Sonic Academy ANA 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA 2

The content is what takes up the majority of the size… the actual PC vst file is 30mb. So wouldn’t make much difference to split them.

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:18 pm Hi All

V2.0.98 available now in your Sonic Academy account area

- FIXED: Issue where some waveforms would not load into OSC 1/2/3 on Windows
- FIXED: DAW Freezing issues
- FIXED: Bug with GUI load / memory use
- FIXED: Some issues with GUI assets

v2.0.97
- 57 New Waveforms added to the Factory Bank

v2.0.97b
- FIXED: Preset ordering not being recalled
- FIXED: VST3 not outputting audio behaving oddly on Windows
- FIXED: Font scaling issue
- FIXED: Tooltip display bug on M1

Guaranteed I won't lose my favourites on mac again?
rsp
sound sculptist

I hope Slates version doesn´t take that long as their old ANA2 version constantly crashes my Cubase, I really would like to use it again

v2.0.98 hasn't fixed any GUI issues on my rig.
The plugin still takes 10 seconds or so to load the GUI. Every time it's loaded or even just opening the GUI on a working instance..

both Live 9 and Cubase 9.5
OS 10.14.6

I notice the Wavetables I've created using DUNE 3 do not work properly in ANA 2. When morphing through the WTs ANA steps through each position rather than smoothly interpolating between the waves.

Those WTs work just fine in Hive 2, Vital and of course DUNE 3 and can be swept smoothly.

Here's a test WT with only 4 slots to keep it simple.

Test WT 051421-1.zip
Am I missing some Interpolation parameter ? I didn't see one in the manual.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Often when I switch presets, no sound comes when playing notes, even while the bars are showing audio levels. But no sound is heard. This has always been happening, including the latest update. Some presets will sound but others won't. I have to delete the plugin and re-load it and then the presets will usually be audible that weren't heard before.

Anyone else get this?

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:57 pm Often when I switch presets, no sound comes when playing notes, even while the bars are showing audio levels. But no sound is heard. This has always been happening, including the latest update. Some presets will sound but others won't. I have to delete the plugin and re-load it and then the presets will usually be audible that weren't heard before.

Anyone else get this?
Is it the same presets? Could you note one down next time this happens?

Ummmm......
Teksonik wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 1:25 am I notice the Wavetables I've created using DUNE 3 do not work properly in ANA 2. When morphing through the WTs ANA steps through each position rather than smoothly interpolating between the waves.

Those WTs work just fine in Hive 2, Vital and of course DUNE 3 and can be swept smoothly.

Here's a test WT with only 4 slots to keep it simple.

Test WT 051421-1.zip

Am I missing some Interpolation parameter ? I didn't see one in the manual.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I can't believe it.
I have lost my favourites again.
I checked them a minute ago before I updated and updated and yep gone again from the factory bank
This is so ridiculous.
Mac Cubase Big Sur.
rsp
sound sculptist

Seems that the favouites on mac tagging is stored in the presets themselves (or some folder in the ANA2 folder in Library/Application Support/Sonic Academy) so when an update rewrites the factory presets wipes out the tagging.

Fortunately time machine saved the day.
But come on.
This is really ridiculous.
rsp
sound sculptist

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:57 pm Often when I switch presets, no sound comes when playing notes, even while the bars are showing audio levels. But no sound is heard. This has always been happening, including the latest update. Some presets will sound but others won't. I have to delete the plugin and re-load it and then the presets will usually be audible that weren't heard before.

Anyone else get this?
I was having a similar issue in Bitwig 3.3 on Windows 10 with the vst3 version of ANA2. The first preset I clicked would load fine, but subsequent presets would not until I reloaded the synth. Sometimes they would be silent as you describe, other times they just didn't sound right, like the oscillators weren't loading correctly or something. Switching to the vst2 resolved the issue.
Last edited by Greenstorm33 on Sat May 15, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Anyone else get this?
Is it the same presets? Could you note one down next time this happens?
Seems to be different most of the time.
I did a test. I selected the lead category each time and all factory presets. Each time different ones were silent or very low levels of certain frequencies. I could see the levels in my DAW (Bitwig) but could barely hear anything, often sub bass fequencies. Some presets were audible in the mid range but very quiet.

1st load these ones were off ( I randomly picker some presets and then went to the start, so the ones not listed in the leads were audible and seemed normal):
Acid sweep
Analog Trumpet
Basic Acid
Bodzin Lead
Candy Kane
Clean Lead
FM Growl
Frogger

At Frogger I deleted the plugin and re-loaded. The second time I went through some from the top and these were inaudible or quiet:
Arp Trance
Big Trance Arp
chipped classics (quiet)
Exhale

There around Exhale I closed it and re-loaded. This time these ones were silent or quiet:
Beautifal Dread lead
A storm (quiet)
Digital Monk
Acid sweep
Analog Trumpet
Basic Acid
Big room simplicity (quiet)
Bodzin lead
Bury it strings
C64 chords
Candy Kane
Clean lead
Digital Monk
Dirty stepper (quiet)
Dist guitar (quiet)
Doctor who (quiet)

Sometimes about half of them can be heard, sometimes less, sometimes 75% of them have no sound. It's very annoying because it happens pretty much every time that there are just a bunch of presets that can barely be heard.

And this has always happened with VST2 and VST3 FYI.

This sounds like maybe you have a midi device that is triggering either the macro controls or mod wheel…

Do you have any midi devices attached?

Phil Sonic Academy wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:49 pm This sounds like maybe you have a midi device that is triggering either the macro controls or mod wheel…

Do you have any midi devices attached?
No, just using my surface pro standalone. No midi gear attached at all. And wouldn't that have the same effect every time I open it? Some presets that are quiet are fine the next time I load and others are quiet. It's the same presets within a given plugin load session that have a problem though.

Return to “Instruments”