Newfangled Audio Pendulate (and Generate coming soon...)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Generate Pendulate

Been loving Generate one of the few soft synths with a truly unique character. I'm surprised more developers haven't adopted the West Coast style synths designs.

yellowmix wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:03 am Add the products to "My KVR"
i'll try
thanks

W23 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm I just saw a cross-grade offer available for Generate for only $69, based on the Newfangled/Eventide plugs I already own. I think the only thing holding me back is that I already own Aalto, am just getting to know Pendulate, and have also just started to appreciate Ableton’s Operator (when used with a Device Randomizer or an LFO). I’ve kind of sworn off buying anymore plugs, but there’s a definite attraction. I was able to get some respectable Buchla plinky blips the other day with Pendulate. I mean, they were really usable. 8 more voices with Generate opens up some other possibilities.
I have Aalto and picked up Generate recently for a similar price (think it was 79$ though). Pendulate didn't really do it for me back when it came out so I slept on Generate but at least by my noob level synth programming capabilities I much prefer Generate. Aalto is great but they sound nothing alike to my ears.

Generate can be cpu intensive though, on my setup at least . 8 voices is not practical unless I'm rendering, 4 is doable but still not a neglible hit. However soundwise there's really nothing like it that I've come across. Sound quality hangs the best of them imo. Just what you wanted to hear I bet right, heheh, apologies for attempted gas enabling but hey that's my honest take.

Quick question for Dan: Is the Elevate bundle 4 things or 3 things? The PB page and the Eventide page aren't clear. (edit: i watched the your video and i understand now Elevate bundle is 4 things)

edit: Question 2/ Can Equivocate, Punctuate, and Saturate, be purposed for mixing not just mastering? Thanks Dan. (edit: i read a review and i understand now the 3 plugs are intended for mixing)
Last edited by Spring Goose on Sun May 09, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nusound mind wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:14 pm
W23 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:28 pm I just saw a cross-grade offer available for Generate for only $69, based on the Newfangled/Eventide plugs I already own. I think the only thing holding me back is that I already own Aalto, am just getting to know Pendulate, and have also just started to appreciate Ableton’s Operator (when used with a Device Randomizer or an LFO). I’ve kind of sworn off buying anymore plugs, but there’s a definite attraction. I was able to get some respectable Buchla plinky blips the other day with Pendulate. I mean, they were really usable. 8 more voices with Generate opens up some other possibilities.
I have Aalto and picked up Generate recently for a similar price (think it was 79$ though). Pendulate didn't really do it for me back when it came out so I slept on Generate but at least by my noob level synth programming capabilities I much prefer Generate. Aalto is great but they sound nothing alike to my ears.

Generate can be cpu intensive though, on my setup at least . 8 voices is not practical unless I'm rendering, 4 is doable but still not a neglible hit. However soundwise there's really nothing like it that I've come across. Sound quality hangs the best of them imo. Just what you wanted to hear I bet right, heheh, apologies for attempted gas enabling but hey that's my honest take.
That’s good! I don’t mind spending the money as long as it’s different enough from what I already have. Thanks!

If it ever goes as cheap as when they launched it, I'll give it another look.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:37 pm If it ever goes as cheap as when they launched it, I'll give it another look.
$69 vs $79?

I think it was somewhere between $40 and $49.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:08 pm I think it was somewhere between $40 and $49.
They had it that sort of price last black friday, but Dan said the price was a mistake.

DGillespie wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:16 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:58 am
OzoneJunkie wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 1:00 am
thecontrolcentre wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:36 pm Such a shame they decided to add iLok to Pendulate. Seems pointless when its a freebie :shrug:
I don't think they did. Still says "100% No iLok Required!", only requires one to enter an email address.
At the bottom of the Pendulate page it says
An iLok account is required, but no physical dongle is necessary. Create a free account here.
I presumed that meant a software pace/iLok account.
Ahhhh! You're totally right!

Sorry about that. I just contacted Eventide to see how we can remove that incorrect information. That's part of a block that just gets added to all the product pages. Sorry for the bad information and thanks for pointing it out.

Dan

Nice one. Thanks for clarifying, Dan.

W23 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:57 pm
nusound mind wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:14 pm

That’s good! I don’t mind spending the money as long as it’s different enough from what I already have. Thanks!
* Hangs with the best of them.

Yeah you're welcome.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:08 pm I think it was somewhere between $40 and $49.
This was a mistake made by some retailers, only a handful of people got it at that price and that was not the intent. Generate has only ever been $99, or cross grade from Elevate, EQuivocate, Punctuate, or Saturate for $69/$79. It’s the same price now that it was at launch.
Dan Gillespie from Newfangled Audio (and sometimes Eventide)

Spring Goose wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:49 pm Quick question for Dan: Is the Elevate bundle 4 things or 3 things? The PB page and the Eventide page aren't clear. (edit: i watched the your video and i understand now Elevate bundle is 4 things)

edit: Question 2/ Can Equivocate, Punctuate, and Saturate, be purposed for mixing not just mastering? Thanks Dan. (edit: i read a review and i understand now the 3 plugs are intended for mixing)
Yes, sorry for the lag in response, I've been crushed this week. 4 plug-ins, initially intended for mastering, but also great for mixing.

OzoneJunkie wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:05 am Hey Dan - super tiny bug report: Open fresh instance, change skin from Modern to Twin Turbo, change the drive slightly, hit the Compare button, skin will switch back to Modern. If I click forward a couple of presets and repeat the process, it's fine (skin won't switch)...

Not sure if you want bugs here or not, just figured I'd put it here first.
Thanks! I'll take a look at it!

Thank you for the resizeable GUI, that's much appreciated :)
Do you plan a couple more color themes, as well?

Return to “Instruments”