the background noise in some 90ies trance songs

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
User avatar
KVRian
1371 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Sat May 08, 2021 1:33 pm

Also wondered why 90s producers do not give feedback. But what I understand of it: the guys who produced these tracks somehow don't want to be reminded to the past. Understandable; they never got to that level again. So they don't say how they did it. That's my take on it.

So I'm busy for years as a hobby to "recreate" stuff. It's a slow process.

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

344 posts since 4 Dec, 2019

Post Sat May 08, 2021 1:43 pm

It won't matter. We will find out! I'm getting closer and closer. It's just normal in our society. Most people only start working when you put a coin in their head...
Nothing can be better than liberty and free time to spend as you choose. Don't let those modern slaveholders ruin your life!

User avatar
KVRian
1371 posts since 10 Oct, 2018

Post Sat May 08, 2021 2:00 pm

I'm pretty creative myself, that's not the point. But to create a certain feeling, a true positive vibe, which moves the masses, that's a different ball game :)

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

344 posts since 4 Dec, 2019

Post Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm

True, but if you want to learn how to recreate specific sounds creativity alone won't always help you most. Sometimes someone who were to share ideas and experience would be more to the point then. Creativity is not much of a problem to me, too. But I also try to learn how to recreate some sounds and that needs some technical inside knowledge...
Nothing can be better than liberty and free time to spend as you choose. Don't let those modern slaveholders ruin your life!

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

344 posts since 4 Dec, 2019

Post Sat May 08, 2021 4:18 pm

I think I've come REALLY close now after working for 2 more hours on this sound. It won't matter all THAT much now if there's noone of those "professionals" making a move to help other people.
Hmn: it's just a little sad after all... :?
Let them sit in their isolated little studios and keep their stuff to themselves then or beg people for some likes or subscriptions on youtube... 8)
Nothing can be better than liberty and free time to spend as you choose. Don't let those modern slaveholders ruin your life!

User avatar
KVRian
1367 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Sat May 08, 2021 5:12 pm

This is the choir synth changing chords that produces this noise. Everytime the synth changes chord, the "noise" changes tone.

It's not added noise, it's a specific choir synth.

What you're hearing is basically this :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdMMfX ... sp=sharing

You can hear the choir synth alone from 0'49 very clearly. It's it, simply it, that produces a noisy tone to the track, 100% sure. ;)
This post is supposed to be non-agressive. Now please give me a broad smile. :ud:

KVRAF
2054 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Sun May 09, 2021 2:28 am

DJErmac wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:12 pm
This is the choir synth changing chords that produces this noise. Everytime the synth changes chord, the "noise" changes tone.

It's not added noise, it's a specific choir synth.

What you're hearing is basically this :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdMMfX ... sp=sharing

You can hear the choir synth alone from 0'49 very clearly. It's it, simply it, that produces a noisy tone to the track, 100% sure. ;)
What synth is this from? I love this choir sound!!

User avatar
KVRian
1367 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Sun May 09, 2021 6:03 am

surreal wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:28 am
DJErmac wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:12 pm
This is the choir synth changing chords that produces this noise. Everytime the synth changes chord, the "noise" changes tone.

It's not added noise, it's a specific choir synth.

What you're hearing is basically this :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdMMfX ... sp=sharing

You can hear the choir synth alone from 0'49 very clearly. It's it, simply it, that produces a noisy tone to the track, 100% sure. ;)
What synth is this from? I love this choir sound!!
It’s from an Avenger expansion called Makina vol 1.
https://www.rewiredrecords.co.uk/produc ... st-presets
It contains the most appropriate synth choirs for this example, there are a tons of.
This post is supposed to be non-agressive. Now please give me a broad smile. :ud:

KVRAF
2054 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Sun May 09, 2021 6:10 am

DJErmac wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:03 am
surreal wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:28 am
DJErmac wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:12 pm
This is the choir synth changing chords that produces this noise. Everytime the synth changes chord, the "noise" changes tone.

It's not added noise, it's a specific choir synth.

What you're hearing is basically this :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PdMMfX ... sp=sharing

You can hear the choir synth alone from 0'49 very clearly. It's it, simply it, that produces a noisy tone to the track, 100% sure. ;)
What synth is this from? I love this choir sound!!
It’s from an Avenger expansion called Makina vol 1.
https://www.rewiredrecords.co.uk/produc ... st-presets
It contains the most appropriate synth choirs for this example, there are a tons of.
That's so nice.. I wish I could afford it!! I have avenger but cant afford any expansions for it!

KVRAF
2054 posts since 3 Dec, 2006

Post Sun May 09, 2021 6:16 am

Thanks for the info DJ Earmac

KVRian
851 posts since 28 Oct, 2004

Post Sun May 09, 2021 6:44 am

Yeah, sounds like typical ROM vox samples from old 90s gear, korg, jv, kawai.. probably some aliasing too :P

Check patch 23 choir, 63 voices

https://youtu.be/HNcpmtNbxj4?t=417

Kawai K4 aliasing....
https://youtu.be/262GASwuSjQ
Last edited by larm on Sun May 09, 2021 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KVRian
1367 posts since 25 Apr, 2009 from France

Post Sun May 09, 2021 6:54 am

Yes, I’ve tried using the Korg M1 to recreate this choir as it was one of the most used synth of the era, and it simply didn’t work, the agressive airy ”noise” isn’t there. Must be another synth. It’s not from the Roland JV series also, I don’t know where this one is from.
This post is supposed to be non-agressive. Now please give me a broad smile. :ud:

KVRian
851 posts since 28 Oct, 2004

Post Sun May 09, 2021 7:16 am

Thinking it could be layering with simple "osc" overtone sines pitched +12 or similar that alias like mad when played in romplers, usually at the back of the wave-list with names like SinOdd3, Pulse2Lo, SqrInv

EMU Proteus stuff, some voices there too patch 34

https://youtu.be/_Z562OuYRXQ

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”