Is Omnisphere 2 still worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

$440.68

I think I have seen it eligible for 15% off at musiciansfriends or one of those at some point or the other.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

liquidsound wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:46 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:36 pm
liquidsound wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:26 pm
Sorry, I don’t have an account. I went to their store in Manhattan.
No shipping to you country, that sucks!
Okay, no worries. I will find a way if I can. :)
zvenx wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:47 pm $440.68

I think I have seen it eligible for 15% off at musiciansfriends or one of those at some point or the other.
Thanks for checking. Yes, I have seen some posts regarding 15% at Musician's Friend. Hmmm, will see what's the best option for me when I am ready. :)

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:36 pm
liquidsound wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:26 pm I think B&H is the lowest.
But you need go with this link and click on the Tap for Price
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... ere_2.html
Thanks. If possible, could you please do me a favour and tell me the logged in price if you already have an account there? I don't want to create one, because it clearly says it cannot ship to my country.
What country are you located in?

Lowest price I know of was $250.00 new, before additional discounts.
(And my spouse bought Trilian, Keyscape and Stylus in previous auctions and got fantastic deals.)
Last edited by BBFG# on Fri May 07, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If you buy the physical version (USB) it is cheaper. 379 euros, at least in Spanish stores where I got it some months ago.

https://www.madridhifi.com/p/spectrason ... gLCkPD_BwE

Thanks for the store/pricing info. A lot of these stores don't ship to my country, unfortunately.

@BBFG#: $250? Wow, I am surprised. Was it in a KVR auction? Additional discounts meaning? I searched and found one 2018 auction thread where it was sold for $410.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Fri May 07, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BBFG# wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:59 pm I do believe that anyone that actually paid $499.00 (MSRP) for it outright is an easy mark (i.e "a fool and their money" - full pop.)
I think it all depends on the user. No doubt that $499 is a hefty price tag for it if it would just get used occasionally/rarely/never. But, it's a great value IMO if it gets used regularly.

If I sum up all the synths that I paid $50-200 for over the last few decades, but rarely use, they add up to WAY more than Omni's $499 price tag for a synth that I use in every.single.project. and often multiple instances. Not to mention how gracious Spectrasonics is with their free updates, which would be paid updates by most other synths' standards. If that makes me a fool, then I guess we have very different definitions of that term. :shrug: :D (all that said, I bought Omni v1 the day it was released and paid less than that, and bought the v2 discounted upgrade when it was released, but I would easily pay $499 if I had to do it all again, and would also easily pass on many other less used synths).
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:04 pm
BBFG# wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:59 pm I do believe that anyone that actually paid $499.00 (MSRP) for it outright is an easy mark (i.e "a fool and their money" - full pop.)
I think it all depends on the user. No doubt that $499 is a hefty price tag for it if it would just get used occasionally/rarely/never. But, it's a great value IMO if it gets used regularly.

If I sum up all the synths that I paid $50-200 for over the last few decades, but rarely use, they add up to WAY more than Omni's $499 price tag for a synth that I use in every.single.project. and often multiple instances.
I agree. Some discount if available is always welcome though. :)

cryophonik wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:04 pm

If I sum up all the synths that I paid $50-200 for over the last few decades, but rarely use, they add up to WAY more than Omni's $499 price tag for a synth that I use in every.single.project. and often multiple instances. Not to mention how gracious Spectrasonics is with their free updates, which would be paid updates by most other synths' standards. If that makes me a fool, then I guess we have very different definitions of that term. :shrug: :D (all that said, I bought Omni v1 the day it was released and paid less than that, and bought the v2 discounted upgrade when it was released, but I would easily pay $499 if I had to do it all again, and would also easily pass on many other less used synths).
So you really paid $499?

BBFG# wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:23 pm So you really paid $499?
I don't recall what I paid for v1 or for the v2 upgrade tbh, but they probably totaled at least $499, which I would consider a bargain given how much use I've gotten from it.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:48 pm
I don't recall what I paid for v1 or for the v2 upgrade tbh, but they probably totaled at least $499, which I would consider a bargain given how much use I've gotten from it.
Okay. But did you pay full price for v1 and the upgrade as well?

BBFG# wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:59 pm
I don't recall. I bought both of them the day they were available, and I think I had a loyalty discount for v1, since I already owned several Spectrasonics products that I did pay full price for, and also weren't cheap. Why do you care? :shrug:

cryophonik wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:05 pm
BBFG# wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:59 pm
I don't recall. I bought both of them the day they were available, and I think I had a loyalty discount for v1, since I already owned several Spectrasonics products that I did pay full price for, and also weren't cheap. Why do you care? :shrug:
I don't. I just find it amusing.
I worked a few music stores across the state in the 80s & 90s and we loved your kind of patronage.

BBFG# wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:53 pm

For what? Where?

If Omni then plz link, I'll buy it again. I sold it for much more.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 am

For what? Where?

Earlier scenario.
Omni Version 1 during a stock dump after they announced Version 2 and a grace upgrade for v1 bought in the same time frame. I also know others that paid 375-400 as well. All at B&M stores though. Seems no one wanted online tracking it lower than $429.

BBFG# wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:34 am
revvy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:20 am

For what? Where?

Earlier scenario.
Omni Version 1 during a stock dump after they announced Version 2 and a grace upgrade for v1 bought in the same time frame. I also know others that paid 375-400 as well. All at B&M stores though. Seems no one wanted online tracking it lower than $429.
I see.

Thirty years ago I got a free flight to the US when buying a cheap vacuum cleaner, so did my mates. Free trips and clean houses all round.

Last time I went to the US, I had to pay for a flight, unfortunately.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Return to “Instruments”