F'em

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gerk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 pm
dvnation wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:47 pm
gerk wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 pm
dvnation wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:29 pm Arturia's thing is going to be free so yay.
And I got Reason's Algoritm for free so double yay.

Spoiled brat? Maybe.
How did you get Algoritm for free?
I won the Reasontalk Algoritm song contest: https://www.reasontalk.com/2021/03/algo ... e-winners/
I cannot tell from that song if you love or loathe the 80s.
I thought the eighties was good until December 31st 1981. Then it wasn't.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Yeah, the 80's were only good because the 70's weren't that far away...
Waveform 11; Win10 desktop/8 Gig; Win8 Laptop 4Gig; MPK261; VFX+disfunctional ESQ-1

Peter Widdicombe wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:45 pm Yeah, the 80's were only good because the 70's weren't that far away...
:wink:
I can relate to that; much of the music that influenced me is from the 70's. I do like of lot of 80's stuff, too.

But on topic, I think we're getting close if the product is in the hands of the preset designers. Maybe a few weeks more? I can hope.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

TSC wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:01 pm We are definitely in labor right now - and yes, you need the image of Wolfram with his legs up in the birthing position in your head for easter weekend :)
Maybe more like Memorial Day or even July 4th instead of Easter... :hihi:

Anybody heard of this mother trucker? 😂🤠☕
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Looks like it was released https://www.tracktion.com/products/f-em
I'm having a lot of fun!

:party:

Screenshot_20210531_215116.png
First look and I found toggle switches hard to distinguish between on and off:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yeah, that's pretty unclear. grey would be better, or a slightly different icon.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

yes, greyed or crossed

It seems like F'em has some hiccups on Apple Silicon. On my Mac mini M1 (OS and Logic at current versions), it takes almost ten seconds to bring up an instance in Logic (I've done it a number of times and it does not change), but what's worse, it seems impossible to get the factory content installed.

I've tried using the Traction Download Manager to download and install the content at least five times. The download completes and Download Manager deletes the installer from my Downloads folder (even if I set it to *not* auto-install), and I have no idea where the content is going. The plugin doesn't see it either. Searching my drive turns up nothing. So, I don't have the greatest first impression.

So far, the demo is working fine on my modest Windows 10 system. :party:

As for those toggle switches, I agree. At first glance, it's a bit awkward to tell which are on and which are off. That said, when you actually toggle them on and off, the difference is then quite obvious. I agree, it would be better to have them go gray when off. It would also be nice, if they could be significantly brighter when on.
I'm involved with photography & audio. For more info, take a look at my site:
GlenVision.com

Ok, I am very interested in F'em and maybe it's an impressive synth, but I am not so very pleased about the aggressive F.'em Synth Introduction video.
horst

OK- have to make an account to demo- fair enough...
Downloaded- have to log in to active...fair enough...
No pre-sets- have to download and install a separate download manager to get pre-sets?

I simply cant be bothered...deleted.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Worth the hassle IMO but I agree there are too many steps to get the demo up and running. It's like they don't actually want you to try the thing.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Return to “Tracktion”