Licence question

Official support for: zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there! I'd like to get into music making on the Raspberry Pi as well as my windows PC and am looking for a great synth that runs natively on both platforms.

Does anyone know if paying the license fee for ZynAddSubFx / Fusion unlocks both the Windows and Linux versions or if I would have to pay twice.

Thanks! :)
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

Right now the license is open source for both the GUI and the backend. You can build the whole stack yourself without paying anything. Previously in early development of the GUI rewrite there was a temporarily proprietary license. Paying for the gumroad binaries is essentially just that, paying for prebuilt versions of zyn. Of note for your case the linux builds are targeting x86_64, not ARM, so as of the moment you'd have to build the ARM side yourself.

It shouldn't be too hard and people do the same build from time to time, however I haven't done so in a while.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Thanks! I have to admit I've never done a build myself, but I have a 14-year-old who routinely does such things, so I could ask him :)

Thank you again!
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

fundamental wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:44 pm [This isn't a quote]
Since I've got the impression you are one of the real experts, Mr. Fundamental, I wonder if you could explain something I don't understand? It has got nothing to do with licences, I just noticed there has been a conversation here rather recently.

When I move the Vib. Depth sliders in the ADsynth Voices List window, it doesn't affect the sound. According to one of the manuals, those sliders are supposed to control the Frquency LFO. But the Frequency LFO knob doesn't move when I move the sliders, and even if I move the sliders to zero, the frequency vibroto (if that's the right word) is still there. On the other hand, it's fully possible to control the depth of the Frquency LFO by turning the knob connected to it in the Global Parameter window, of course.

Do you know how all this is supposed to work? This is the manual I found by chance:

https://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.io/doc_2.html
To be is to do — Socrates.
To do is to be — Jean-Paul Sartre.
Do be do be do — Frank Sinatra.

@per99 please do not bump threads with unrelated questions. If you have a new topic please create your own thread.
One of the developers on the ZynAddSubFX open source synth
The author of the Zyn-Fusion UI for ZynAddSubFX

Return to “ZynAddSubFX”