Favorite granular effect?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I more or less use Ribs, but I’m curious to hear what your favorite granular effect is. I’m not talking about something like Padshop Pro, I’m talking about something that you apply to live audio.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Crusher-x is amazing, it’s an effect and instrument. It’s very very deep.
Give it a demo.

Crusher-X undoubtedly.

I've been very pleased with Output's Portal. Before that I was using Reaktor's modular environment. But something about Portal's workflow and sound just seem to check all the right boxes. Every session that I'm working on has multiple instances. I have to maintain some amount of discipline because it's so fun to get into "loop mode" and play around for hours. That is a sign of a good plugin in my opinion.

morphex wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 am I've been very pleased with Output's Portal. Before that I was using Reaktor's modular environment. But something about Portal's workflow and sound just seem to check all the right boxes. Every session that I'm working on has multiple instances. I have to maintain some amount of discipline because it's so fun to get into "loop mode" and play around for hours. That is a sign of a good plugin in my opinion.
Is there a demo of Portal? I can't for the life of me find it. I thought if I installed their installation utility I'd get an option of installing demos, but I can't find it.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Dust or crusher-X

c_voltage wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:46 pm Crusher-X undoubtedly.
yup, more than the king of granular, it's a god!

+1 for Portal.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

IIRC Portal got a 10/10 rating in Computer Music magazine.
It's in my buy list.
What has been the lowest sale price up to now?

it is what you want, but it seems, that Crusher-X, is of course king of granular. yes i have it..
i don't have Portal.

but Crusher-X, expensive, yes, but worth it!

don't have Dust also. but if i have to choose: Silo, o no; Dust..

i don't have all granulars! but still nice ones.. although Silo is Marmite, and Dust or Portal, i can't compare, have more potential, i still like the results i get with Silo, that i now mainly use, slicing samples from own recordings, to sampler, and Silo as effect..
great textures. when you dial in, all, yourself. that's how i learn a new plugin...

new kid in town; only M4L, says also standalone (does not state if MAX is necessary);

https://www.audiobulb.com/GRAINSCAPE.htm

ow this is another granular thread, there are 3 now.... this is for Effects.

beside Delta-V Audio Spacecraft (great!) and Crusher-X no granular FX, beside Voltage Modular/Softube Modular, and i think i forget some effects... o yes, byome/triad, MGranularMB, i have..

MGranularMB, don't underestimate it's possibilities. but you have to like Melda, like Marmite..

and Silo, for me, is tasty. Unfiltered Audio Silo..

u-he Uhbik-G for quick&dirty
+1 for Melda MGranularMB

WasteLand wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:14 pm Delta-V Audio Spacecraft (great!)
Hm did not see it, need will check.

zerocrossing wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:09 am
morphex wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:42 am I've been very pleased with Output's Portal. Before that I was using Reaktor's modular environment. But something about Portal's workflow and sound just seem to check all the right boxes. Every session that I'm working on has multiple instances. I have to maintain some amount of discipline because it's so fun to get into "loop mode" and play around for hours. That is a sign of a good plugin in my opinion.
Is there a demo of Portal? I can't for the life of me find it. I thought if I installed their installation utility I'd get an option of installing demos, but I can't find it.
There is no demo, but they have a 14-day return policy and it works. It is available for $96 right now (35% off), so a good time to try it. Be sure to buy it directly from Output so that there is no problem with refunds in case you don't like it. Also please not that they don't allow license transfers - I begged with them literally twice in last two months, but they simply don't listen. So, get the refund in time if you don't like it. That said, Portal is a great plugin.

Output is not well known when it comes to supporting their plugins much after the release and don't even care to fix bugs - not that there are many/show stoppers, but it's always nice to see some small enhancements and bug-fix updates.
Last edited by LoveEnigma18 on Thu May 13, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kalamata Kid wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:57 pm IIRC Portal got a 10/10 rating in Computer Music magazine.
It's in my buy list.
What has been the lowest sale price up to now?
Portal is at its best price right now, $96, until one more week. Remember that license transfers are not possible, so buying it during the sale is little less risky. Of course, you can get a refund within two weeks if you don't like, but for this to work, you need to buy directly from Output.

If you are sure you want it, you can sign up on Time+Space and use your loyalty points to bring it further lower than $96.

Just going to mention SaltyGrain because it's been around for 10 years or so (around 20 if you count its freeware predecessor). No fancy grain window, but here's the obligatory Richard Devine preset showcase extravaganza: https://youtu.be/MsSr3vNKOb8

Return to “Effects”