NI launching 'stand alone hardware' Maschine + (leak)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DrGonzo wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:33 am To all you who bought the Maschine+ - how are you getting along with it?
Overall, I primarily use the Maschine+ to MIDI sequence external hardware synths and drum machines. For the said purpose, it works well enough.

You are not using the internal sound engine at all? No mixing, effects or sampling? Interesting. I'd love to hear more about your workflow.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:33 am You are not using the internal sound engine at all? No mixing, effects or sampling? Interesting. I'd love to hear more about your workflow.

/C
Thanks for the reply.

In regards to the Maschine+ internal sound engine, I will sometimes use it to record a musical idea with a preset, but later replace it with one of my synths, romplers or drum machines. The said process helps me to separate songwriting and sound design tasks. Otherwise, the Maschine+ is primarily used as a centralized sequencer. Before the Maschine+, I was using the Pioneer DJ SQUID, but some missing basic features just made it not suitable for the way I prefer to work.

I will probably explore the Maschine+ internal sound engine more in the future as a stand-alone device outside of the studio. In all honesty, I have owned the installed instruments in VST form for years, and never use them.

My present workflow and studio setup is fairly old school, and has been modified significantly over the past three years. Essentially, I returned to a similar workflow that I had in the early 90's. My external instruments are connected to a large mixing console with 8 available effect sends that are linked to various rackmount effect units. Various signal processors and guitar pedals are used on insert channel jacks as needed. All mixer channels are connected through one of three patch bays to easily connect devices as needed. The final output is sent to a mix buss processing chain, and handheld recorder.

I bought the M+ when it came out and thought about making a expansion by myself, after a long time working on it, i moved everything to the Maschine+ but nothing was working...

The M+ can't use any 3rd party expansions, that's a shame in my eyes... I can of course sample everything on the Maschine to make my own stuff but a complete expansion, like the ones you can buy from M+, are not working...

Si if anyone of you think about doing the same, stop it, it's officially not supported...

But everything is working of course with the Maschine Software, here is a small preview of my expansion...

https://youtu.be/FV8oFCDatdo

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

If your expansion works with the software, it should work with the plus, unless you break the two deep sub folder level.
Duh

Sure, my expansion is working with the Maschine Software and of course, it's working with the Maschine plus BUT i wanted to have the expansion on the maschine plus without the software and that's NOT possible...

Here is another video, another little project from my expansion...

https://youtu.be/7OQzqV-SPOc

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Nice beat Frank. Sounds good. :tu:

The hi-hat sounds metallic to me - is that intentional or some recording/mixing artifact?

The sample is a bit to long and i should use a EQ to cut off some frequencies. One of the bad things in Maschine Software, the software itself is ok but far away from a DAW like Logic and Cubase were i work a little bit different.

Frank

Xenox.AFL wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:10 pm Sure, my expansion is working with the Maschine Software and of course, it's working with the Maschine plus BUT i wanted to have the expansion on the maschine plus without the software and that's NOT possible...

Here is another video, another little project from my expansion...

https://youtu.be/7OQzqV-SPOc

Frank
You are making no sense, it either works with the plus or it doesn't.
In essence you are saying users cant save groups/instruments etc and reload them, again that is nonsense.
Duh

Ok, i try to make it easier... The file system on the Maschine+ is different to the file system on the Maschine Software on the PC/Mac... Only NI knows, and won't tell me at the moment, what you have to change so that a expansion, made on the Software, is working on the Maschine+...

Frank

Xenox.AFL wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:25 am Ok, i try to make it easier... The file system on the Maschine+ is different to the file system on the Maschine Software on the PC/Mac... Only NI knows, and won't tell me at the moment, what you have to change so that a expansion, made on the Software, is working on the Maschine+...

Frank
Sounds like you have used the wrong file structure from the start, if user files can be created on the Plus and reloaded, then you can go and look where they are saved.
Did you actually use an aliased folder when you created your files, or did you make the cardinal mistake of actually using the default save folders on the desktop version of Maschine?
Duh

Oh man, you won‘t understand it, right, i have the official statement from NI, too that 3rd party expansions are not supported.

Of course, i used the same file structure as a NI expansion.

Try it out by yourself and you will see, it‘s not working.

Frank

YOU obviously don't understand, 3rd party expansions dont work on Maschine desktop, its a hack, NI would give you the same reply for that too.
I have a pack I made myself that works fine on M+, so its you, not the M+.
Duh

Then tell me please how to make it running on the M+

I used the same structur from the beginning in the hope that it is working but it isn‘t.

Can you see your selfmade expansion with a logo like the original NI expansion? If not, i think it‘s useless because it‘s a just a expansion in the user folder then and i don‘t want this.

I want to see my expansion like the original ones with a logo.

Of course, when i save it in the user folder, i can see the expansion.

Xenox.AFL wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:30 pm Then tell me please how to make it running on the M+

I used the same structur from the beginning in the hope that it is working but it isn‘t.

Can you see your selfmade expansion with a logo like the original NI expansion? If not, i think it‘s useless because it‘s a just a expansion in the user folder then and i don‘t want this.

I want to see my expansion like the original ones with a logo.

Of course, when i save it in the user folder, i can see the expansion.
OK, so it is working exactly as advertised, and a hackjob that makes user packs look a bit like NI expansions on desktop doesn't work, sell it, that will never ever work, have you never owned anything by NI?
They have no interest at all in user content, and making user content more accessible goes completely against their business model.
Duh

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”