Arturia V Collection 8 official thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Analog Lab Pro Arturia Prophet VS Sound Library V Collection X

You don’t have to install stand alone, it’s optional.

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:09 pm You don’t have to install stand alone, it’s optional.
You're right, I wasn't aware that I could uncheck the "silent install" option.
Nevertheless, I'd rather choose once the installation options for silent install in Arturia Software Center, instead of choosing the same options over and over again
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:52 am
Dencheg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:24 am < :x>
OMG WHEN WILL ARTURIA STOP CLUTTERING MY DESKTOP WITH EVERY SYNTH UPDATE
</ :x>

It's annoying. Please Arturia, make it optional
+1 Never use stand alone and don't want 27 new icons on my desktop.
isn't the desktop icon just an alias anyways?

can't you just put those in a folder or something? on mac they all go in the applications folder. i put a few of them in the dock because i like to sit w/just that instrument and make patches some times.

i'm still on v6 of the collection. upgrade price for me even w/the sale is $399. ouch. gonna hard pass on that.

Dencheg wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:53 pm
SHall1000 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:09 pm You don’t have to install stand alone, it’s optional.
You're right, I wasn't aware that I could uncheck the "silent install" option.
Nevertheless, I'd rather choose once the installation options for silent install in Arturia Software Center, instead of choosing the same options over and over again
I think you can...might be wrong. Can’t check at the moment.

They are just short cuts.You can delete them, and still use standalones.

I’m one of those who updated yearly, my first being V4-V5. This time my upgrade price from seven to eight has doubled and that’s taking the current ‘sale’ into account.
I also have a bunch of hardware, synths and controllers reigistered...
Arturia, you lost a customer.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Still no NKS support for the new and upgraded instruments in V Collection 8. Last time, the 7.1 update came out about 6 months after the release of VC7. It's been 4 months since the release of VC8, so hopefully 8.1 update will be released soon.

Waiting for the update so that I can uninstall Stage-73 V1 and Jup-8 V3 and use their latest versions (with Komplete Kontrol).

werp wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:50 am I’m one of those who updated yearly, my first being V4-V5. This time my upgrade price from seven to eight has doubled and that’s taking the current ‘sale’ into account.
ditto

wwjd wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 pm
werp wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:50 am I’m one of those who updated yearly, my first being V4-V5. This time my upgrade price from seven to eight has doubled and that’s taking the current ‘sale’ into account.
ditto
I spent $199 to upgrade from 7 to 8. I won't upgrade to a future version if it costs more than $99. So, it looks like I'll be using VC8 for a long, long time.

Chrisk-K wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:48 am
wwjd wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 pm
ditto
I spent $199 to upgrade from 7 to 8. I won't upgrade to a future version if it costs more than $99. So, it looks like I'll be using VC8 for a long, long time, which is actually good.
:) :tu:

Does anybody know, if Arturia allows selling individual plugins/licenses of VC7?

babyblue wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:13 pm Does anybody know, if Arturia allows selling individual plugins/licenses of VC7?
They don't.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

babyblue wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:13 pm Does anybody know, if Arturia allows selling individual plugins/licenses of VC7?
no. you can't sell off individual parts of the collection. it's one big license.

ok, thanks.

Does OB-Xa uses the TAE technology? I see no reference on the website. And if not, why not?

Return to “Instruments”