Roland Cloud

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
JX-3P Roland Cloud

So it's not a life time key. It's a seven day key that automatically renews itself once every week (if all goes well and more often than not it doesn't).

As soon as this renewal fails for whatever reason the license (and the money) is gone forever. Now it's the job of the customer to bring this software back to life by contacting the support (when the CRM system fails) or contact his lawyers (when the servers go down). The cloud provider has no reason to care. He has the money.

Shiek927 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm So~! what are you guys hoping for next from Roland Cloud?
1. That they fix Roland Cloud Manager (RCM).
Out of all >10 license-/download managers I have, RCM is by far the buggiest, slowest and offers the poorest download speed.
That alone makes it impossible for me to recommend RC to anyone.

2. Focus on dedicated synths, instead of Zenology expansions and loads of sample packs

3. Make a big effort to reduce CPU load

4. Allow users to properly choose VST2 location. And a another folder dedicated for the huge libraries.
The VST-inventors Steinberg has from the beginning used C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins as the proper De Facto standard on Windows machines.
Ignoring this standard will inevitably cause problems for users - and thus also for support teams.
Follow the standard Roland!

5. Re-introduce the loyalty offers to all users who have subscribed (either annually or monthly) to RC for years now.
Two synths per subscribed year.
(So if you have been using RC since 2018 you should have 6 free lifetime synths by the end of 2021.)

Shiek927 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm So~! what are you guys hoping for next from Roland Cloud?
A lot better optimized CPU
Better browser that do not lock the DAW out
All 1080 expansions under one plugin (please)
and JD990 :)

andypryce wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 pm All 1080 expansions under one plugin (please)
You get that once you add the EXZ expansions into Zenology Pro.

A way to easily move presets/tones between the Jupiter X/Xm.

T11 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:52 pm
Out of all >10 license-/download managers I have, RCM is by far the buggiest, slowest and offers the poorest download speed.

2. Focus on dedicated synths, instead of Zenology expansions and loads of sample packs

4. Allow users to properly choose VST2 location. And a another folder dedicated for the huge libraries.
The VST-inventors Steinberg has from the beginning used C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins as the proper De Facto standard on Windows machines.
Ignoring this standard will inevitably cause problems for users - and thus also for support teams.

5. Re-introduce the loyalty offers to all users who have subscribed (either annually or monthly) to RC for years now.
(So if you have been using RC since 2018 you should have 6 free lifetime synths by the end of 2021.)
I'd also add...

6. Lifetime Keys should require one authorization per machine.
Enough with phoning home every few days. It's annoying when it suddenly fails to authorize and I have to go hunting for my RC passwords.

7. Allow users to manage authorized machines via RC, de-eauthorize old PCs.
Pretty sure it already does this. But ties into issue above.

T11 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:52 pm

^^^ THIS ^^^

(BUT i HAVE LITTLE HOPES ABOUT IT)
T11 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:52 pm 4. Allow users to properly choose VST2 location. And a another folder dedicated for the huge libraries.
Actually, THERE ISN'T a standard. That's why, as you said, Roland should have an option in Roland Cloud Manager to choose the place where to install the DLL files. Although C:\Program Files\VstPlugIns may work for some, others may have a different default directory (I now have C:\Proigram Files\Common Files\VST2).

But this isn't the only problem. In some systems, RCM fails to install updates, and we have to manually uninstall older versions in order to be able to install newer versions. Also, sometimes RCM itself doesn't update properly. Not to mention all the times downloads fail. This is a complete mess.

