Fabfilter announce TIMELESS 3 !!!!!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relativity for Timeless 3 Timeless 3

Sampleconstruct wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:28 pm Processing a few piano notes with a custom preset in Timeless 3 which uses pitch shifting and filtering, tweaking things on the fly.

https://youtu.be/oSeaHqpkglk
I thought I heard Tibetan throat singing at one point--cool where Timeless can take you.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Anyone also own Blue Cat Late Replies? Does Timeless 3 do stuff that Late Replies cannot?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

yes: modulation! :party:

just started to play with the demo too. Very early initial impressions so far: very nice modern digital sound, but as i'm still trying to figure very simple things out that were piss easy to do in T2 but seemingly can't find them in T3 like the “offset dots“ around the delay time knob that seem to be absent somehow and i can't seem to find any mouse modifiers nor clicks to manage this in an efficient way yet.
Of course i can manually enter the % value per text input, but this seriously can't be the only way? :oops:
Funnily, these dots are still present for the LFO offset
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

That width and mix circular slider though :bang:

FapFilter wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:54 pm yes: modulation! :party:

just started to play with the demo too. Very early initial impressions so far: very nice modern digital sound, but as i'm still trying to figure very simple things out that were piss easy to do in T2 but seemingly can't find them in T3 like the “offset dots“ around the delay time knob that seem to be absent somehow and i can't seem to find any mouse modifiers nor clicks to manage this in an efficient way yet.
Of course i can manually enter the % value per text input, but this seriously can't be the only way? :oops:
Funnily, these dots are still present for the LFO offset
Amen! I find myself missing those dots too. :(

Though I have gotten used to typing either 'd' or 't' in the tiny text fields but the dots would definitely be quicker when I'm lazy and just using the mouse.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

i f**king hated offset dots i never could remember which is which.

typing D or T is clever tho

It's a great improvement on v2!

There are many creative users for the modulation.
Here's a quick tip for "unobtrusive" delay that sits easily in the mix

I sometimes put a transient designer ahead of reverbs and delays to soften the effect when I want a bit of room/space for the sound that does not clutter up the mix too much.

With Timeless 3 you can do this without using an extra plugin by using a a triggered short envelope to diminish the input volume. Neat!
Last edited by el davo on Thu May 13, 2021 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

If anyone uses UVI Relayer, which seems to be a similarly-competent delay plugin in the "do everything and do it great" realm, how do you find it to be different? Timeless looks and sounds amazing, UVI Relayer seems like it can do... pretty much the same things and maybe more but with probably a bit more tedious a workflow?

And then there's MTurboReverb's early reflections section which can function as a delay and comes with the added bonus of one of the things I most want to do with a delay plugin, which is messing around with early reflections. And has IR-analysis, but otherwise probably the most eye-watering workflow.

E_Anderson wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:19 am If anyone uses UVI Relayer, which seems to be a similarly-competent delay plugin in the "do everything and do it great" realm, how do you find it to be different? Timeless looks and sounds amazing, UVI Relayer seems like it can do... pretty much the same things and maybe more but with probably a bit more tedious a workflow?

And then there's MTurboReverb's early reflections section which can function as a delay and comes with the added bonus of one of the things I most want to do with a delay plugin, which is messing around with early reflections. And has IR-analysis, but otherwise probably the most eye-watering workflow.
Relayer is great but doesn't have pitch shifting and only 2 FX modules.

yes relayer and late are different ( i own it too.)
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

Sampleconstruct wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:25 am Relayer is great but doesn't have pitch shifting and only 2 FX modules.
Thanks, Simon and jonalyn. That pretty much seals the deal for me on Timeless vs. Relayer, then. I’m already impressed with how easy Timeless looks to use and how good those effects sound... If there’s no way to adjust which tap starts the next feedback cycle like there is in Relayer, one could just throw on a second delay ;)

E_Anderson wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:09 am
Sampleconstruct wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:25 am Relayer is great but doesn't have pitch shifting and only 2 FX modules.
Thanks, Simon and jonalyn. That pretty much seals the deal for me on Timeless vs. Relayer, then. I’m already impressed with how easy Timeless looks to use and how good those effects sound... If there’s no way to adjust which tap starts the next feedback cycle like there is in Relayer, one could just throw on a second delay ;)
It's actually very easy to adjust the "taps cycle" for level/timing/panning, possibly easier than Relayer.

On the other hand, Timeless seems to support up to 16 taps, whereas Relayer goes up to 32 and seems better suited/organized to manage higher tap counts, like above 10, at least in my opinion...

I'ts also not so easy (or maybe even possible, I haven't tried) to set an effect amount to the individual taps, as it's easily done in Relayer, which also comes with some effects not available in Timeless.

I already have/love Relayer and I downloaded the Timeless demo just out of boredom and pretty much zero expectations, but it only took me a few minutes with an initialized preset to get very impressed by how nice it is to tweak for experimental stuff.
The way you can set filter in the feedback loop (in Pro-Q style) in all kinds of shapes is a literal joy to use.
At this point I'm sure I'll buy it but I'm really not in a hurry.

I feel like neither replaces the other one. They have different functions and fundamentally different workflows which are naturally going to inspire and provide significantly different results.
And to me it's pretty much all that matters (aside from meeting certain sound quality standards).
Last edited by Niowiad on Thu May 13, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relayer reminds me of Logic's Delay Designer.
Timeless imo is more of an analogue style delay with some multi-tap functionality, but not nearly as much as true-multi taps like Relayer.
I'm not a big fan of multitaps anyway, but i don't think Relayer and timeless are all that similar either.

Return to “Effects”