Fabfilter announce TIMELESS 3 !!!!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relativity for Timeless 3 Timeless 3

ramseysounds wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:04 am Ive never been tempted to buy anything from FF. Very pricey in my opinion and I have more than enough alternatives that do just as good a job for a fraction of the cost 🤷‍♂️
Aren't you the one complaining about any (actually valid) criticism in all PA and Waves threads?

Heed your own advice...

Double Tap wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:46 pm Do I need it? No. Will I get it? Of course.
Thank you for saying exactly what I was thinking. :hihi: :lol:

Wondering if this release will coincide with a typical 25% off sale. If so, that will mean a better discount for existing customers.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:51 pm Wondering if this release will coincide with a typical 25% off sale. If so, that will mean a better discount for existing customers.
They seem to have a fairly solid pattern of releasing a new / updated plug-in every May, then having a 25% off sale in July, Black Friday and Christmas.

But my guess is that the price of Timeless will rise since it's currently £94 whereas Saturn 2 is £114 (don't know what it was before last year's update). So the 25% discount might be swallowed by a price rise, even if you have some hefty discounts as an existing customer.

Of course, if you know someone who is an existing customer, get them to send you an email with a 10% discount coupon and buy it now, since the upgrade from T2 to T3 is going to be free:

https://twitter.com/fabfilter/status/13 ... 5672450053
Screenshot 2021-05-08 at 19.17.21.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Double Tap wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:18 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:51 pm
Thanks for the info. I am aware of their typical sales, but wasn't aware about the price rise on new release. I think you are right. I was hoping if they would do the sale, but probably not as this is not their usual time for it.

FWIW, I own Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Pro-C 2 and the current price for Timeless 2 is 78 EUR.
Double Tap wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:46 pm Do I need it? No. Will I get it? Of course.
Do I need it? No. Will I get it? Probably not.

Saving up for something big, so no chance right now. Perhaps in future if it really appeals me. I was so excited for Saturn 2, but after I demoed it, all the excitement vanished. Not that it isn't great, just not for me. So, I guess it could well be the same story with Timeless 3.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm Thanks for the info. I am aware of their typical sales, but wasn't aware about the price rise on new release. I think you are right. I was hoping if they would do the sale, but probably not as this is not their usual time for it.

FWIW, I own Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Pro-C 2 and the current price for Timeless 2 is 78 EUR.
Mine is €54,50. In addition to the ones you own, I also have Pro-MB, Pro-R and Saturn 2.

gondii wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:40 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:36 pm FWIW, I own Pro-Q 3, Pro-L 2 and Pro-C 2 and the current price for Timeless 2 is 78 EUR.
Mine is €54,50. In addition to the ones you own, I also have Pro-MB, Pro-R and Saturn 2.
Okay, good to know. Hopefully this will be helpful to others.

But I was expecting an even lower value for you considering you have 3 more of their "premium" plugins. Nevertheless a great price if you are interested in Timeless 3. Considering it will be a single license, you can recoup most of the cost (considering €10 fee), if not entirely, in case you wish to resell it later.

I have total fx, I think saturn2 was ~30€ for me last time.
I love fab’s filters and timeless and colourcopy are my most used delays by far.
so this is ~yes~

Shifting is a nice addition

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm But I was expecting an even lower value for you considering you have 3 more of their "premium" plugins. Nevertheless a great price if you are interested in Timeless 3. Considering it will be a single license, you can recoup most of the cost (considering €10 fee), if not entirely, in case you wish to resell it later.
Yeah, I just shared the info as an FYI for people. I'm also not going to buy it now. But during the last sale I think it was around 30€ for me. So I might bite around Black Friday or something if Timeless 3 has the same conditions. We'll see.

Yeah, makes sense to wait for a better offer (30€ would be a no-brainer), assuming the price does not rise, as Double Tap pointed out above.

On a separate note, I have been thinking about Pro-MB as my next FabFilter plugin, but there is no strong justification for me to get it considering Pro-Q 3 has dynamic EQ to help with most use cases (except the band splitting of course).

i don't find Dynamic EQ's and MultiBand compressors -at all- the same.
But i use Pro-MB more than ProQ3's dynamic functions, i mostly use ProQ3's dynamic facilities for selectively notching out problematic shit dynamically. But then again i relegated that to soothe2 recently.

I have 3 MB compressors - Softube Drawmer 1973, Voxengo Drumformer and Pro-MB. I use Pro-MB by far the most. (although Drumformer is an under-rated gem)

Ploki wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:51 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:04 am Ive never been tempted to buy anything from FF. Very pricey in my opinion and I have more than enough alternatives that do just as good a job for a fraction of the cost 🤷‍♂️
Aren't you the one complaining about any (actually valid) criticism in all PA and Waves threads?

Heed your own advice...
What on earth are you talking about? 🤔🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Ploki wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 pm i don't find Dynamic EQ's and MultiBand compressors -at all- the same.
But i use Pro-MB more than ProQ3's dynamic functions, i mostly use ProQ3's dynamic facilities for selectively notching out problematic shit dynamically. But then again i relegated that to soothe2 recently.

I have 3 MB compressors - Softube Drawmer 1973, Voxengo Drumformer and Pro-MB. I use Pro-MB by far the most. (although Drumformer is an under-rated gem)
Thanks for the suggestion. I will need to demo Pro-MB and also try out any MB compressors I might already have. If there is a definite use case, I am sure I will lean towards the best, i.e. Pro-MB, as I am familiar with Pro-Q 3 and use it all the time.

Would it be able to mute some of the delay "repeatings" that would hit, for instance, together with a kick? It's a common problem...

I wonder if presets will be backwards compatible.

Return to “Effects”