E-Phonic Invader 2 v1.0.11 (WIN / OSX)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Invader 2

e-phonic wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 10:59 am Working on the parameter update... takes a bit more time than expected, as always :-)
I'm currently writing some code to keep all saved patches from 1.0.3 compatible with the new version. The good news is that this seems to work properly so far.
Saved songs will not be compatible unfortunately. In the worst case you will need to save the patches used with v1.0.3 and load them again in v1.0.4. So, no work will be lost.
Great news! One more suggestion if you don't mind: can you set up the tool tip so it appears when you hover your mouse cursor over a parameter for a few seconds, OR provide somewhere on the GUI where we can see the current tuning without having to move the knob? It's just difficult to look at the Freq knob position and gather from that what it's currently tuned to without moving it first. I mean sure, I could use my ears but hearing the intervals when neither Osc is tuned to the fundamental becomes a bit more difficult.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:01 pm One more suggestion if you don't mind: can you set up the tool tip so it appears when you hover your mouse cursor over a parameter for a few seconds
Or click to display perhaps?

Tool tips that can't be turned off
is something I find extremly....
AND I don't mean extremly as in
the positive sense as in extreme ironing...
xtrmironing.png
...but as in extreeeeemly infuriating

(which also means I would like to get rid of the ones that are already present...like "Mod amount" ect...)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Click to display is fine. Tooltips don't bug me if they're slow. Like two seconds to hover is fine. But VST's with instant tooltips are indeed very annoying*.

*Unless the tool tip is in a dedicated section of the GUI that's out of the way like Valhalla plugins.

You mean the tiny value readouts under the control? Those don't bother me, most controls don't seem to have one, anyway. Which is cool in a way because you have to program by ear, not by value.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:29 pm Click to display is fine. Tooltips don't bug me if they're slow. Like two seconds to hover is fine. But VST's with instant tooltips are indeed very annoying*.
All of them annoys me since I constantly trigger them regardless of the time they needs to trigger.

The worst ones are the tool tips that tells me about what the parameter does, specially common ones like feedback, treshold and what not...

It's like being Michael Long in the Knight Rider and having KITT constantly telling you what the diffirent things in the car does, like gas and break pedals... not only when you get into the car but during the whole drive...everytime, every drive. Wouldn't take me long until I would launch KITT off a cliff .
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:29 pm *Unless the tool tip is in a dedicated section of the GUI that's out of the way like Valhalla plugins.
Yes, they are much better..as long as they do not draw attention to themself.

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:52 pm You mean the tiny value readouts under the control? Those don't bother me, most controls don't seem to have one, anyway. Which is cool in a way because you have to program by ear, not by value.
No, I'm not talking about values of controls...but this
invadertooltip1.0.3.png
... and don't knock the display of values :D It's great to be able to tell friends asking for advice what value increase they should be trying, for say an eq for example...and so on. Values in of themself is kind of arbitrary since the change they represent are usually tied to the specific design/behaviour of the plugin but can however be learned with time without any effort... but yes, I understand what you mean, values can also be distracting in a way.

I strongly prefer a specific place on the GUI to display all values... like in U-he products...pop ups are just visual pollution in that way it's a new element that show up that needs to be registered by the brain... you may be able to ignore it the brain doesn't... I rather use my brain juice for something better :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ah, well, there only seem to be very few of those, only for the mod amount sliders, probably because there are no labels so people might wonder what those are good for. Depending on where the mouse pointer is, they seem to overlap with the value readout, which is not so good.
But you can kill the tool tip immediately by clicking anywhere on the control. Fortunately that doesn't set the control's value unlike with some other synths.

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:45 pm Ah, well, there only seem to be very few of those, only for the mod amount sliders, probably because there are no labels so people might wonder what those are good for.
"only seem to be very few" Stop triggering me damn it :D
It is completly redundant, the slider is adressed by the defined parameter below like LFO2 for example... If people don't already know that it correlates to the slider above to then they can do it like in the old days and change it to see what happens... you know, the basics of learning :clown: :D

Things like this belongs in a manual or short introduction display at the most, no need to keep repeating things over and over and over an over... how many times does a user actually need to read it? ... because we all do believe the users have the ability to learn do we not? or?

I can make a decent list of objective reasons why tool tip descriptions shall be a option that the user can turn off/on. I have yet heard a single reasoning that can prove an actual advantage for the user to be constantly reminder of stuff every time changing or resting the mouse above a parameter and so on.

However I digress, I ASSUME this is temporary....

e-crooner wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:45 pm Depending on where the mouse pointer is, they seem to overlap with the value readout
Yes, your right... I can confirm that is actually the case.
e-crooner wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 9:45 pm But you can kill the tool tip immediately by clicking anywhere on the control.
Ah yeah, this is some real heavy trigger comment right here :lol:
Just make things like this an option... 1 click VS [insert enormous value here].

I understand if the black pop up value display takes less effort to implement or even if it's just by choice, however I would rather prefer the value being displayed in the same place as the parameter...as in OSC 1 vs OSC 2. just my 2 cents
Invader_howAboutMod.png

A friend put me onto this surprise synth a few days ago, and I must say I was surprised at the quality of the patches, the comfortable/familiar & lovely interface, and the overall sound and methodology - congratulations to the developers, the future looks bright for Invader.

Invader is one of the nicest synth surprises in recent years. A high-quality sound with a generous intro offer by a developer who's an old hand around here, recently returned after years of absence.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:51 am Invader is one of the nicest synth surprises in recent years. A high-quality sound with a generous intro offer by a developer who's an old hand around here, recently returned after years of absence.
+1
i7 9700K @ 4.6 GHz - Asus Prime Z390-A - Corsair DDR4 3000 MHz - Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB - RME HDSPe AIO + XLR balanced breakout - 2x Iiyama PL2492H - Novation Impulse 61 - Evolution UC-16 - Clavia Nord Lead 2 - Yamaha S80

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

e-phonic wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:56 am Hmmm... I see Reason only supports VST2? I cannot release VST2 anymore because of licensing.
A VST3 version for OSX should be fairly easy to do.
Hello! Any update on a VST3 version?

Vortifex wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:30 am Sadly I think this will get unfairly slept on. Searching it on Google brings up the old version from the early 2000s. Maybe it should have been called Invader 2? I dunno. But it sounds really good and deserves success IMO.
I noticed that as well the other day, and I was like, weird, is that another skin already? :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”