DAW Fusion

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitwig+Reason. Reason with cliplaunch. Wig For A Reason.

OctaMed + Orion

Oki, Reason + Orion, then.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:33 pmI was on Orion too back in the days. I left software before Richard gave it up. Do you know the reason for abandoning it?
Not just lack of sales but the fact that the plug-in side of the business was going so well, Rich couldn't justify the amount of time he needed to spend on Orion when it had become such a small part of his overall business.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

exactly, lack of sales....

apoclypse wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:23 pm Bitwig and Ableton

I'll see myself out.
I fired some water out of my nose laughing at this.

bidule and samplitude.

oh!

twin cassette deck.....

oh, that's not digital.... is the what the D stands for?

Nakamichi had a tape deck that couple flip the cassette over for you. I want that in a DAW. :wink:

Studio One and Usine Hollyhock

AnX wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:08 pm twin cassette deck.....
:lol: This is the best!
No double cassette decks? No deal! (Flipping is the coolest as well 8) What a nice era!).

Oh well, topic, I couldn't find any cool ideas! I think it can't be done as every DAW has its own style and workflow.

EnGee wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:17 am
Oh well, topic, I couldn't find any cool ideas! I think it can't be done as every DAW has its own style and workflow.
Not even instruments and effects from different DAW's ? Mockup screenshots ?
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

If you take effects and other instruments from another DAW, then you need to implement them with a style that fit the current DAW. That would be just a feature request then.
I wouldn't like to mix Bitwig style with Cubase style. It would be a mess in design.

Sadly, these companies above would never merge technologies,due to a list of reasons, pride being the number one killer. Though to play along, I'd love to see a sort of Presonus Studio One / Bitwig / Steinberg Cubase
1. Presonus Studio One - Pro Tools features, but better workflow - drag n drop king
2. Bitwig - Creativity workflow with audio/midi + great media browser
3. Steinberg Cubase - Midi and UI support + best media browser

Make a DAW like that,and it'd be great.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

EnGee wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:11 am If you take effects and other instruments from another DAW, then you need to implement them with a style that fit the current DAW. That would be just a feature request then.
I wouldn't like to mix Bitwig style with Cubase style. It would be a mess in design.
Think about how it would work, rather how it wouldn't...
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”