FXpansion’s BFD Acquired by inMusic

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BFD 3 BFD Eco

Thanks for the help
Ill give it a shot

Thanks, Drew, for all the help. So far (and once I made sure no residue from FXP's BFD3 was anywhere near any data paths upon which my DAWs tread), everything seems stable both as stand-alone, and in Waveform 11.5.9, Bitwig 3.3.7, and Studio One 5.2.1. FXPansion had no idea why their License Manager offered me (and still is offering me) an "update" back to their BFD 3.3.1.33 after migration, but I seem to have managed to have that issue sequestered away from causing anymore instability, so I'm unconcerned. Panic button is weird, but that's the only thing with which I've seen a "problem" so far. So thanks for the help and your exceptional patience with me and my issues.
“Madness, as you know, is like gravity: all it takes is a little push.”

Out of nowhere, I've run into some kind of bug. When I try to scan my user content folder, BFD just hangs and now doesn't see my user stuff at all. I uninstalled BFD3 and installed again and initially my user content was showing and working, but the minute I try and scan it, it hangs again and will not see my user folder. On macOS High Sierra btw and haven't updated anything. This is completely strange, as it was working fine. It also froze trying to do something else too and after I re-installed, the GUI was all messed up and got the beach ball. Any ideas?

Edit: I tried another uninstall, this time deleting all preferences and a few other things that doesn't get uninstalled, reinstalled again and it seems to be ok. I can scan my user content and it doesn't freeze. That was so odd, one minute it was fine and then things got all wonky with beachballs.
Last edited by Fender_Bender on Tue May 04, 2021 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have bfd 3
and all of the sudden(post installin v3.4) I can't seem to find my bfd2,evil drums EJB 1,neil peart(rip),custom maple and signature snares presets(nor kits)-can I revert to my previous version?

??

Amorphosynthesis wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:57 am I have bfd 3
and all of the sudden(post installin v3.4) I can't seem to find my bfd2,evil drums EJB 1,neil peart(rip),custom maple and signature snares presets(nor kits)-can I revert to my previous version?
You shouldn't need to. They'll still be on your system somewhere. Check these locations:

OSX - /Library/Application\ Support/FXpansion/BFD2/System/Presets/
Win - C:\ProgramData\FXpansion\BFD2\System\Presets

Copy the files inside there to wherever you want to keep them, and then add that path your contents location panel.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Fender_Bender wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 4:31 am Out of nowhere, I've run into some kind of bug. When I try to scan my user content folder, BFD just hangs and now doesn't see my user stuff at all. I uninstalled BFD3 and installed again and initially my user content was showing and working, but the minute I try and scan it, it hangs again and will not see my user folder. On macOS High Sierra btw and haven't updated anything. This is completely strange, as it was working fine. It also froze trying to do something else too and after I re-installed, the GUI was all messed up and got the beach ball. Any ideas?

Edit: I tried another uninstall, this time deleting all preferences and a few other things that doesn't get uninstalled, reinstalled again and it seems to be ok. I can scan my user content and it doesn't freeze. That was so odd, one minute it was fine and then things got all wonky with beachballs.
I reported this via PM, on my system I can't reliably scan grooves. During the scan, it will hang when it hits grooves. But not specific grooves - its sporadic. I manually removed all grooves from my media path and bfd3 completed the scan. When it would hang I would need to force quit. I haven't heard an update from inMusic about this issue.

Hey all, just a heads up that I'll be off work from tomorrow until next Monday, so I most likely won't get to any serial requests for those 4 days. If in dire need, please email support@bfddrums.com

Cheers!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

first start is very slow, can you deactivate scanning the whole library on startup, there should be no need to scan on every starttup again

sacer wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:15 pm first start is very slow, can you deactivate scanning the whole library on startup, there should be no need to scan on every starttup again
It shouldn't be doing that. It should only scan the content the first first time, subsequent runs should startup quickly.

Fender_Bender wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:05 pm New account and I can't PM Drew, so I'm just posting a couple of comments.
Ditto (well, old KvR user, but so old that I had to create a new one when I needed to join this thread!).

I'm confused as to whether this will give us BFD 1/2 libraries back or it's for anything else - can Drew confirm?

kperry wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:05 pm
Fender_Bender wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:05 pm New account and I can't PM Drew, so I'm just posting a couple of comments.
Ditto (well, old KvR user, but so old that I had to create a new one when I needed to join this thread!).

I'm confused as to whether this will give us BFD 1/2 libraries back or it's for anything else - can Drew confirm?
If you own BFD 1 or 2, he will send you a license for the London sessions, and/or the El Dorado expansions. Same content. Just will work with the versions of BFD going forward.

Fender_Bender wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:25 pm
user/Library/Preferences/com.bfddrums.BFD3.plist
Open this prefs file with a Hex editor
Make sure these 3 strings are like this and save file:

<key>FirstRun</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>NeedScan</key>
<string>No</string>

<key>fxp2inm_migration</key>
<string>migrated</string>
Those items are not in my prefs here, crazy

I have the same problem. How can I edit this?

Open with a text editor and add the keys (copy+paste) then resave.

Return to “Instruments”