Reason 12 announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12 Reason Intro Reason Suite

loungepanda wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:26 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:27 am
jarnold wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:21 amNot sure that a high-rez/scalable GUI is really a massive feature in 2021, I mean, aren't they all?
Well, it is because they're 3-4 years behind everyone else.
If only. Bitwig, Presonus and Image-Line all released high-resolution versions of their DAWs back in 2015.
Well, I'm old. When I think of 90's I think it was just 10 years ago :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

jarnold wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 9:21 amNot sure that a high-rez/scalable GUI is really a massive feature in 2021, I mean, aren't they all?
If only. Bitwig, Presonus and Image-Line all released high-resolution versions of their DAWs back in 2015.
The others DAWs ain't Reason though. Reason is ahead in many ways too compared to the other DAWs.

deep'n'dark wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:41 pm
The others DAWs ain't Reason though. Reason is ahead in many ways too compared to the other DAWs.
Ahead how?
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Aggressively pushing a subscription is very 2021. Lots of DAWs are still firmly in the permanent license dark ages.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

apoclypse wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 1:55 pm
Ahead how?
All the CV-things, the overall feel-to-it-feeling about the whole DAW and also, the Rack Concept too.

deep'n'dark wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:07 pm
Ahead how?
All the CV-things, the overall feel-to-it-feeling about the whole DAW and also, the Rack Concept too.

I don't know if I'd call that ahead. Maybe just a preference. I like Reason but I don't have the time, inclination or patience to deal with a whole bunch of cables like I used to.

The Rack concept has been done in other DAWs too and imo better. I'm not bashing Reason, I'm just saying that a lot of Reason's strengths when it first came out feel like weaknesses to me now. I used to be a hardcore a Reason user since 2.5.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Looks like my September guess was pretty spot on.

apoclypse wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:12 pm
deep'n'dark wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:07 pm

Ahead how?

I don't know if I'd call that ahead. Maybe just a preference. I like Reason but I don't have the time, inclination or patience to deal with a whole bunch of cables like I used to.

The Rack concept has been done in other DAWs too and imo better. I'm not bashing Reason, I'm just saying that a lot of Reason's strengths when it first came out feel like weaknesses to me now. I used to be a hardcore a Reason user since 2.5.
As long as I wouldn't sound better in any other DAW, I'd always get zero interest into the other DAWs. Reason has the best structure and over-understanding imo.

BTW: If you waited to upgrade from 10 then you currently get a discount and a free update to 12.

Didn't they say that they are making improvements to the DAW and sequencer already? Maybe not 12.0 but they are working on it, it will probably be throughout the 12.x life cycle. The Rack upgrade and GUI probably took a lot of resources. I'm not saying that I'm jumping for joy with this announcement, but it's nice. Ijs yall are quick to jump into doom and gloom mode. Let them release this rack update, yall know it's the bread and butter. They could've just waited until 2022 but they have the GUI fixed, they're releasing it. It's like y'all know what you're getting with Reason Studios, they are catching up in a sense sure..but you know how they do. Why are you complaining when they said that they are working on the sequencer and DAW feature list? Enjoy the moment and be happy or take the rack with you to your other DAW. You are threatening Reason and talking about Ableton, and Cubase and etc like they're so much better...go over there then. It's not like you can't take the rack with you and then you can have all of your most wanted DAW / sequencer updates. Some people just complain to be heard..they already said that they are working on it and yet you still complain because its not fast enough for you...well deal with it.

a New customizable combinator

this is very very very Big

we can create our effects with that

that alone is valid for the update

and also a new sampler

electronic115 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 2:55 pm a New customizable combinator

this is very very very Big

we can create our effects with that

that alone is valid for the update
Agreed. I've posted on here before about this and even commented that having a customizable front panel would have been fantastic, but not necessary. That they chose to go further than just upgrading the number of controls is fantastic.

Meh. I will stay with 11 unless more happens. I can already make gui smaller per mac pro screen, but higher cpu on graphics is not worth it really. Give us a little more en september and we shall see.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

A new sampler + new combinator skinning
I foresee a shitload of upcoming sample packs
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Kind of annoying that none of the rig bundles are in their May sale, suppose will have to wait until BF to get them reduced. What’s the best reduction seen, have they ever gone for half price?

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”