DrivenByMoss - Bitwig extension for lots of controller devices (and more)

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 am

dan_default wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:25 am
Hello Moss and others,

After launching the Bitwig browser, the "arrow keys" pads don't seem to work on my Novation Launchkey 25. I press them, but it will not navigate to any of the filters or devices etc. in the browser. The arrow keys on my keyboard still work though.

Is this a known issue or am I missing some sort of config?

Thanks!
What is your OS? Have you tried if the cursor key emulation is working at all (in standalone mode). Could be that the USB keyboard emulation is somehow not working which is installed by the device.

GCR
KVRer
6 posts since 2 May, 2021

Post Thu May 06, 2021 7:25 am

moss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 12:57 am
GCR wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:06 am
However for "SOLOS" it's stranger ... I reproduced the bug:
I started a new Flexi by assigning solos first and only. And they all work (like the other times in fact).
But, when I assign my fader 1 to "Modes: Item 1: Set value", then the "Track 1: Toggle Solo" control no longer works (feedbacks still work).
Same thing, when I assign my fader 2 to "Modes: Item 2" then the "Track 2: Toggle Solo" control no longer works ... and so on.

Yet there is no MIDI conflict :
my Solo buttons are MIDI Ch1, CCs 32 to 39
my faders are MIDI Ch1, CCs 0 to 7

But, if I change the MIDI channel of the faders, everything works perfectly !
Could it be that you activated 14-bit mode?
Of course, I've tried every possible combination of options, and Flexi doesn't allow 14-bit on these buttons (absolute toggle).

KVRist
76 posts since 24 Mar, 2017

Post Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 am

Ah i just found this thread and can stop bothering you on Facebook ;)

First a question to the others:
Does anyone have the Launchpad X and does Poly-Aftertouch work for you?
It doesn't for me. (In Bitwig)

And for moss:
Here is another little thing i found on the launchpad x.
On group-tracks in session-view it only shows the color of the group-track not the group-clip.
Is there a way to change this?

KVRer
11 posts since 27 Dec, 2019

Post Thu May 06, 2021 11:52 am

moss wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:25 pm
That's great news! I just supported yesterday a user in making the Mk3 displays work and this might be the same issue. I just added the following text to the manual:

**Important**: Selecting the template is a bit tricky since when you activate a template from the Maschine which overwrites the left/right buttons you are stuck with the template list on the display. Therefore, you need to select the template from the controller editor. If you are already stuck in the template list do the following to fix it:

1. Open the controller editor.
2. Select a template which does not overwrite the left/right button
3. On the Maschine press Shift and select *Knobs* with the button over the 2nd display to move away from the template list
4. Select the DrivenByMoss template in the controller editor.
Nailed it! Maschine+ is a go!

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Thu May 06, 2021 12:19 pm

Koldunya wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 11:52 am
moss wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 10:25 pm
That's great news! I just supported yesterday a user in making the Mk3 displays work and this might be the same issue. I just added the following text to the manual:

**Important**: Selecting the template is a bit tricky since when you activate a template from the Maschine which overwrites the left/right buttons you are stuck with the template list on the display. Therefore, you need to select the template from the controller editor. If you are already stuck in the template list do the following to fix it:

1. Open the controller editor.
2. Select a template which does not overwrite the left/right button
3. On the Maschine press Shift and select *Knobs* with the button over the 2nd display to move away from the template list
4. Select the DrivenByMoss template in the controller editor.
Nailed it! Maschine+ is a go!
That's great to hear! Can you please tell me the names of the MIDI in/outputs you selected on Windows and Mac? Then I could add full support!

KVRer
17 posts since 16 Jan, 2021

Post Thu May 06, 2021 1:46 pm

moss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 am
dan_default wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:25 am
Hello Moss and others,

After launching the Bitwig browser, the "arrow keys" pads don't seem to work on my Novation Launchkey 25. I press them, but it will not navigate to any of the filters or devices etc. in the browser. The arrow keys on my keyboard still work though.

Is this a known issue or am I missing some sort of config?

Thanks!
What is your OS? Have you tried if the cursor key emulation is working at all (in standalone mode). Could be that the USB keyboard emulation is somehow not working which is installed by the device.
Windows 10, sorry I didn't know there was a "native" cursor key emulation with LaunchKey. I have no idea how to check that.

EDIT: sorry, I can be a little more helpful. The"..." button will put it into Navigation Mode. I tried this without your drivers loaded and it indeed works.

KVRer
17 posts since 16 Jan, 2021

Post Thu May 06, 2021 6:28 pm

dan_default wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:46 pm
moss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 am
dan_default wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:25 am
Hello Moss and others,

After launching the Bitwig browser, the "arrow keys" pads don't seem to work on my Novation Launchkey 25. I press them, but it will not navigate to any of the filters or devices etc. in the browser. The arrow keys on my keyboard still work though.

