I am done with Spitfire Audio’s Labs.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Much as I like and appreciate the free sounds, I’ve had enough of constantly repairing libraries and pointing the app to the library location. And now the plug-in is randomly crashing Live 11.

Been put off risking their paid for stuff I’m afraid.

I have experienced the same thing, needing to repairing the libraries.

I don't have a good experience with their support either. I missed their intro deal on Abbey Road One with a day (or a couple of hours). The one where you would get $100 off and the next expansion for free. Emailed them and asked if they could do an exception, but no.

I'm guessing they thought I would buy it (later) anyway, but I didn't. Ended up buying the Hollywood Orchestra Opus Edition from EastWest instead.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Other users had the same frustrating experiences in earlier Labs versions and the app has many bugfixes since. I needed to entirely cleanup and reinstall the app. There is an earlier thread about it.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

In my case I installed Labs a week ago, for the first time, and experience the same thing anyway.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Fortunately there are many other choices for free and paid.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

I thought it was just me! I had a consistent problem with the Spitfire VST causing Reaper to crash. Disappointing too as I loved the sounds I was getting.

I also stopped using it. It's great that it's free, and I certainly do appreciate the gesture, but my DAW is a well tuned tool. I won't have a drunken, unruly plugin stumbling around in there slapping asses and talking loudly. :hihi:

it was a nightmare to repair the thing here after I'd restored from Time Machine having had to roll back the OS.
but, there is a very specific procedure before it's successful and it turns out I was missing part of the instructions or not seeing it in the interface

..and the same here. A pity because the sounds are great, and I don't want to knock something that's such a great freebie..if only it would work... :cry:

I ended up like most others here getting frustrated with the repeated requests to repair files, so uninstalled it.

Hope they can sort it out...

I have had issues with LABS, but support remoted to my machine and fixed it. Seems to have broken again recently for some reason. However on the same machine I have a fair few of the paid Spitfire Player libraries and they have mostly been fine (one or two had to be optimised, that was about it).

Well, I'm very stubborn, I got it to work finally. TBH it was more me than them, but I think the way instructions were worded was not ideal.

I have two things in the Kontakt engine, they were no problem as far as I recall

actually 3 but Cimbalom in two versions

I had a lot of trouble initially on Mac, but been ok lately. Seems like they have a needlessly complicated system though.

It’s the crashes linked to particular patches in certain libraries that has done it for me. Just doesn’t make any sense. Can corrupted samples do this maybe?

If you can find a friendly old-timer to lend you a hand, you can still get many of the Labs in Kontakt format, where they are much more pleasant to use and almost never get drunk.

Broken here again. I have no clue what has changed that would break it
this is pretty bad, actually

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”