AIR plugins now available for Big Sur/Catalina

Official support for: www.airmusictech.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Of course not, they are a bunch of incompetent fools. It's laughable how they are trying to convince people that the new updates have Windows 10 performance improvements, when they actually only have removed the PACE/iLok installer from the package.

Their software will never get the promised update with resizable GUI's, or Big Sur support, because they simply don't have the competence to make it happen. I'm glad their software are mostly on sale, because I would feel very bad for anybody actually paying the full price. I would be so ashamed if I worked for a company like AIR.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:12 pm Of course not, they are a bunch of incompetent fools. It's laughable how they are trying to convince people that the new updates have Windows 10 performance improvements, when they actually only have removed the PACE/iLok installer from the package.

Their software will never get the promised update with resizable GUI's, or Big Sur support, because they simply don't have the competence to make it happen. I'm glad their software are mostly on sale, because I would feel very bad for anybody actually paying the full price. I would be so ashamed if I worked for a company like AIR.
Maybe you know more than I do but that seems a little strong. I do really like and appreciate what has gone into Loom II. I'm not sure what would cause them to not want to refine it and continue to improve it. Maybe they are not good at marketing. It is too bad cause Loom II is one of my all time favorite tools to work with.

killmaster wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:13 pm
starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:12 pm Of course not, they are a bunch of incompetent fools. It's laughable how they are trying to convince people that the new updates have Windows 10 performance improvements, when they actually only have removed the PACE/iLok installer from the package.

Maybe you know more than I do but that seems a little strong. I do really like and appreciate what has gone into Loom II. I'm not sure what would cause them to not want to refine it and continue to improve it. Maybe they are not good at marketing. It is too bad cause Loom II is one of my all time favorite tools to work with.
I'll probably know as little as most people hear, but it doesn't take a fool to realize that 4 years of promises is just empty promises. I would probably (with no current coding experience) have been able to re-code the plugins (at least one single plugin) to support resizing within 4 years. They have probably lost the people who coded these from the beginning, and probably the code is a total mess, and they can't afford to put even one guy full time on this. Or they simply just don't care.

Loom II is ok, but looking at the new plugins (Boom, Loom II, Drumsynth 500) released after they did promise to release updates with resizable GUI's, none of them are resizable. I'm pretty sure these were already finished (more or less), but just never released. They are not really "new" plugins.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

OK so got the "updates".

They are the same freaking versions. I bitwise compareds my current versions with the new ones, they match perfectly. They did squat for Windows (or they packed the installers wrongly). What a joke of a company.

All online stores should take a stand and stop selling their crap plugins.

That's what's kinda saddest, because they aren't crap sounding... Loom and VPro and Velvet are really really good. But the amount of incompetence in (so called) development is staggering.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:20 pm That's what's kinda saddest, because they aren't crap sounding... Loom and VPro and Velvet are really really good. But the amount of incompetence in (so called) development is staggering.
Yeah, I kind of agree they are not crap sounding. I think I have all their plugins, not using them much though. Xpand!2 is really nice sounding, and great to use as a "place holder" when sketching music.

I agree with ED on Velvet. It is quite nice and fortunately there are alot of good presets....so the fact I can't see the the GUI doesn't really matter. Boom is also very usable. I don't explore Vpro because I would really like to program it.....but can't see it. Xpand 2 is a real gem.

AIR is one of the real sad stories of software IMHO. Great stuff that needs just a little love.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 pm OK so got the "updates".

They are the same freaking versions. I bitwise compareds my current versions with the new ones, they match perfectly. They did squat for Windows (or they packed the installers wrongly). What a joke of a company.
exactly identical? Cause I wonder if they just needed to change one byte or something to allow it to be identified by the OS?

Exactly identical.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:36 pm Exactly identical.
I'm so confused. Why would they do such a thing? They worked ok for me in Big Sur but I was still hoping for some "future proof" compatibility with this update! So odd.

killmaster wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 pm
I'm so confused. Why would they do such a thing? They worked ok for me in Big Sur but I was still hoping for some "future proof" compatibility with this update! So odd.
Odd? No, after all we are trying to say that they are incompetent, that they are a joke. It's not a made up story, they really are.

starflakeprj wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:09 pm
killmaster wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:52 pm
Odd? No, after all we are trying to say that they are incompetent, that they are a joke. It's not a made up story, they really are.
Makes me want to meet them and ask them about it.

EvilDragon wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:12 pm OK so got the "updates".

It's worse that they just lie and say "improved Win 10 performance", the likes of the riser I find useful and works well in Win10 BUT don't waste my time by telling me there's an update that is the same f**king version :dog:

Ok Air I know you're not listening but here goes....First, strip out the need for iLok from your plugins. It's ridiculous to require such a copy protection scheme for plugins that routinely sell for $1,$5, or $10. I don't know how much Pace is charging you to use their service but that cost will go away.

Second, keep the low prices and I guarantee you'll sell a ton more plugins since it's the iLok virus that keeps some people from buying your plugins.

It's obvious all you care about is milking the market with your outdated plugins so what better way to do so than the steps above ?

Or alternatively you could really update your plugins to modern standards and that means GUIs that don't look like they're from 2002 and are too small to be used comfortably. If you must keep iLok make sure your plugins aren't a threat to our computers.

You've got some great synths in there like Hybrid 3, Vacuum Pro, XPand!2 etc. It's a shame that apathetic or incompetent management has handcuffed them.

I've stopped using all the Air plugins I own and there are a lot because I consider them abandoned. Releasing "updates" for the Windows platform that aren't updates at all just reinforces my opinion that Air is a company that I should abandon. Not one penny more unless there are drastic changes.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “AIR Music Technology”