73%
No, I don't
27%

Total votes: 250

RELATED
PRODUCTS

_leras wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:04 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm
_leras wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:15 pm I would just like a simple sequencer, with the things like groove/shuffle etc. Where you can trigger it from a note, so you can play a sequence with a note press and transpose it depending on the pitch of the note you play. i.e. so you can program a diy fixed/custom pattern

Some more features, like start note, direction, loop length (maybe all per note e.g. tremor) etc that can be modified would be great too. And I'm fine if it also worked with drums. :-)
You can probably build something using the arpeggiator in a note selector device.
Hey, thanks for that suggestion! I'd made the assumption that it was more just a simple up-down arp when holding a chord - didn't know it had a little sequencer it it. Will have to explore that further.

Ideally I'd have something where I can just take e.g. an existing midi clip to be triggered - but I think I can get a lot more fun out of this arp than I had thought!
The Bitwig Arp is better than it looks. Not only is it pretty capable, but with Layers, Selectors and Modulators you can do even a lot more like polyphony, randomization, changing patterns and so on. All the parameters of the Arp are modulatable. Plus over in the Inspector are some other options. The humanize function is really handy.

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 pm
_leras wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:04 pm
perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm
_leras wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:15 pm I would just like a simple sequencer, with the things like groove/shuffle etc. Where you can trigger it from a note, so you can play a sequence with a note press and transpose it depending on the pitch of the note you play. i.e. so you can program a diy fixed/custom pattern

Some more features, like start note, direction, loop length (maybe all per note e.g. tremor) etc that can be modified would be great too. And I'm fine if it also worked with drums. :-)
You can probably build something using the arpeggiator in a note selector device.
Hey, thanks for that suggestion! I'd made the assumption that it was more just a simple up-down arp when holding a chord - didn't know it had a little sequencer it it. Will have to explore that further.

Ideally I'd have something where I can just take e.g. an existing midi clip to be triggered - but I think I can get a lot more fun out of this arp than I had thought!
The Bitwig Arp is better than it looks. Not only is it pretty capable, but with Layers, Selectors and Modulators you can do even a lot more like polyphony, randomization, changing patterns and so on. All the parameters of the Arp are modulatable. Plus over in the Inspector are some other options. The humanize function is really handy.
Yes. I’m transitioning to using the arp for most of my sequencing needs.

Even though I’ve been using BW for over a year, I still feel like I’m transitioning to understanding exactly what it is. For the most part I’m using it like a regular DAW but in reality it’s more like an instrument itself. Slowly, it’s replaced many plugins, other than vintage analog emulations and other specific non linear processors. I still wish it offered true console style feedback. For example, just allowing 0ms in delay 4 would suffice.

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 pm The Bitwig Arp is better than it looks. Not only is it pretty capable, but with Layers, Selectors and Modulators you can do even a lot more like polyphony, randomization, changing patterns and so on. All the parameters of the Arp are modulatable. Plus over in the Inspector are some other options. The humanize function is really handy.
And yet the manual only says...

17.13.1. Arpeggiator
An arpeggiator, which rhythmically cycles through the notes being held in a set order. For each beat, the specified note(s) is output with a set velocity and for a set duration.

<face palm>

_leras wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 pm The Bitwig Arp is better than it looks. Not only is it pretty capable, but with Layers, Selectors and Modulators you can do even a lot more like polyphony, randomization, changing patterns and so on. All the parameters of the Arp are modulatable. Plus over in the Inspector are some other options. The humanize function is really handy.
And yet the manual only says...

17.13.1. Arpeggiator
An arpeggiator, which rhythmically cycles through the notes being held in a set order. For each beat, the specified note(s) is output with a set velocity and for a set duration.

<face palm>
:dog:

pdxindy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:57 pm
_leras wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm 17.13.1. Arpeggiator

<face palm>
Thanks for pointing that out. Seems better than I thought. Some fun to be had I think with the fact you can automate the arpeggiator speed in ms, and that you can record the midi output. Nice!

I wish I could use the midi notes in a clip though, or at least be able to drag in a midi that I wanted to use.

There are two main features from Step Sequencers like in FLStudio, Studio One and also in Tracker software that I miss in Bitwig.
These are typical features that I guess could easily be impemented into Bitwig without the need of a whole new Step Sequencer device.
So if anyone knows if that already works or if there is a good workaround, please let me know:

A) Shared Clips/Patterns
Changes you made in the current clip are reflected automatically in all shared clips without the need of manually adjusting every single clip in the arranger.

B) Shift Wrap
If you shift a line of notes for ex to the right, they are currently moved out of the clip area.
A Step Sequencer would wrap in the notes that "fall out" to the right at the beginning (left side) of the clip.
And the other way around if you shift them left.
People who have never used this feature often cannot imagine on how fast and inspiring this can be for drum programming.

lapidar wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:06 pmIf you shift a line of notes for ex to the right, they are currently moved out of the clip area.A Step Sequencer would wrap in the notes that "fall out" to the right at the beginning (left side) of the clip.And the other way around if you shift them left.
Can't verify this right now, but wouldn't enabling loop (for the clip, in Inspector) do that?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:20 pm Can't verify this right now, but wouldn't enabling loop (for the clip, in Inspector) do that?
Good idea. I just tried but unfortunately it does not seem to work...

_leras wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:20 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:57 pm
_leras wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:50 pm 17.13.1. Arpeggiator

<face palm>
Thanks for pointing that out. Seems better than I thought. Some fun to be had I think with the fact you can automate the arpeggiator speed in ms, and that you can record the midi output. Nice!

I wish I could use the midi notes in a clip though, or at least be able to drag in a midi that I wanted to use.
Couple held notes and using one instance of the Bitwig arp with some modulation

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/b-arp7.mp3

lapidar wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:40 am
antic604 wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:20 pm Can't verify this right now, but wouldn't enabling loop (for the clip, in Inspector) do that?
Good idea. I just tried but unfortunately it does not seem to work...
You should shift the loop start instead of the notes. With loop enabled, of course.

pdxindy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:41 pm Couple held notes and using one instance of the Bitwig arp with some modulation

Nice - is that with Polymer or Phase-4?

_leras wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:55 pm
pdxindy wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:41 pm Couple held notes and using one instance of the Bitwig arp with some modulation

That is Hive...

pdxindy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:15 pm

That is Hive...
Sounds great - good work. I think it can do some nice 'real' type instruments since 2.1 - as proven here!

_leras wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:11 pm
pdxindy wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:15 pm

That is Hive...
Sounds great - good work. I think it can do some nice 'real' type instruments since 2.1 - as proven here!
I love the new comb filters in 2.1... they sound great. This sound was from a new internal beta which should be public real soon (2.1.1). No new features, but the sound engine was redone so that unused modules have reduced cpu hit. On simple presets, the cpu can be as little as half. Substantial cpu savings and same great sound!

Return to “Bitwig”