Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm Nice one! Glad you are digging it. We have good trance heritage at Sonic Academy with me (Coast 2 Coast) Chris (Agnelli and Nelson) and Nate (who also works at KVR now) as Protoculture and Shadow Chronicles.

I always had trance as a major pillar when designing ANA 2. We spent a lot of time on make a really good super saw with minimal phasing.

Let me know if there are any psy sounds you are struggling to create and I can have a go for you
Hi Phil! I would like you please to help me with the main sounds of astrix beyond the senses and also binary finary.. the 1999 kaycee version.. it is on YouTube. .. I am also lookimg for those classic vox stabs of the trance era like in binary finary and Sunbeam Outside world.. if you could guide in in the making of those sounds that would be awesome if you can please?

Cool, willl have a go on monday

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm Let me know if there are any psy sounds you are struggling to create and I can have a go for you
Great, will keep that in mind ! I also bought the Shadow Chronicles psy course, so this will keep me busy for a while.

Agnelli and Nelson does ring a bell (Holding on to Nothing :phones: ) and I think I heard every track released by Nate - still think Circadians was his best work tho, but his comeback into psy as Shadow Chronicles is very impressive.

Yes, the supersaw does sound good in Ana! (I've got a Virus TI to compare)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:30 pm Cool, willl have a go on monday

Thank you very much!

I downloaded ANA 2 via my Slate Digital All Access Subscription.

They have it at ver. 2.0.9.4 at this time, how do I get the latest version ? and why is Slate Digital not showing the latest version of ANA 2 ?

Maybe they need to be notified, or ... ?

Muziksculp wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:40 pm I downloaded ANA 2 via my Slate Digital All Access Subscription.

They have it at ver. 2.0.9.4 at this time, how do I get the latest version ? and why is Slate Digital not showing the latest version of ANA 2 ?

Slate version is on a slightly different time frame. We have supplied them with latestest builds. I think they are doing some extra stuff!

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:06 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:40 pm I downloaded ANA 2 via my Slate Digital All Access Subscription.

Slate version is on a slightly different time frame. We have supplied them with latestest builds. I think they are doing some extra stuff!
You mean they are re-editing your code ? adding their code ? Why would they do that ?

Muziksculp wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:11 pm

You mean they are re-editing your code ? adding their code ? Why would they do that ?
No functional changes, they are just adding more additional content and skins etc.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:30 pm
Muziksculp wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:11 pm

No functional changes, they are just adding more additional content and skins etc.
Oh.. OK, I see.

Hopefully they will release the update soon.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey guys speaking of new content. I am really enjoying the new convolution reverb and intend on sharing some custom IRs with the ANA community.

I assume I cant just share a preset with a custom IR. I would also have to include the IR files and the user would have to place them in the IR user folder of there version in order for it to show up in the preset. Is this correct?
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:46 pm I assume I cant just share a preset with a custom IR
I think that's fair, as presets are supposed to incorporate "vector information", so to speak, along with pointers to wavetables, samples and other "raster" elements.
Otherwise people wouldn't be encouraged to make reusable libraries as a base for presets, and we would have billions presets with gigabytes audio material in each. HORRIBLE
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

duplicate
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

Dencheg wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:14 pm
Scrubbing Monkeys wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:46 pm I assume I cant just share a preset with a custom IR
I think that's fair, as presets are supposed to incorporate "vector information", so to speak, along with pointers to wavetables, samples and other "raster" elements.
Otherwise people wouldn't be encouraged to make reusable libraries as a base for presets, and we would have billions presets with gigabytes audio material in each. HORRIBLE

Agreed but there are situations where wavetables are incorporated into the Presets and an additional file is not required.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

I wasn’t aware if it was valid for ANA 2. Also fair point - if wavetables are embeddable then it would be logical for other elements to be embeddable.
Though it’s not something easy to correct in a minor release, and there might be some internal reasoning with codebase.

recursive one wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:24 pm Great, I just bought Ana the other week :)

Really enjoying the synth...
I also just bought ANA 2 recently and it's already found a place in the handful of synths that would make it to the proverbial desert island...

ANA 2 has a lot of flexibility and sonic possibilities :tu:
Last edited by digitalboytn on Fri May 14, 2021 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No auto tune...

Return to “Instruments”