Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

WasteLand wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm (i hope eventide will have a system, that when there are updates, you get notified... i have 10 eventide plugins, i guess, and generate...)
unfortunately no, as far as i can see...

MitchK1989 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:29 pm I’d buy generate in an instant if it weren’t for the iLok thing, especially since that means no m1 native code for the foreseeable future. Love west coast stuff and MPE.
As someone who just updated their Mobo and CPU, my 20+ iLok synths/effects were literally the easiest to deal with during the transition. One small cost up front and it has been a good investment ever since. YMMV.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

muki wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:08 pm
WasteLand wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm (i hope eventide will have a system, that when there are updates, you get notified... i have 10 eventide plugins, i guess, and generate...)
Generate (and the other Newfangled Audio plug-ins) do have this system. If you look in the plug-in preset bar a yellow [UPDATE] button will appear when there's an update available. Unfortunately, I have to increment the version number manually, and I forgot to do that on Tuesday, but remembered on Wednesday morning.

Dan
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

DGillespie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 pm
muki wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:08 pm
Generate (and the other Newfangled Audio plug-ins) do have this system. If you look in the plug-in preset bar a yellow [UPDATE] button will appear when there's an update available. Unfortunately, I have to increment the version number manually, and I forgot to do that on Tuesday, but remembered on Wednesday morning.

Dan
yes, and you get emails... from newfangled... i hope eventide will do the same... i forgot to mention, that you do send emails, and of course, the update button.

great update by the way. those modulation possibilities are great. didn't check the new 'generators' extensivily yet.

will release velocity also be included in a next update, MPE controllers have it, even my SL MkII...
great to control sound at release, that is the purpose yes..., but to give more control. expressive control. yes. yes. that is self-evident.

and is quite touchscreen friendly, Generate.

DGillespie wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:03 pm Generate (and the other Newfangled Audio plug-ins) do have this system. If you look in the
yes
but unfortunately not eventide
just yesterday i had a look (because of this thread)
and realized all my 12 eventide plugins were 3 to 5 versions behind
because, although i am subscribed to eventide's newletter, i never
get any news about updates....
so checking manually from time to time...

Such a shame they decided to add iLok to Pendulate. Seems pointless when its a freebie :shrug:

thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 pm Such a shame they decided to add iLok to Pendulate. Seems pointless when its a freebie :shrug:
I don't think they did. Still says "100% No iLok Required!", only requires one to enter an email address.
Last edited by OzoneJunkie on Fri May 07, 2021 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No iLok required for Pendulate, just install and run.

If you don't want emails, just unclick the send me emails button, I have no desire to send emails to people who don't want them. If you do feel the need to enter a false email, please please please unclick the send emails button, I really don't want to spend money sending emails to fake email addresses.

Thanks, Dan. I've updated my response above. I'm sorry for that. I appreciate your position, and am thankful you offer the option to get the plugin without receiving emails. Cheers.

Yeah, no worries. It's not a huge deal, and I get being skeptical, too. It's actually not really about the money wrt to sending to fake emails, it's more that they bounce and it will effect your emailer rating and make the large email services think you're sending spam. Which sucks when you're trying hard not to send people unwanted messages.

Thanks for the support!

OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:00 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 pm Such a shame they decided to add iLok to Pendulate. Seems pointless when its a freebie :shrug:
I don't think they did. Still says "100% No iLok Required!", only requires one to enter an email address.
At the bottom of the Pendulate page it says
An iLok account is required, but no physical dongle is necessary. Create a free account here.
I presumed that meant a software pace/iLok account.

thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:58 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:00 am
At the bottom of the Pendulate page it says
An iLok account is required, but no physical dongle is necessary. Create a free account here.
I presumed that meant a software pace/iLok account.
Ahhhh! You're totally right!

Sorry about that. I just contacted Eventide to see how we can remove that incorrect information. That's part of a block that just gets added to all the product pages. Sorry for the bad information and thanks for pointing it out.

Dan

I just saw a cross-grade offer available for Generate for only $69, based on the Newfangled/Eventide plugs I already own. I think the only thing holding me back is that I already own Aalto, am just getting to know Pendulate, and have also just started to appreciate Ableton’s Operator (when used with a Device Randomizer or an LFO). I’ve kind of sworn off buying anymore plugs, but there’s a definite attraction. I was able to get some respectable Buchla plinky blips the other day with Pendulate. I mean, they were really usable. 8 more voices with Generate opens up some other possibilities.

muki wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:25 pm but unfortunately not eventide
just yesterday i had a look (because of this thread)
and realized all my 12 eventide plugins were 3 to 5 versions behind
because, although i am subscribed to eventide's newletter, i never
get any news about updates....
so checking manually from time to time...
Add the products to "My KVR" and make sure the setting to notify you if there is an update is enabled. Eventide keeps the databased products updated. Then look for the red notification when you log into KVR.

Hey Dan - super tiny bug report: Open fresh instance, change skin from Modern to Twin Turbo, change the drive slightly, hit the Compare button, skin will switch back to Modern. If I click forward a couple of presets and repeat the process, it's fine (skin won't switch)...

Not sure if you want bugs here or not, just figured I'd put it here first.

Return to “Instruments”