DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Mirmuel wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:40 am Hello Jürgen

It would help me out a lot if I could select a single midi channel for an instrument track when using the generic flexi controller script. Right now i can do this in the flexi settings, but not in the input selector on the instrument track, making it impossible to use individual channels per instrument track from a single device.

Would be sweet if you could add this. :phones:

Greetings
Mirmuel
Meanwhile, you can select the MIDI channel you want in the tracks' settings. So, I think this is not necessary any longer.

DrivenByMoss 12.0.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Generic Flexi:
    • Fixed: Feedback of track mode was wrong.
  • Maschine JAM
    • New: Now supported by DrivenByMoss!
  • Maschine Mk3 / Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • New: Renamed template to DrivenByMoss.
    • New: Added option to configure record and shift+record in the settings.
  • Maschine Mk3
    • New: The Shift button is working!
    • New: Group buttons display now the button combination state (solo/mute/rec arm).
    • New: Rec+Group button toggles rec arm.
    • New: Shift+Solo clears the Solo state on all tracks.
    • New: Shift+Mute clears the Mute state on all tracks.
  • Kontrol Mk1
    • Fixed: Out of scale notes were lit.
Maschine JAM introduction:

https://youtu.be/Tbgi12VviHE

Enjoy!

moss wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:51 pm DrivenByMoss 12.0.0 is online!
Amazing work!

Many thanks for this update! Just took my Jam out again.
You mentioned the manual in the video, but I couldn't find a section about the Jam in the pdf. Did I miss something where to find it?
Best regards
Reinhard

• Generic Flexi:
    • Fixed: Feedback of track mode was wrong.
I confirm that it works perfectly now !

Thank you so much for your impressive work and your responsiveness.

Gil

reinhardk wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 pm Many thanks for this update! Just took my Jam out again.
You mentioned the manual in the video, but I couldn't find a section about the Jam in the pdf. Did I miss something where to find it?
Best regards
Reinhard
Oh, damn, forgot to insert the new JAM section :dog:
Meanwhile, you can read it here: https://github.com/git-moss/DrivenByMos ... ine-Jam.md

Great as Allways! :)

I just hope the Issue with the poly-Aftertouch on the launchpad x can be resolved.
Other than that i really dig working with your scripts and also got a launchcontrolxl now. Works great together.

The manual is now fixed in the download.

escapednb wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:55 pm
Great as Allways! :)

I just hope the Issue with the poly-Aftertouch on the launchpad x can be resolved.
Other than that i really dig working with your scripts and also got a launchcontrolxl now. Works great together.
As I told you I do not have the device at home, it is in my bands' rehearsal room. And since currently rehearsals cannot happen this might take a while but it is not forgotten...

moss wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:12 pm As I told you I do not have the device at home, it is in my bands' rehearsal room. And since currently rehearsals cannot happen this might take a while but it is not forgotten...
ah ok, sorry for my impatience...
Another reason why this pandemic needs to end soon :pray:

Windows 10 Pro with Bitwig Studio 3.3.7 - I guess it's related to the fact that the M32 has fixed MIDI channels (you can't do keyboard splits in Komplete Kontrol like you can do for the S-Series KK), I yesterday played with my S88 MkII und tried out sending MIDI on multiple channels to Bitwig which worked fine but I today got that error message (MIDI Output Error: KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 MIDI: Could not open MIDI output: ...) from Bitwig as well. When I in Bitwig go to the Controller preferences and set the midi out to "none" or "Microsoft GS Wavetable", the error does not come up any more and I seem to be able to use the M32 normally. I guess its not important for the M32 to receive MIDI back from Bitwig.

juergenmelzer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:39 pm Windows 10 Pro with Bitwig Studio 3.3.7 - I guess it's related to the fact that the M32 has fixed MIDI channels (you can't do keyboard splits in Komplete Kontrol like you can do for the S-Series KK), I yesterday played with my S88 MkII und tried out sending MIDI on multiple channels to Bitwig which worked fine but I today got that error message (MIDI Output Error: KOMPLETE KONTROL M32 MIDI: Could not open MIDI output: ...) from Bitwig as well. When I in Bitwig go to the Controller preferences and set the midi out to "none" or "Microsoft GS Wavetable", the error does not come up any more and I seem to be able to use the M32 normally. I guess its not important for the M32 to receive MIDI back from Bitwig.
You should definitively set the correct in-/ and output since it is important for the button states.
Sometimes Bitwig is a bit too fast with the MIDI port settings and you get the above error. In that case just start the script/extension again or restart Bitwig.
Regarding the splits you can do that in Bitwig. See my series about "Using Bitwig as a Workstation":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtSM7N4 ... SmNIVLK1Wh

Aw, not gonna put in the Maschine+ method? :P (just teasing XD ). If you weren't aware, Maschine+ works in REAPER, too, by telling it to add a MK3 and then selecting the Maschine Plus Virtual MIDI ports, just like in Bitwig.

Thanks for the update! :)

Koldunya wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:25 am Aw, not gonna put in the Maschine+ method? :P (just teasing XD ). If you weren't aware, Maschine+ works in REAPER, too, by telling it to add a MK3 and then selecting the Maschine Plus Virtual MIDI ports, just like in Bitwig.
Yes, great to hear. You also needed to make the template work.
Next update will contain full support, hopefully already later today!

DrivenByMoss 12.1.0 is online!

Get it from http://mossgrabers.de
  • Fire, Maschine, Push
    • New: Editing note pitch changes now in 0.1 steps independent of the knob speed setting.
  • Maschine+
    • New: Now supported by DrivenByMoss! I still don't have one, so fingers crossed that it works.
  • Maschine Mk2
    • New: Now supported by DrivenByMoss!
  • Maschine Mikro Mk3
    • Fixed: Stop button did not emulate Shift button.
https://youtu.be/FbcVPbhnUQg

Enjoy!

Return to “Controller Scripting”