One Synth Challenge #147: Any Full Bucket Music Synth Challenge (schiing Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheFrozenSea wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:21 am Programming drums in different midi tracks for each sound will be tedious, but I guess there's no way around that
I have to say, I MUCH prefer using different tracks for each drum sound. It allows me to arrange the drums much more easily, I cannot stand having a single midi track with everything on it. Once you split, you won't quit! ... err ...

z.prime wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:04 pm
TheFrozenSea wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:21 am Programming drums in different midi tracks for each sound will be tedious, but I guess there's no way around that
I have to say, I MUCH prefer using different tracks for each drum sound. It allows me to arrange the drums much more easily, I cannot stand having a single midi track with everything on it. Once you split, you won't quit! ... err ...
I agree with Z, I tend to build beats in small pieces and then "glue" parts up to loop them, then copy and paste parts where I need them. Having each part of the kit split out different channels makes mixing and editing the drumkit way easier too. I always split the tracks out when using a software kit too, then after I'm relatively happy with the basic beats I'll print all the tracks and edit/process the wavs instead of the midi (not in OSC obviously, but in my other stuff.)

Hm, interesting to hear about your views on drum programming. I use Cubase and afaik, there's no other way than to program them one by one. I picture it being like programming a piano performance by programming several monophonic synths 😅 well ok maybe not really, but you get my point. Oh well, at least I'll learn something new :)

Song for entry to OSC #147 Any Full Bucket synth

DAW Bitwig
13 instances of Blooo
4 Gatekeeper
9 Kotelnikov
2 Breeze 2
1 Bitwig Tool
1 Alborosie Dub Station
2 Seventh Heaven
10 Bitwig EQ+
1 Looperator
2 Audiodamage Dubstation2
1 Pancake
1 Devastor 2
1 PT-EQ-X
1 Equivocate
+ Bitwig EQ+, Kotelnikov, and Elevate, on master track.

https://soundcloud.com/springgoose/spri ... e-blue-jam
Last edited by Spring Goose on Mon May 17, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I've just replaced the song, there was something wrong with my mix.

Hi,

I need the Fury 800 v2.0.1 N version to download, since later versions sound different and my song is messed up. Any idea where I can download that version? The drums sound much shorter... EDIT: Now I found an old installer :party:

Nothing has changed soundwise since version 2.0.0.

TheFrozenSea wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 7:31 pm Hm, interesting to hear about your views on drum programming. I use Cubase and afaik, there's no other way than to program them one by one. I picture it being like programming a piano performance by programming several monophonic synths 😅 well ok maybe not really, but you get my point. Oh well, at least I'll learn something new :)
Talking in general? Then no ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N9EFqf2Lvk.
And there's two levels of programming. Dialing in the midi pattern (drum editor) and programming the sounds. And as far as I remember you can route from a midi track with drum editor to different instruments... i.e. have everything in one midi view but still be able to have different tracks with automation... But I use Bitwig which has Drum Machine where it's exactly the same. You can have one midi track but different instruments which have a sub-channel in the mixer on their own.

] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:41 pm And there's two levels of programming. Dialing in the midi pattern (drum editor) and programming the sounds. And as far as I remember you can route from a midi track with drum editor to different instruments... i.e. have everything in one midi view but still be able to have different tracks with automation...
That is exactly how I do it, one Midi track and routing the notes I use for the drum sounds to the respective instrument tracks, in the Cubase drum editor, which I then rename to reflect the instrument.
Wouldn’t want to have it any other way, having each drum instrument in a separate MIDI event on different tracks is a PITA for me.

fese wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:40 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:41 pm And there's two levels of programming. Dialing in the midi pattern (drum editor) and programming the sounds. And as far as I remember you can route from a midi track with drum editor to different instruments... i.e. have everything in one midi view but still be able to have different tracks with automation...
That is exactly how I do it, one Midi track and routing the notes I use for the drum sounds to the respective instrument tracks, in the Cubase drum editor, which I then rename to reflect the instrument.
Wouldn’t want to have it any other way, having each drum instrument in a separate MIDI event on different tracks is a PITA for me.
Yes exactly.
One option Bitwig offers to edit "things in context" is that you can edit multiple clips in one editor.... Just select as many midi clips as you like and open an editor in "layer mode". I use that often as well.

Well, Here's a thing.
https://soundcloud.com/gorgorgathgorgor ... -unearthed

7 instances of Full Bucket's Scrooo.
Ferric TDS
DC1A3
Loudmax
Baxter EQ
Pancake 2
TAL Dub Delay
TAL Reverb II

I may add stuff and update later, but I might get busy and not have time, If so, this is my entry. Enjoy!

fese wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:40 pm
Cool, thanks! I googled and clicked around in the key editor/beat designer but couldn't find anything. Didn't think of the drum editor, which in hindsight makes more sense. I've seen Doms video but I don't remember him mentioning sending to different instrument tracks. Anyway I'll click around in the drum editor later, thanks again!

TheFrozenSea wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:34 pm
Cool, thanks! I googled and clicked around in the key editor/beat designer but couldn't find anything. Didn't think of the drum editor, which in hindsight makes more sense. I've seen Doms video but I don't remember him mentioning sending to different instrument tracks. Anyway I'll click around in the drum editor later, thanks again!
You might have to resize the drum sound panel to see the output column:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=564633&p=8105008#p8105008

So, I’ve uploaded a newer version
May or may not be the entry, as I’ve used another plug which I’m unsure is okay :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

:help: I have an issue: Sidechaining to create pumping effect, is this allowed or grey area? Please advise. Thanks.
Cheers.

Return to “Instruments”