Audio input no longer routed to plugin chain?!

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm scratching my head tonight because suddenly I can't seem to get audio input captured by an irig hd2 audio interface routed to the audio output chain for any track.

This is what is happening:
- connect guitar to irig: gain seems OK,
- connect irig to computer via USB
- launch Archetype Abasi in standalone mode (a VST guitar amp/effect combo plugin): everything works, I get audio output, effects get applied, etc.
- open Waveform, set input/output to irig, try starting my edit, the song gets normally played through the irig
- create a track with audio input, arm it for recording, strum on guitar: audio gets received, the input meter reacts to my strumming
- nothing goes to the output, though: the output meter is dead, volume plugin is ineffective, if I add any plugin (e.g. a guitar tuner) at the beginning of the chain it receives no audio

I must be missing something obvious, but I'm honestly at a loss at what.

- Is the input armed for recording
- do you have live input monitoring enabled
- do you have "run audio engine while stopped" enabled?
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Does audio get recorded onto the track even if it doesn't pass through to the plugins?

Is the track's output set to the default audio output?

If you add an audio clip to the track, does its audio pass through? What if you add it to a different track?

Are there other plugins on the track or on the main?

Can you post a screenshot?
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:23 pm - Is the input armed for recording
- do you have live input monitoring enabled
- do you have "run audio engine while stopped" enabled?
Bingo: Live Input Monitoring somehow got turned off (I never turned it on in the past so I assume the default changed?!).

Thanks!

Return to “Tracktion”