Best overall software reverb under $250?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
3771 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Sun May 09, 2021 1:46 am

I agree with fapfilter

The thing about valhalla is that they're tuned really well - it's really hard to make them sound bad. There's a lot of revers that can easily be made sound bad.

KVRian
941 posts since 9 Jul, 2014 from UK

Post Sun May 09, 2021 3:05 am

Any Valhalla seems to be very popular on here and probably for good reason. Ive gone back to using 112db just recently and getting some very pleasing results
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

KVRAF
12793 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Post Sun May 09, 2021 4:00 am

ramseysounds wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 3:05 am
Any Valhalla seems to be very popular on here and probably for good reason. Ive gone back to using 112db just recently and getting some very pleasing results
He's very engaged and discusses reverb readily both here and on his blog. Sadly, I don't have one of Sean's reverbs and I feel a bit guilty about that. I should go snap up shimmerverb just because I use those kinds of sounds quite a bit.

Ok, but why is that? It's because I tend to buy plugins like this:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... everb-Pack

And at the end of the day, as I said earlier in this thread, I think that this is the way to round out your reverb collection if you are on a budget. These are excellent reverbs that, for a while, would never go on any real sale. Since iZotope bought them out, however, these go on sale regularly but they're no less capable than they were in the past.

KVRian
1040 posts since 17 Jun, 2012

Post Sun May 09, 2021 7:56 am

Ploki wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 1:46 am
I agree with fapfilter

The thing about valhalla is that they're tuned really well - it's really hard to make them sound bad. There's a lot of revers that can easily be made sound bad.
With a name like that, one would be hard pressed to disagree with anything :hihi:

KVRAF
21869 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from not here

Post Sun May 09, 2021 8:31 am

What I use, and I use it in every track and not a lot else for reverberation, when it is it's a delay, comes in a bundle with an EQ; a "Master EQ" with more bands and control; Compressor; Multiband comp; Limiter; Exciter; Analyzer; Goniometer; and Power Panner and a matrix for surround. In two flavors, a Convolution 'verb and a Hybrid, which has an algo late reflections. with a lot of control.
Usually eschew bringing it up, because bundle, but since the goals is 'best overall' "under $250", it now goes for 130 euro.
It cost me a lot more (around 400 USD on sale) but they have superseded the product with a Pro version which costs similarly to what that used to.
VSL, the original Vienna Suite. I much prefer the reverb in it to the one in the Pro version. Just excellent.
Hybrid comes with some really great plates, it's mostly about rooms. Little rooms, medium rooms, huge rooms, hot rooms, cool rooms. There's a good reverse kind of a deal in it too.

Return to “Effects”