/target/twister-sister-1.0.1.jar to /Users/user/work/bitwig/TwistedSister/~/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions/TwisterSister.bwextension
PR opened.
hey do you have any suggestions to make that working on multiple computers? i'm developing an extension on both my mac and pc. and the path is completely different for each platform...

EDIT: nm... i just looked at your pull request! thank you for being a friend.

<bitwig.extension.directory>${env.HOME}/Documents/Bitwig Studio/Extensions</bitwig.extension.directory>
----------------------------------------------------------------------
http://instagram.com/kirkwoodwest/
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest

PR opened.
I guess Maven doesn't resolve ~ either. Thanks for the PR. It's now merged.
minortom wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:12 am I can help explain how to reproduce this, but it will probably help if someone else sends in an additional bug report. Sent a followup email.
Don't know when I'll have time to put together a bug report. Maybe sending them a MCVE would help. They might not have a Twister around to run this extension, but I'm sure they have something around with relative knobs.

Dozius wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:37 pm

PR opened.
I guess Maven doesn't resolve ~ either. Thanks for the PR. It's now merged.
Sure thing! I believe ${env.HOME} should work on Linux as well.
minortom wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:12 am I can help explain how to reproduce this, but it will probably help if someone else sends in an additional bug report. Sent a followup email.
Don't know when I'll have time to put together a bug report. Maybe sending them a MCVE would help. They might not have a Twister around to run this extension, but I'm sure they have something around with relative knobs.
Sorry, what's a MVCE?

MCVE is minimal, complete and verifiable example. There are other names commonly used. Here is a good summary of what this typically involves.

https://stackoverflow.com/help/minimal- ... le-example

Thank you! Works perfectly. I didn't even try other scripts, but this one is perfect.

Updated to v2.0.0. Be sure to read the release notes because there are some breaking changes.

New features:
  • Track group navigation.
  • Track and device cursor pinning.
  • Shift actions for track and device bank knob buttons.
  • UI follows track cursor selection.
https://github.com/dozius/TwisterSister ... /tag/2.0.0

Just bought mft and the first thing to do was install this. Works great. Thanks!

Awesome work, thank you!

Great job!! thanks!!
It would be great if we could move the playback head with the knob, but Bitwig does not support playback head manipulation?

Return to “Controller Scripting”