Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

Touch The Universe wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:36 pm Anyone interested in third party soundsets?

yes, ones that aren't vintage pads and shite

modern sounds, yes please

And ones that are not more expensive than the synth itself! !

So anywhere between $0 and $80 then.

N__K wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:08 pm
FrogsInPants wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:31 am
N__K wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 am Is there any possibility yet of permanent offline activation via regcode or regfile, that'd work in perpetuity?

That is: after user has bought and downloaded the plugin and authentication code/file, no further internet connection, logins etc. would ever be required for using the plugin.
I have no idea what the status of this is, but see Matt's exchange with OzoneJunkie back in November: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=555319&p=7957570#p7957570
Thanks, good to know!

I too prefer fully offline installers, and would welcome an option to disable all online functionality of the plugin, including update checks (so that there's no need to click any dialogs away etc.).
Perhaps a checkbox at installation, or a setting in a config file, etc.

I understand that to test Vital, I need to create an account on the Vital site (https://vital.audio/#getvital) - no demo installer available without registering?

Also, after registering, will I be able to download an installer .exe (or a compressed package with .dll files) that can be used on a fully offline DAW computer?
You don't need an internet connection to run Vital, you can click "Work Offline" to permanently bypass the login screen. Vital downloads and installs presets itself though so if you install Vital to an offline computer it won't come with any presets. Then you can manually download from the site and install them from within Vital by selecting "Import Bank" in the menu.

sqigls wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:09 am
Touch The Universe wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:36 pm Anyone interested in third party soundsets?

yes, ones that aren't vintage pads and shite

modern sounds, yes please
What are those? High frequency fatigue wobles? Lol

Soundset for Vital incoming!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Sure ! If it's not only pads (millions and millions available everywhere, who makes successful pad music anyway ? that's the thing people hear for 10 seconds in the background) and arpeggiated stuff (unusable in real life) ! :tu:
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

DJErmac wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 am arpeggiated stuff (unusable in real life) ! :tu:
I use arpeggio patches in my music all the time. Do you perhaps mean sequenced patches that contain predefined notes ? Two different things.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:13 am
DJErmac wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:43 am arpeggiated stuff (unusable in real life) ! :tu:
I use arpeggio patches in my music all the time. Do you perhaps mean sequenced patches that contain predefined notes ? Two different things.
Yes, mainly this. Easily recognizable, so totally unusable.
I make my own arpeggiated sequences by writing notes in Cubase. I never use any pre-arpeggiated stuff in any kind coming from a synth.
But that's just my very own opinion, I totally respect the fact that some people use it to save time. I rarely speak for the entire world you know. ;)
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Sounds that really dig into the amazing capabilities of this synth, rather than sounds we've all heard a billion times.
Mileage must vary a lot i guess, subjective... I'd pesonally buy some amazing presets of sounds just to understand how they are made. I'm keen to hear what the psy and the d&b producers are doing with Vital. With all the amazing tight modulation that the synth is capable of. I'm sure they've done it to death in Serum, but i'm not really into the overall sound of Serum.

sqigls wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:28 am I'm keen to hear what the psy and the d&b producers are doing with Vital.
sqigls wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:28 am sounds we've all heard a billion times.

:lol:
Always Read the Manual!

ok i could be more specific in my description, i wrongfully assume that people should understand I'm talking about the GOOD ones, not the f**king shite ones.
but my point being, i'm interested in the SOUNDS more than any GENRE

sqigls wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:45 am ok i could be more specific in my description, i wrongfully assume that people should understand I'm talking about the GOOD ones, not the f**king shite ones.
but my point being, i'm interested in the SOUNDS more than any GENRE
I knew exactly what you meant, I was just pulling your leg :D
Always Read the Manual!

HOWEVER, it's generally THOSE types of genres that housed the innovators that abused synths to a whole new level. And still do, to a large extent. I personally can't really stand psytarnce anymore, but i will make an exception for dudes like Merv Pepler for example, because he does come up with some amazing sounds.

DJErmac wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:05 am
Teksonik wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:13 am
Yes, mainly this. Easily recognizable, so totally unusable.
I make my own arpeggiated sequences by writing notes in Cubase. I never use any pre-arpeggiated stuff in any kind coming from a synth.
But that's just my very own opinion, I totally respect the fact that some people use it to save time. I rarely speak for the entire world you know. ;)
I just wanted to clarify the difference between arpeggiated and sequenced patches. An arpeggiator responds to note input so will sound different depending on the notes it is given while sequenced patches contain a predefined series of notes.

For example this is a sequenced patch:

Sequenced.png

While this is an Arpeggiated patch:

Arpeggio.png

While I don't use other people's Sequenced patches I will use patches that use an Arpeggiator since I will frequently record my playing rather than mouse notes into a piano roll so would be interested in those types of sound if I were to consider any third party sounds.

I would be far more interested in those types of sounds than bass or lead sounds and since people seem to be giving their opinions on what a Vital sound set should contain I thought I would add my opinion as well.

To me an Arpeggiator is a musical instrument to be played and have enjoyed using them since I got my first one in a Roland Juno 60 in the mid 80's.

"Arpeggiators earned their name from the arpeggio–a phenomenon in music theory where notes of a chord are played one after another in sequence".

"7 Creative Ways to Use Arps in Your Tracks"

https://blog.landr.com/arpeggiators/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”