DelSane - Stereo Tape Delay from Rob Papen

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian
927 posts since 6 Jun, 2003 from Reading UK. (U rrrrrrs)

Post Sat May 01, 2021 8:01 am

simmo75 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:40 am
Thanks for your help hesnotthemessiah!
Much appreciated. That’s pushed me into a purchase ;)
(Great handle btw!)
Happy to help. The sidechain option for the envelope follower, which Rob Papen has said will be introduced soon, will add a whole new level of creative possibilities. :hyper:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

KVRAF
10982 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Sat May 01, 2021 10:13 am

hesnotthemessiah wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 6:27 am
simmo75 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:30 pm
hesnotthemessiah wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 pm
Loads of creative options. Great results can be easily achieved with the well designed GUI. Great customer service - got a very helpful response, within under an hour, after requesting a couple of features. And, even as an Explorer 6 owner, the price just seals the deal for me. Thankyou Rob :party:
Thanks, I’m more interested in how good the plugin is to be honest.

Is there an LFO to modulate that fader?
From the DelSane guide:-

Disrupt Lazy Mode

This feature appears on the right-hand side next to the Sphere-Slider.
When 'Lazy Mode' is turned ‘On’ the Disrupt Slider acts as an LFO (a Low Frequency Oscillator). This LFO can be synced
to the host's tempo (QB) or otherwise its period is set in milliseconds (ms). The speed is set by the 'Lazy Speed' dial.
Clicking on the Arrow icons in the right-hand side of the screen will allow you to control how the ‘Disrupt SphereSlider’ works.
Double Arrows Selected – the ‘Disrupt Sphere-Slider’ can go left or right, so producing negative and positive
modulations.
Left Arrow Only Selected – the ‘Disrupt Sphere-Slider’ can only go to the left of the Center point, so producing only
negative modulations.
Right Arrow Only Selected – the ‘Disrupt Sphere-Slider’ can only go to the right of the Center point, so producing only
positive modulations.
Half Left Arrow Selected - the ‘Disrupt Sphere-Slider’ travels to the left and then will spring back to the Center and
then repeat, producing repeating falling negative modulations.
Half Right Arrow Selected - the ‘Disrupt Sphere-Slider’ travels to the right and then will spring back to the Center and
then repeat, producing repeating rising positive modulations
Seems like a bit of a waste to not offer additional waveforms. Maybe even a way to draw your own waves.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

KVRAF
10982 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Sat May 01, 2021 10:17 am

hesnotthemessiah wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:48 pm
Loads of creative options. Great results can be easily achieved with the well designed GUI. Great customer service - got a very helpful response, within under an hour, after requesting a couple of features. And, even as an Explorer 6 owner, the price just seals the deal for me. Thankyou Rob :party:
The customer service is amazing. I had them answer a question about Blade in an hour or two and I’m in the USA.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

KVRAF
1742 posts since 8 Jun, 2018

Post Fri May 14, 2021 5:36 am

an update, and not a small one;

from the email;

"we have updated DelSane, adding VST3 support, Side Chain, and other very neat features (...)

Here is a detailed list of new DelSane 1.0.1 features:

VST3 support.
Dial Animation On/Off.
Delay Rectify Distortion.
Delay Pan.
Disrupt ‘Wet Volume’ control.
Audio Follower input selector with: Input, side input, delay output, and output.
MIDI & MOD 1 and 2 available.
Drag & Drop of dials for the 'Audio Follower', and 'MIDI & MOD 1/2 destination slots.
(also via right-click menu)
Expanded Destinations for the ‘Audio Follower’ and, ‘MIDI & MOD 1 / 2’.
Delay destinations include: Delay Sample Rate and Delay Bit Rate for LoFi sounds.
Expand Sources for Midi & Mod 1 / 2.
Lazy LFO Trigger via Midi & Mod 1 / 2.
Unlimited Feedback feature (appearing on the back panel)
Plus lots of other small fixes & improvements.
"

https://youtu.be/P4A6eeiydo8
take me as apple as reed-son as flesh-icon, immediately
shits the wise man. hero and blind. take me as
stick as tongue as dog... Music & Soundscraping

Return to “Effects”