Is this a known issue or am I missing some sort of config?

Thanks!
What is your OS? Have you tried if the cursor key emulation is working at all (in standalone mode). Could be that the USB keyboard emulation is somehow not working which is installed by the device.
Windows 10, sorry I didn't know there was a "native" cursor key emulation with LaunchKey. I have no idea how to check that.

EDIT: sorry, I can be a little more helpful. The"..." button will put it into Navigation Mode. I tried this without your drivers loaded and it indeed works.
I don't know, but after I disabled your extension and re-enabled it, things are working as expected. Thanks for following me through this experiment, and being super responsive!

KVRer
7 posts since 2 Apr, 2021

Post Fri May 07, 2021 12:59 am

Hi Moss, do you have a Patreon or another place where we can make donations? your scripts have been indispensable to me in the past two years.

KVRer
17 posts since 16 Jan, 2021

Post Fri May 07, 2021 3:52 am

dan_default wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:28 pm
dan_default wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 1:46 pm
moss wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:30 am
dan_default wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 3:25 am
Hello Moss and others,

After launching the Bitwig browser, the "arrow keys" pads don't seem to work on my Novation Launchkey 25. I press them, but it will not navigate to any of the filters or devices etc. in the browser. The arrow keys on my keyboard still work though.

Is this a known issue or am I missing some sort of config?

Thanks!
What is your OS? Have you tried if the cursor key emulation is working at all (in standalone mode). Could be that the USB keyboard emulation is somehow not working which is installed by the device.
Windows 10, sorry I didn't know there was a "native" cursor key emulation with LaunchKey. I have no idea how to check that.

EDIT: sorry, I can be a little more helpful. The"..." button will put it into Navigation Mode. I tried this without your drivers loaded and it indeed works.
I don't know, but after I disabled your extension and re-enabled it, things are working as expected. Thanks for following me through this experiment, and being super responsive!
Hi sorry, me again. So, what appears to be happening now is that the "enter" key, once pressed on the Launchkey, remains stuck -- like its being held down. This remains the case both inside and outside of bitwig. I can only stop it by unplugging the Launchkey. Thanks for any help on this.

KVRAF
1770 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Fri May 07, 2021 4:03 am

escapednb wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 am
Ah i just found this thread and can stop bothering you on Facebook ;)

First a question to the others:
Does anyone have the Launchpad X and does Poly-Aftertouch work for you?
It doesn't for me. (In Bitwig)

And for moss:
Here is another little thing i found on the launchpad x.
On group-tracks in session-view it only shows the color of the group-track not the group-clip.
Is there a way to change this?
Hmmm. thinking of getting the Launchpad X so interested in this as well!

User avatar
KVRAF
32501 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Fri May 07, 2021 4:07 am

Now that the NI S Series mk II is natively supported it seems it's meant to autodetect the NI keyboard and load the script automatically, so should I use that instead of the Moss script or is there a way to override the autodetect?

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Fri May 07, 2021 10:55 am

escapednb wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 7:28 am
Here is another little thing i found on the launchpad x.
On group-tracks in session-view it only shows the color of the group-track not the group-clip.
Is there a way to change this?
Sorry, no.

User avatar
KVRAF

Topic Starter

2797 posts since 13 May, 2004

Post Fri May 07, 2021 11:01 am

aMUSEd wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:07 am
Now that the NI S Series mk II is natively supported it seems it's meant to autodetect the NI keyboard and load the script automatically, so should I use that instead of the Moss script or is there a way to override the autodetect?
No, don't use it. :D

OK, longer answer:
- It has less features e.g. they use the MIDI mode for parameters, so you do not get the names and values.
- If multiple scripts/extensions match the autodetect, Bitwig gives you the option to choose which one you want to use with the drop down box which appears below the on/off button.

User avatar
KVRAF
32501 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Fri May 07, 2021 11:07 am

moss wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:01 am
aMUSEd wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:07 am
Now that the NI S Series mk II is natively supported it seems it's meant to autodetect the NI keyboard and load the script automatically, so should I use that instead of the Moss script or is there a way to override the autodetect?
No, don't use it. :D

OK, longer answer:
- It has less features e.g. they use the MIDI mode for parameters, so you do not get the names and values.
- If multiple scripts/extensions match the autodetect, Bitwig gives you the option to choose which one you want to use with the drop down box which appears below the on/off button.
Great thanks - that's what I hoped for

KVRer
1 posts since 9 May, 2021

Post Sat May 08, 2021 5:40 pm

Hello Jürgen

It would help me out a lot if I could select a single midi channel for an instrument track when using the generic flexi controller script. Right now i can do this in the flexi settings, but not in the input selector on the instrument track, making it impossible to use individual channels per instrument track from a single device.

Would be sweet if you could add this. :phones:

Greetings
Mirmuel

Return to “Controller Scripting”