Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got a number this morning when I did it (or might have been last night).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

^ There was an 'NFR Serial' next to it in my PB account as soon as I completed checkout.

GaryG wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:18 am ^ There was an 'NFR Serial' next to it in my PB account as soon as I completed checkout.
Same here

Yeah that's how their freebies work now. But pretty sure you can still register it the first time with a different address...

has anyone download the Rift Filter Lite by Minimal Audio its posted on the other forum page here.
ive tried but my antivirus is saying it contains a virus and a trojan.

djwaxxy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 pm has anyone download the Rift Filter Lite by Minimal Audio its posted on the other forum page here.

Same here... Running Windows 10 Pro...

Windows protected your PC
Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting.
Running this app might put your PC at risk.

paolostylo wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:13 pm Same here... Running Windows 10 Pro...

That message is just telling you that Microsoft does not recognize the file because it is unsigned. You should be able to manually scan the file with Microsoft Defender (or any antivirus) if you're concerned.

If you want to run the installer, just click More Info > Run Anyway

paolostylo wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:13 pm
djwaxxy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 pm has anyone download the Rift Filter Lite by Minimal Audio its posted on the other forum page here.

Same here... Running Windows 10 Pro...

I contacted them and they answered already:

Hey,

xxx from Minimal Audio here.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear about the issue. I know these kinds of things can be frustrating.
It's our top priority to figure out how to fix this today. We believe it has to do with our downloads being hosted on Amazon rather than directly on our site. It's also possible that it has to do with being a brand new company (3 days old), and it takes a bit of time for Microsoft and other companies to recognize us.
I'll let you know as soon as we have a fix!
Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best,
xxx from Minimal Audio

defender did scan it and it said there was a trojan then deleted it..think ill pass on it

Always re-check such files on www.virustotal.com.

AFAIC, 99.99% of such cases are false positives.

thanks for info..

In the case of Rift Filter Lite, it's most probably a false positive. The scanners like Microsoft Defender don't know the file yet and they often err on the side of caution (which is good). I have installed Rift Filter Lite and I have to say I like the modulation capabilities a lot.

I am having the same issue with Windows Defender and Surge.

Junolab wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:31 pm
cptgone wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:06 pm [hardware]
EU customers, wanting to buy cheap hardware (from any non-EU country): beware the new tariffs and VAT rules on purchases arriving (even if purchased earlier) from July 1st onward.
Belgian mail had already been asking a fee on any tarrifed stuff, so depending on your local mail service, that may be a 3rd price raise on previously excempt stuff, and stuff from the UK in general.

(No clue whether this will have an impact on digitally delivered products like software, too)
Its been like that for decades for most European countries when buying outside the European Union as the VAT gets added (+ import tariffs). So kinda surprised that's something new in Belgium. If I understood you correct...
No, the situation will change:
Under the current rules, goods from outside the European Union are duty and VAT free up to a limit of € 22, while those between € 22 and € 150 are duty free but subject to VAT. (of course, so far many have played with this threshold by writing less for the package)

From the middle of the year, all products coming from a third country (ie outside the European Union) are subject to VAT, regardless of their value.
For packages arriving at the EU customs border, the new rules require a customs declaration and VAT. Packages arriving in the European Union must therefore always be accompanied by a customs declaration.
Therefore, in general, the Post Office will charge an additional fee in addition to the above (customs brokerage fee). And it only delivers the shipment after all fees have been paid.

UVI's Beatbox Anthology 2 is currently on sale for $89. Does anyone know of a shop where I could get it for a bit lower during this sale? A shop that offers some extra discount coupon on top of the sale (like JRR or Audiodeluxe usually do). It can be an European shop as well.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”