Is Omnisphere 2 still worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dark and Light Omnisphere Explorer - Omnisphere 2 Presets

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:35 am
revvy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 am Means if you upgrade from X to X +1 you can't then sell X, you'd have to sell X + 1 no?
That's what I would imagine, but it is obvious right?

What I am understanding is that there could be two other meanings of this:

1. You simple cannot sell either version after you upgrade.
2. You can resell the upgrade license if you want to and retain the base version.

Perhaps best to write an email to Spectrasonics. I will.
Here's the answer from Spectrasonics.
When you upgrade, the Omnisphere 1 license becomes an Omnisphere 2 license.

You can choose to sell that Omnisphere 2 license but you will not be left with Omnisphere 1 since it was used to obtain an upgrade price for 2.
So, what you guys said. Now fully clear after official confirmation.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:35 pm
revvy wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:31 am Means if you upgrade from X to X +1 you can't then sell X, you'd have to sell X + 1 no?
That's what I would imagine, but it is obvious right?

What I am understanding is that there could be two other meanings of this:

1. You simple cannot sell either version after you upgrade.
2. You can resell the upgrade license if you want to and retain the base version.

Perhaps best to write an email to Spectrasonics. I will.
Here's the answer from Spectrasonics.
When you upgrade, the Omnisphere 1 license becomes an Omnisphere 2 license.

You can choose to sell that Omnisphere 2 license but you will not be left with Omnisphere 1 since it was used to obtain an upgrade price for 2.
So, what you guys said. Now fully clear after official confirmation.
Upgrading to Dune 3, will leave you with a Dune 2 copy still. I acquired the Dune 2 copy on here and it is now NT; yet, the Dune 3 copy becomes transferable. Just throwing this out there

legendCNCD wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 4:55 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:56 pm
legendCNCD wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:39 pm
ghettosynth wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:07 pm
legendCNCD wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:39 pm We are mainly combining Omni and Diva, with some added stuff from some other synths. Works perfectly for us.
Why do you need Diva if you have Omni? Omni has the Juicy filters, have you tried those?
Diva has its own characteric sound and possibilities. More like analog and Omni is more like fantasy rompler-workstation with analog alike possibilities. Both are excellent.
Can't you just replace Diva in that sentence with any synth though? Are you saying is that you don't think that Omnisphere can replace Diva? Why not?
No I find Diva to be the highest quality 'analog' VI and it has different tones in it. We went through a lot of different options before coming to these two as main synths.
All synths have "different tones" unless they are built from the same, excuse the abuse of the term, DNA. Which was my point there, that "Diva has its own characteric sound and possibilities" can be replaced with "<virtually any synth that I name> has its own characteric sound and possibilities."

So you don't think that the Juicy filters are as good as Diva's filters?

twal wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:26 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:35 pm
Upgrading to Dune 3, will leave you with a Dune 2 copy still. I acquired the Dune 2 copy on here and it is now NT; yet, the Dune 3 copy becomes transferable. Just throwing this out there
Yeah, I get it. Typically, you can sell an upgrade license as an upgrade license while retaining base copy, for example even with Komplete bundles. The thing is Omnisphere 2 actually replaces Omnisphere 1 plugin (and the license), so it becomes just Omnisphere 2. Would have been great if you were able to retain the previous version, though.

Next to Equator 2, I have to put Omnisphere 2 up there as one of my next "desert island' synths. People tend to think of it only as a rompler but it has a very thorough wavetable and synth engine with tons of filters and solid fix. They have added tons of content to it for free and it is easy to use and has tons of flexibility. I think it is a great value for the money.
For streaming and free music downloads visit http://kennethrobertsmusic.com/

BassMasterK wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:36 am Next to Equator 2, I have to put Omnisphere 2 up there as one of my next "desert island' synths. People tend to think of it only as a rompler but it has a very thorough wavetable and synth engine with tons of filters and solid fix. They have added tons of content to it for free and it is easy to use and has tons of flexibility. I think it is a great value for the money.
Thanks for your opinion. It's interesting you mention Equator 2 here, because when I started this topic I thought Equator 2 could be considered as an alternative to
Omnisphere 2. Of course, the numbers of presets is a different thing, but somehow I felt they are comparable in terms of how they sound (sampled instruments I mean). Looks like they will work together. :)
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Tue May 11, 2021 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kinh wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:53 am Shit, it's still the most powerful synth out there.
But what if you are looking for sound, not power?

Harry_HH wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 am
Kinh wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:53 am Shit, it's still the most powerful synth out there.
Good point. For sound I'd recommend Omnisphere 2.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

revvy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:19 am
Harry_HH wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:06 am
Good point. For sound I'd recommend Omnisphere 2.
:ud:

syntonica wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:15 pm It just isn't for me. I'm more angry that I feel cheated by it, due to lack of demo and bad resale policy.
My feelings exactly. Not a bad synth, just wasn't suitable for me in the end and the lack of demo and resulting $200 loss from taking a punt on it certainly left a bitter taste in the mouth. I'd like to say I learned my lesson, but I didn't because I also took a punt on Falcon (because no demo) and that didn't work out either :help: luckily the resale policy isn't punitive and I was able to sell it on for what I paid, less iLok fees.
Always Read the Manual!

I can understand the frustration, and expensive purchases always carry a risk, especially when there are transfer fees associated and the product becomes NFR. For me, the only purchases that have exceeded $200 so far have been Komplete bundles (twice), which were between $200 to $350. Omnisphere 2 is probably the only software I can think of after Komplete where I feel that I would not be disappointed. That said, it would still be a risk, although an informed one now.

ghettosynth wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:00 pm So you don't think that the Juicy filters are as good as Diva's filters?
Depends on the sound. Both have good and less used filters, Omnisphere has larger selection so less used especially the special double ones. But it really depends what is needed.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

For anyone interested in Omnisphere 2 patches, this one sounds awesome for bread and butter (and more) sounds in various categories. On sale for $25 (256 Patches, 50 Multis, 45 new Samples). Wondering if anyone already has and recommends it.

https://www.pluginguru.com/products/esc ... -flavours/

Have and recommend.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

legendCNCD wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:11 pm Have and recommend.
:tu:
I browsed their store and I think ESC Personal Flavours sounds like a great all-rounder for $25. Any other recommendation/favorite from Plugin Guru website?

By the way, beautiful music at Bandcamp. I will be exploring more. :phones:

Return to “Instruments”