E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:29 pm I will simply not use the arp then because it sounds wrong to me...
Ok, no problem at all. Just to be clear, this is how an ARP behaves on almost any monophonic synth.

e-phonic wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:34 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:29 pm I will simply not use the arp then because it sounds wrong to me...
Ok, no problem at all. Just to be clear, this is how an ARP behaves on almost any monophonic synth.
Maybe, but Invader is a polysynth ;)

Thinking about it, wouldn't it make sense to allow for both monophonic and polyphonic voice settings in the Pitch to All Oscillators mode?

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:37 pm Thinking about it, wouldn't it make sense to allow for both monophonic and polyphonic voice settings in the Pitch to All Oscillators mode?
Of course it could make sense, it's just not implemented. :D
Last edited by e-phonic on Sun May 09, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

e-phonic wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:39 pm
e-crooner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:37 pm Thinking about it, wouldn't it make sense to allow for both monophonic and polyphonic voice settings in the Pitch to All Oscillators mode?
Of course it could make sense, it's just not implemented. :D
Well, it's still in beta phase :D

I'll put it on the backlog :tu:

e-phonic wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:45 pm I'll put it on the backlog :tu:
Would be nice, I think and hope I would not be the only one appreciating it :)

What else is on your list if I may ask?

I just noticed by accident that there is a HQ switch in the upper right-hand corner, next to the menu lines. Since it is off by default I had never seen it before...

Is there any way to turn off the retrigger mode when selecting 1 voice? I.e. no last-note priority...

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:11 pm Is there any way to turn off the retrigger mode when selecting 1 voice? I.e. no last-note priority...
Play mode is always last-note priority in Invader, but you can disable retriggering of the envelopes for overlapping notes by setting the glide option to 'auto' or 'on'.
e-crooner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:11 pm What else is on your list if I may ask?
Well, first things first so, create a manual, fix the last issues and get the plugin out of beta are top priority. I do consider the current feature set as final for the first release. It's easy to think of a million more things that would be nice to have, but I'd like to keep this one simple.

VST for mac please!

ok i promise i won't do that again

sqigls wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:34 am VST for mac please!

:lol:

If I may ask. Is there a specific reason you want a VST version over an AU version?
I always thought AU support on OSX is pretty good.

e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:05 am
sqigls wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:34 am VST for mac please!

:lol:

If I may ask. Is there a specific reason you want a VST version over an AU version?
I always thought AU support on OSX is pretty good.
Bitwig and Reason for a start :)

Hmmm... I see Reason only supports VST2? I cannot release VST2 anymore because of licensing.
A VST3 version for OSX should be fairly easy to do.

Cubase i need to load a third party vst that hosts AU plugins.
Over time i've found this to create many problems. At the least it adds more steps onto every process and i end up not using my AU plugins at all.

e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 am Hmmm... I see Reason only supports VST2? I cannot release VST2 anymore because of licensing.
is there definitely no way around this?
who at Steinberg do have to maim to get the ball rolling? :D
e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 am A VST3 version for OSX should be fairly easy to do.
Swweeeeet cheers!

What a great little synth! Can we have parameter readouts on mouseover event for knobs and dials? And is it normal that cutoff/res/env2 and some other regulators don't have value popups at all? Сan it be implemented as an option at least? Thank you!

Return to “Instruments”