E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

Yes, for certain parameters knowing the value makes sense.
The mouse wheel steps are also a bit odd. Like with the frequency knobs. Around zero using the shift key works fine, but around 5 or 7 semitones scroll steps are much more gross.

The display values such as waveforms should be in a bright color such as green, yellow or orange. The GUI is quite gloomy, anyway. Not good on the eyes. I hardly see whether the envelope sliders are at zero or not.

e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:30 am
e-crooner wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:11 pm Is there any way to turn off the retrigger mode when selecting 1 voice? I.e. no last-note priority...
Play mode is always last-note priority in Invader, but you can disable retriggering of the envelopes for overlapping notes by setting the glide option to 'auto' or 'on'.
Yes, but that's not the same thing. Especially for not so good keyboard players (like myself :hihi: ) the note priority mode in monophonic mode can screw things up.

And as said earlier already, because of the note priority mode in monophonic mode each note played should at least use its own velocity values.

e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 am Hmmm... I see Reason only supports VST2? I cannot release VST2 anymore because of licensing.
A VST3 version for OSX should be fairly easy to do.
If you previously had a VST2 licence you should still be able to make VST2 plugins.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

@e-phonic
Any chance of getting a graphical overhaul in the same beautiful fashion for Drumatic?

Or 4x oversampling :wink:

v1o wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:21 pm If you previously had a VST2 licence you should still be able to make VST2 plugins.
I never had a license, they set a deadline at some point and I missed it when I wasn't working on plugins for a while.

PhaseTransition wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:26 pm @e-phonic
Any chance of getting a graphical overhaul in the same beautiful fashion for Drumatic?
I can only do so much in my spare time. I hope to make a complete new one some day.
Creating a plugin from begin to end is quite a big project for one person I can tell you :-)

e-crooner wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:43 pm And as said earlier already, because of the note priority mode in monophonic mode each note played should at least use its own velocity values.
Agree, it would be nice to have this indeed.

e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:35 pm
I can only do so much in my spare time. I hope to make a complete new one some day.
Creating a plugin from begin to end is quite a big project for one person I can tell you :-)
Why a completely new one? :o Drumatic is good the way it is, but there are certain artifacts on high-pitched sounds at time. I think a minor update would be enough.

e-crooner wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:42 pm
e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:35 pm
Why a completely new one? :o Drumatic is good the way it is, but there are certain artifacts on high-pitched sounds at time. I think a minor update would be enough.
yeah, would also love a Drumatic 4.5, just a bigger/refined GUI, effect section improved (the gain staging with distortion is hard, maybe OS).
Would also gladly pay for that.

If there were to be a new Drumatic, which I'd desperately want, then I wouldn't mind seeing what could be done in a new version (versus a smaller update). I think from a sound engine perspective, things are pretty good as is, but I'd love to see better browsing for individual kit pieces and kits, and a nice step sequencer with flam/repeats, accents, per-lane length settings, and per-hit probability options. Wouldn't necessarily need effects but would welcome some. In reality, I'd probably process them in the DAW.

No rush though. If it took two years to get out, so be it.

e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 am Hmmm... I see Reason only supports VST2? I cannot release VST2 anymore because of licensing.
A VST3 version for OSX should be fairly easy to do.
Invader in Bitwig (vst3 then) would be already very nice to have :tu:

bought it, I'm super impressed with the sound quality and low CPU, as well as by the insanely good presets. I don't think I ever liked factory presets so much, a true masterclass in sound design for sounds that are usable. The synth sounds super fat and sexy, a synthwave must-have.

The interface is nice but it might be a tad too dark. There's a weird behavior with the envelopes; when setting the ENV1 attack really high and you modulate cutoff with ENV2 with 0 attack and a short decay you can hear the high frequency content revealed by the ENV2 modulation at a much higher volume than expected, given that the sound is just beginning to go up in volume because of the long attack. Hope I was able to get my point accross.

Thanks a lot for this awesome synth!

Some additional suggestions:

1. Would love some per-voice variation (slop). Particularly with unison enabled. Specifically: drift doesn't seem to affect the filter cutoff frequencies or envelope timings from what I can tell. Would be nice to hear multiple detuned filter voices with slightly different envelope timings and levels.

2. Mentioned this before, but keytracking on LFO1 would be killer. Even if not in time for the non-beta release. Don't even need it to go all out audio-rate, but just kind of cover that Prophet-5 LoFreq territory.

3. MIDI Learn is still high up on the list rather than having to rely on DAWs.

4. Browser/GUI should respond to up/down or left/right key commands when preset browsing to quickly change presets.

5. Small GUI bug: if I use my System-8 hardware to control some values like OSC Waveform, OSC Scale, and LFO waveform, I get graphical glitches where the UI elements scroll and get stuck in these weird in-between states. Example below:

on my side I find the interface great, really very readable and beautiful, it's very chic!
This synth is excellent in its simplicity and it's exactly the counterpoint I need when I'm a bit sick of/overwhelmed by my super modern and complex synths like Phaseplant.

Maybe it's already been mentioned but is there any plan to add mpe compatibility?

Return to “Instruments”