And they keep launching sounds and Zenology expansions, and nothing else. I am becoming tired of Roland Cloud.
Last edited by fmr on Wed May 12, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

sinemotor wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:41 pm
andypryce wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:22 pm All 1080 expansions under one plugin (please)
You get that once you add the EXZ expansions into Zenology Pro.
No you don't. It's NOT the same engine.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:02 amNo you don't. It's NOT the same engine
Zenology Pro/Zen-Core is the latest version of Roland's 4-partials engine. It contains recreations of every XV-5080 and SRXs patches and let's be honest those patches sound virtually the same as those found on the XV/SRX VSTs (reverb and delay aside since Zen doesn't have these...). The good thing is that you can mix and match different SRXs (EXZ) PCM samples into a single Zenology patch.

sinemotor wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:42 pm
fmr wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:02 amNo you don't. It's NOT the same engine
Zenology Pro/Zen-Core is the latest version of Roland's 4-partials engine. It contains recreations of every XV-5080 and SRXs patches and let's be honest those patches sound virtually the same as those found on the XV/SRX VSTs (reverb and delay aside since Zen doesn't have these...). The good thing is that you can mix and match different SRXs (EXZ) PCM samples into a single Zenology patch.
Some of them don't sound the same... "virtually" or "no virtually". This has already been discussed and proven. Sure, the engines are close, as are "ALL" Roland PCM engines. You admited that yourself in what concerns the effects. XV-5080 also features a later version of the same PCM engine that powers JD-800 and JD-990, yet they don' sound the same.
sinemotor wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:42 pm The good thing is that you can mix and match different SRXs (EXZ) PCM samples into a single Zenology patch.
You should be able to do that in JV-1080 and XV-5080 too. You can't simply because Roland didn't program them that way (when they should). It's absurd having to load the same engine with a different skin each time we want a different SRX.
Fernando (FMR)

I sent a question over to RC support back on January 4th and finally received an email from them on May 10th saying they are sorry they didn't get back to me. They didn't answer my question though and it looked like an automated copy-and-pasted text. It mentioned to reply to their email if I still had an issue. I did reply, and it's been 3 days with no answer.

Examigan wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:54 am I sent a question over to RC support back on January 4th and finally received an email from them on May 10th saying they are sorry they didn't get back to me. They didn't answer my question though and it looked like an automated copy-and-pasted text. It mentioned to reply to their email if I still had an issue. I did reply, and it's been 3 days with no answer.
Yes, I think they've possibly restarted some long borked system because I also got email responses from an overpayments issue raised about three or four months ago though thankfully an actual human being at Roland had fixed it in the interim.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I wonder if they are going through a huge backlog of emails now, as I still haven't heard from them. I replied to their email (which didn't answer my original question) 5 days ago. :?
Last edited by Examigan on Tue May 18, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I cancelled after the first year subscription (to get my 2 free) and still have access to everything as if I am subscribed.
I don't use it anyway, not even my 2 free...better stuff has come along and I just cant be bothered having it installed.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Hi friends! Brian from Roland Cloud here. I wanted to stop by with a couple things.

Our Darkwave by Joman and EDM by Alin Dimitriu Sample Packs are live now on the Roland Cloud.

Roland Cloud Sample Packs are premium collections of royalty-free WAV files for sample-based music production. Crafted by top sound designers, each Sample Pack focuses on a specific genre and includes a variety of musical phrase loops, drum loops, and one-shot samples to generate ideas and help you build pro tracks fast. For more info, check em out here.
https://rolandcloud.com/news/darkwave-a ... -available

Also, we've been hard at work on the platform and we are happy to share our latest 2.5.13 build. This version features several improvements to the performance and load time of Roland Cloud Manager.

2.5.13 Release Notes

Fixed: Updating from 2.5.11 (see instructions below)
Improved: Streamlined network usage due to better handling of cached resources
Improved: Scaling support for Windows laptops with a single monitor
Fixed: CPU and disk usage during startup
Fixed: Incorrect hardware plugin downloads
Fixed: Error that prevents users from authenticating within plugins
Fixed: Cart page now differentiates between one or multiple items
Fixed: Hardware tab series discrepancies
Fixed: Crashes related to automatic downloads
Fixed: Crashes related to macOS laptops waking up from sleep mode
Fixed: Language dropdown menu discrepancies
Fixed: Streamlined "Send My Logs" functionality

For more info, check out our news page here.
https://rolandcloud.com/news/important- ... r-update-1

A direct link to the update is available here.
https://www.roland.com/download_roland_cloud_manager/

As always, please feel free to reach out to me or to our support department if you need assistance. We're always happy to help. Thanks! :)

Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”